new abilities for halo infinite

I was thinking about what some new abilities could be and one idea I thought of was ‘Horn’.
When activated it could emit a loud horn type sound that frightens and confuses the enemy. This could be interesting and could add alot to the gameplay and would be very strategic. For example you could hide behind a corner and when someone runs past you activate your horn AA which will scare them out of their wits and as they’re turing around in panic trying to find the source of the noise you could get behind them and assassiante them… all thanks to the Horn. Maybe steam or something could issue out of the joints in the armor as you’re honking the Horn. Anyway it could be a good way to distract enemies.

Another good idea I thought of for a new spartan ability is “Hack”.
This allows you to hack into the armor of someone on the other team and gain complete control of their actions for a short time. While you have control over them you could make them commit suicide by blowing themselves up or jumping off the map etc causing them to lose a point or you could make them betray their own teammates.
This ability would be balanced as the person who is doing the hacking would remain stationary in their own armor and left vulnerable while they are controlling an enemy. I was thinking the Hack would last for only 10 seconds and be limited to perhaps only 5 Hacks available per match so it’s not abused too much.

Another idea is “Undercover”, this gives you the ability to change the color of your spartan to the same color as your enemy.
For example playing red vs blue… if you’re red then you activate the Undercover ability making your spartan appear blue so that you can trick the other team into thinking you are a friendly. By going Undercover you will infiltrate your enemy team, gain their trust, learn from them, become one of them as you bring them down from the inside.Obviously for balance purposes the color change will only be temporary.

Next one is “Play Dead”, when activated your spartan will fall to the ground and appear as a regular dead body.
For example, as an enemy is running along minding his own business and runs straight past you thinking you are just another body on the ground you will deactivate the ability causing you to be able to jump back to life and kill him…
You would need to make sure that no enemy actually sees you activate the ability otherwise they’ll kill you while you’re down because they’ll know you’re just feigning.
Another good example of how this would be useful is if you’re in the middle of a fight with someone you could activate the “play dead” ability making them think they won the battle only for you to surprisingly jump back up and kill him…

I don’t see these integrating very well with Halo

Or we could just go back to the original concept of 2 players enter a room, fight using only grenades/melee/guns, and the better player walks out.

The last thing I want to see in Halo is more abilities - and all the Spartan abilities that plauge Halo 5 should be trashed as well.

> 2533274811192667;2:
> I don’t see these integrating very well with Halo

Why not?

I’d much rather see no Spartan abilities for the next few games.

I thought that whole OP was meant to be sarcastic tbh

If we take everything in the trailer literally for what the final product will be (which we shouldn’t, but it’s fun so I will); Horn would be particularly useful for moving large groups of animals as an environmental distraction or cover.

If we truly are getting a more open world Halo game; I don’t see why some of these ideas can’t be adjusted to work with the game.

It might be a protecting the earth and environment thing. I’ll play whatever it is…

If there are going to be abilities, I would rather they be closer to the item system in halo 3 because it wasn’t that bad. I’d like it closer to halo 2 though where only skill won you firefights.

> 2533274820971884;5:
> > 2533274811192667;2:
> > I don’t see these integrating very well with Halo
>
> Why not?

What makes Halo, Halo is the face forward fighting and minimal gimmicks. I understand that Reach, 4, and 5 have all had movement enhancers, but moving much past that really changes what a shooter would be…

Horn- A paralyzing ability would be nearly impossible to balance and is more of an RPG ability than FPS
Hack- How would you initiate the Hack? What would the defense be for said ability? A CTF game would not be feasible if you can take over the Flag Carrier
Undercover- That would ruin solo queuing any game type due to betrayals and getting booted
Play Dead- Camping is bad enough when people can only crouch. I don’t know of anyone who would fall for that mid firefight.

You ideas may be ok in an MMORPG or a different Genre. But these would not work in almost all PvP FPS games and i don’t see anyone actually supporting these “abilities” for actual game play.

If abilities may come back, I hope they aren’t forced on us. Atleast make them Halo Reach style where we can choose ONE ability. Not gonna lie the only ability I miss is my Jetpacks :frowning:

> 2533274907586463;12:
> If abilities may come back, I hope they aren’t forced on us. Atleast make them Halo Reach style where we can choose ONE ability. Not gonna lie the only ability I miss is my Jetpacks :frowning:

Yes I meant only one ability being able to be chosen each match.

Abilities are mostly gimmicky ways to get cheap kills and escape death unfairly, there is little to no skill involved, that’s why there should be very few of them in Halo.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274820971884;1:
> I was thinking about what some new abilities could be and one idea I thought of was ‘Horn’.
> When activated it could emit a loud horn type sound that frightens and confuses the enemy. This could be interesting and could add alot to the gameplay and would be very strategic. For example you could hide behind a corner and when someone runs past you activate your horn AA which will scare them out of their wits and as they’re turing around in panic trying to find the source of the noise you could get behind them and assassiante them… all thanks to the Horn. Maybe steam or something could issue out of the joints in the armor as you’re honking the Horn. Anyway it could be a good way to distract enemies.
>
> Another good idea I thought of for a new spartan ability is “Hack”.
> This allows you to hack into the armor of someone on the other team and gain complete control of their actions for a short time. While you have control over them you could make them commit suicide by blowing themselves up or jumping off the map etc causing them to lose a point or you could make them betray their own teammates.
> This ability would be balanced as the person who is doing the hacking would remain stationary in their own armor and left vulnerable while they are controlling an enemy. I was thinking the Hack would last for only 10 seconds and be limited to perhaps only 5 Hacks available per match so it’s not abused too much.
>
> Another idea is “Undercover”, this gives you the ability to change the color of your spartan to the same color as your enemy.
> For example playing red vs blue… if you’re red then you activate the Undercover ability making your spartan appear blue so that you can trick the other team into thinking you are a friendly. By going Undercover you will infiltrate your enemy team, gain their trust, learn from them, become one of them as you bring them down from the inside.Obviously for balance purposes the color change will only be temporary.
>
> Next one is “Play Dead”, when activated your spartan will fall to the ground and appear as a regular dead body.
> For example, as an enemy is running along minding his own business and runs straight past you thinking you are just another body on the ground you will deactivate the ability causing you to be able to jump back to life and kill him…
> You would need to make sure that no enemy actually sees you activate the ability otherwise they’ll kill you while you’re down because they’ll know you’re just feigning.
> Another good example of how this would be useful is if you’re in the middle of a fight with someone you could activate the “play dead” ability making them think they won the battle only for you to surprisingly jump back up and kill him…

Ugh… disgusting. Also here’s a joke, Halo Gear Solid.

> 2535431455589305;6:
> I’d much rather see no Spartan abilities for the next few games.

Why are Spartan Abilities being seen as the only way to improve Halo’s combat to begin with?

What about the 14 year old melee system that’s barely changed since Halo 2? Nobody wants to see improved animations or changes to physics? What if air melee looked different than ground melee? What if the gravity hammer launched the player through the air like a savage when you hold down the trigger, and slams down for 3x radius when they hit the ground? What about an energy sword swing you can hold and charge up, and the player does like this anime-tier double spin attack that sweeps through multiple opponents in a line with a recovery time at the end? Idk, something that’s been on my mind since forever.

You know what was cool? Seat switching in Halo 5.

> 2533274973155628;15:
> > 2533274820971884;1:
> >

How is it disgusting?

No no no, please. no more. I want simplicity.

I’d like to see the Jump pack return and hologram but the hacking one; I’d like to be able to hack something but not another player. Maybe a vehicle or something.

I tend to agree scrap the spartan abilities go back to classic halo gameplay for halo Infinite. Both for the stories sake. And for multiplayer. I will say however. if halo infinite completes the story of the Master chief. But leaves the halo universe open for More stories down the road. Perhaps for a first person shooter mmo where our own custom made spartans / elites become the heroes. Then I can see a possibility for Abilities returning. For now lets complete master chiefs story. And return to classic halo gameplay.