New AA: Saboteur

The Saboteur armor ability would give the user a new prompt option when picking up a weapon or entering a vehicle. Instead of picking up the weapon the Saboteur would be able to booby trap it with an explosive. Picking up a sabotaged weapon and attempting to fire it will result in a lethal explosion. Entering a sabotaged vehicle, as the driver, will trigger a countdown of 3 seconds until it explodes.

If armor abilities were on the map as pickups, outside of MLG, those could even be sabotaged as well. How funny would it be to watch someone pickup the jetpack, fly a few feet up in the air then BEEP BEEP BEEP KABOOM. Easy firebird.

If you have any ideas for a new armor ability please share.

Seems like it would be overpowered. But good idea. And Yes to armor abilities, just make them pick ups on the map Halo 3 style. And no armor lock.

> Seems like it would be overpowered. But good idea. And Yes to armor abilities, just make them pick ups on the map Halo 3 style. And no armor lock.

There could be a 5 second arm time for the Saboteur in order to allow the enemy to catch him in the act without his weapon out. While sabotaging you would lower your weapon similar to arming the bomb.

Since AA’s are hopefully NOT going to be in H4, this idea is rendered useless; and either way, the idea itself is bad.

To me, it sounds like the new Armor Lock, giving people bs kills and causing unneeded paranoia.

Now, as the general idea of offensive AA’s, thats a plausible idea (had it been in Reach) such as:

Shield Drain (Slowly drains enemy’s shields)
Trip mine (Small explosive, activated upon tripping on[duh])
Mobility Lock (Slows movement of enemies within a med. radius)
AA Lock (Renders all AA’s within a med. radius useless)
ect…

> Since AA’s are hopefully NOT going to be in H4, this idea is rendered useless; and either way, the idea itself is bad.
>
> To me, it sounds like the new Armor Lock, giving people bs kills and causing unneeded paranoia.
>
> Now, as the general idea of offensive AA’s, thats a plausible idea (had it been in Reach) such as:
>
> Shield Drain (Slowly drains enemy’s shields)
> Trip mine (Small explosive, activated upon tripping on[duh])
> Mobility Lock (Slows movement of enemies within a med. radius)
> AA Lock (Renders all AA’s within a med. radius useless)
> ect…

I agree armor lock is way over powered tired of sticking someone and they armor lock a stick should be a stick.
I also agree that offensive AA’s would be a good thing.
Now about this idea it seems over powered if there was a good way to balance it then it might work but i just don’t see how they could balance it with it still being effective.

I think that this would be a good idea. I have a question, though. How many times would you be able to use it?

Yeah why not, give the idiots on your team even more ways to be a -Yoink-.

grabs sniper -> boom
hops into warthog -> boom
picks up health pack -> boom

I can already see the idiots already planting bombs everywhere.

So no.

I like the idea of AAs but maybe just as pick up, and replace Armour lock with overshield, and decrease the sensitivity for Active camo, I hate how when I turn it on I can be seen from a mile away when I walk, the way AC is set up it just encourages camping.

I think, they should keep loadouts, but only have like, sprint, evade, and jetpack and the same weapons for each.

As for the idea for booby trapping weapons, I think there should atleast be a disarm where if you stand over it it begins disarming (Like when you stand over the flag or core and it has the progress bar). Or, you could have it be set to detinate in 30 seconds or something.

> I like the idea of AAs but maybe just as pick up, and replace Armour lock with overshield, and decrease the sensitivity for Active camo, I hate how when I turn it on I can be seen from a mile away when I walk, the way AC is set up it just encourages camping.
>
> I think, they should keep loadouts, but only have like, sprint, evade, and jetpack and the same weapons for each.
>
> As for the idea for booby trapping weapons, I think there should atleast be a disarm where if you stand over it it begins disarming (Like when you stand over the flag or core and it has the progress bar). Or, you could have it be set to detinate in 30 seconds or something.

Tho if they could just disarm it, it would defeat the perpose. I think it should have a cooldown of like 5mins or something like that. Other wise everything else i agree on.

Nah, maybe make it more discrete, like they have to examine it for an abordormality, and then press the action button, and begin disarmming it, but have the action button not appear… I don’t know, I don’t really like the idea of this new AA, but I think they should atleast have nightvision in multiplayer.

> Nah, maybe make it more discrete, like they have to examine it for an abordormality, and then press the action button, and begin disarmming it, but have the action button not appear… I don’t know, I don’t really like the idea of this new AA, but I think they should atleast have nightvision in multiplayer.

A night map would be awesome…Could you imagine the ninjaness in the game @_@!

Sounds epic. Imagine it on Armor Lock.

“Sweet! Nobody has picked it up yet! Time to go abuse it and be a total Yoink!”

*Picks it up, activates it

“ARMOR LOCKED Yoink!”

Beep beep beep, BOOM.

I think that this could be a good addition with some tweaks, but I think that it needs to be equipment, not an AA, only to work for a one time use, but you could also use saboteur on any weapons you’re holding, that way if you used up all of the ammo on a weapon you have, you can sabotage and drop it, and only enemies could pick it back up.

> The Saboteur armor ability would give the user a new prompt option when picking up a weapon or entering a vehicle. Instead of picking up the weapon the Saboteur would be able to booby trap it with an explosive. Picking up a sabotaged weapon and attempting to fire it will result in a lethal explosion. Entering a sabotaged vehicle, as the driver, will trigger a countdown of 3 seconds until it explodes.
>
> If armor abilities were on the map as pickups, outside of MLG, those could even be sabotaged as well. How funny would it be to watch someone pickup the jetpack, fly a few feet up in the air then BEEP BEEP BEEP KABOOM. Easy firebird.
>
> If you have any ideas for a new armor ability please share.

if it was in the game id say it would be more balance if it only took out the shield, other wise it would be over powered.

but then again id prefere not to see AA in the new Halo trilogy .

> I think that this could be a good addition with some tweaks, but I think that it needs to be equipment, not an AA, only to work for a one time use, but you could also use saboteur on any weapons you’re holding, that way if you used up all of the ammo on a weapon you have, you can sabotage and drop it, and only enemies could pick it back up.

I like that idea. It could work but if a Sniper Rifle was just sitting in a spot it doesn’t spawn that might look a bit suspect. Maybe shooting a sabotaged weapon will blow it up like a land mine. This way you can check if it’s sabotaged or not.

About being over powered: Any enemy with the Saboteur class would be able to see if any weapon or vehicle is sabotaged (weapon/vehicle blinks red or something) and be able to disarm it.

You would only be able to sabotage any one item at a time. If you sabotage a Sniper Rifle and no one picks it up, you cannot sabotage anything else. If someone picks it up and it blows up then you will regenerate another bomb. If you die, your sabotaged weapon or vehicle becomes normal again.

I like the idea of only stripping shields because an AA alone probably shouldn’t be able to kill. Maybe make it more like the energy drain where it, at minimum, strips shields and, at maximum, kills.

This AA balances itself because anyone using it will not get killed by it. They can see sabotaged items. This could become important for a team to have at least one person with this AA to act as an inspector. Thoughts?

> Nah, maybe make it more discrete, like they have to examine it for an abordormality, and then press the action button, and begin disarmming it, but have the action button not appear… I don’t know, I don’t really like the idea of this new AA, but I think they should atleast have nightvision in multiplayer.

I like this. In order to check for sabotaged items, the player would have to go into a special vision mode that would darken their vision and obscure sound (as if they were underwater). It would also reduce their sight length drastically so they could only look at items fairly close to them. Thoughts?

Just like many other AA’s, I see it as an annoyance for gameplay more than anything, with vehicles going unused past the start because people are afraid someone planted an explosive and getting free kills off of it very cheaply. I’d say no.

> Just like many other AA’s, I see it as an annoyance for gameplay more than anything, with vehicles going unused past the start because people are afraid someone planted an explosive and getting free kills off of it very cheaply. I’d say no.

If you were scared you could just pick the Saboteur class and check for yourself if they are booby trapped. Self balancing AA. One team mate could even check all your vehicles so everyone didn’t have to be a Saboteur.

> Seems like it would be overpowered. But good idea. And Yes to armor abilities, just make them pick ups on the map Halo 3 style. And no armor lock.

I think AL would be tolerable as a pick-up that is a three time use whereas other AA pickups could be multi use.

on topic: I think this could work but make it so it removes shields and nothing else or if in vehicle it EMPs it

> The Saboteur armor ability would give the user a new prompt option when picking up a weapon or entering a vehicle. Instead of picking up the weapon the Saboteur would be able to booby trap it with an explosive. Picking up a sabotaged weapon and attempting to fire it will result in a lethal explosion. Entering a sabotaged vehicle, as the driver, will trigger a countdown of 3 seconds until it explodes.
>
> If armor abilities were on the map as pickups, outside of MLG, those could even be sabotaged as well. How funny would it be to watch someone pickup the jetpack, fly a few feet up in the air then BEEP BEEP BEEP KABOOM. Easy firebird.
>
> If you have any ideas for a new armor ability please share.

I LIKE this.

And I just htink something needs to be tweaked more with armor lock, i try not to cry cheap but sometimes…ugh. Others can be annoying but i can see some good ideas ppl use with jetpack and hologram. Im usually just a sprinter myself. I have an idea for armor lock, maybe another emp type blast could disable it? Like a plasma pistol, or another armor lock? Or you can only do it twice in quick succesion, or a full second delay after u come out of it.