New AA: Ideas (support AA's)

I was thinking about Armor abilities and i noticed that there aren’t
and supportive AA’s to help your team with. So i thought of a few

Deployable Shield AA:

  • Can provide 2 deployable covers for your
    team members.
  • Can be destroyed and will mean a new one
    should be placed down. (once you place down more than one then
    the first one you placed of down disappears.)

Ammo supplier AA: (maybe another name)

  • Provides a ammo crate that your team can use for only their
    loadout weapons. (Your previous ammo crate disappears you
    place down a new one.
  • Can be destroyed
  • Will only remain active while the supplier is alive. (will
    disappear when the supplier dies)

These are a few i have came up with. I think it would also be awesome if
you would get points for supplying your team with cover or ammo similar to
battlefield 3’s ammo and medic class.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas?

first bump. reply people what do you think

pointless.
yet there are many other pointless features in this game.

so why not

As interesting as that would be let me ask you a question first.

Have you ever played with a random in Halo 4 that was happy with getting assists or simply helping others on the team?

I mean Regen Field doesn’t get you points (or medals, or assists), it just helps team mates, who in most cases don’t really care or have a go at you when you can’t use it for them because its on recharge.

If you like that stuff, try out any of the Battlefields. But from what i hear, BF3 isn’t doing so well.

> I was thinking about Armor abilities and i noticed that there aren’t
> and supportive AA’s to help your team with. So i thought of a few
>
> Deployable Shield AA:
> - Can provide 2 deployable covers for your
> team members.
> - Can be destroyed and will mean a new one
> should be placed down. (once you place down more than one then
> the first one you placed of down disappears.)
> I like it, but basically it’s like a hardlight shield that can be destroyed faster since it’s weaker.
>
>
> Ammo supplier AA: (maybe another name)
> - Provides a ammo crate that your team can use for only their
> loadout weapons. (Your previous ammo crate disappears you
> place down a new one.
> - Can be destroyed
> - Will only remain active while the supplier is alive. (will
> disappear when the supplier dies)
>
> camping AA, despite the good intention put behind it (you thought of teamwork when designing it, it’s obvious) people don’t play as teams.
> I can see people camping near the pelican on ragnarok with DMRs and infinity crates behind them.
> also, does it give ammo for ALL weapons or only human ones? it’s unfair. does it also restock the shotgun then? etc.
> might not be balanced.
>
> These are a few i have came up with. I think it would also be awesome if
> you would get points for supplying your team with cover or ammo similar to
> battlefield 3’s ammo and medic class.
>
> What do you guys think? Any other ideas?

I have ideas. disrupting AAs, that are thrown with the same physics as grenades and are destructible. same appearance and size as in their H3 variants :
Flare - throws a flare at the enemy. blurs their vision and/or makes their screen shake (like if a grenade exploded nearby) to make it harder to aim. small effect radius.

Jammer - HUD goes crazy, like in the campaign with Cortana being rampant. hides/makes it harder to see radar and ammo count. could also produce static noise to cover other noise. could also create statics to reduce visibility. small effect radius.

As much as I like your ideas for new AA’s, we already have tactical/support packages which essentially do the same thing (and don’t cost an AA slot).

I think the AA’s right now pretty much cover every type you would/could really need.

> As interesting as that would be let me ask you a question first.
>
> Have you ever played with a random in Halo 4 that was happy with getting assists or simply helping others on the team?
>
> I mean Regen Field doesn’t get you points (or medals, or assists), it just helps team mates, who in most cases don’t really care or have a go at you when you can’t use it for them because its on recharge.
>
> If you like that stuff, try out any of the Battlefields. But from what i hear, BF3 isn’t doing so well.

yeah the regen doesnt give you anything but it should give points to
whoever placed it down.

also the ammo crates like i said will only give you ammo for your loadout weapons.
They will not give you extra ammo for ordnance drops.

^ This wasn’t directed towards you but towards everyone