New 1v1 playlist?

DO you agree that there should be a 1v1 playlist in Halo:Reach?

> DO you agree that there should be a 1v1 playlist in Halo:Reach?

yh

nope, i can’t see a 1v1 playlist being any good and we don’t need more playlists to stretch out reach’s population even more…

But maybe they could trial it on reach for like two weeks, and then incorporate it into Anniversary?

We seem to forget that these things were given a trial in both Halo 2 and Halo 3 and in the end, both of them got removed.

Why? Boosting and hiding.

Boosting was main part in it, you could get your 50 in a day if you knew the language trick, if it’s brought back, it will be more and more boosting.

toshay i see your point but i still think there aren’t enough competitive and fun gametypes in reach, and 1v1-ing is like a main part for competitive gamers

> toshay i see your point but i still think there aren’t enough competitive and fun gametypes in reach, and 1v1-ing is like a main part for competitive gamers

Which is why we have Custom Games, just saying.

But don’t you think if its so common which it is, it should be made into a playlist so you can actually earn some credits for it?

> toshay i see your point but i still think there aren’t enough competitive and fun gametypes in reach, and 1v1-ing is like a main part for competitive gamers

team slayer, arena, MLG, big team battle, squad slayer isn’t enough competitve for you?

granted they aren’t exactly competitive but that’s to do with the average skill level in the playlists being pretty low.

i’m with the little moa on this, all it will be used for is for boosing and a reason for why some one is better then another.

having it as a reason to claim you are better than another person. That;s why people 1v1 in the first place, thats pretty much all you’re doing in all of the competitive playlists. How could you boost in it, if the max party size be set to 1?

> having it as a reason to claim you are better than another person. That;s why people 1v1 in the first place, thats pretty much all you’re doing in all of the competitive playlists. How could you boost in it, if the max party size be set to 1?

we don’t need another reason to stat flame.

if 1v1 is all you ever do in other playlists then there is no need to dedicate a playlist to it since you are already doing it in other playlists.

i see no reason why we need a 1v1 playlist.

well i just checked your stats and they’re not all the good so maybe this a reason why you dont want this playlist?

stats are meaningless, the only reason they are there is for another incentive for more casual players to keep playing and become more hardcore out of the need to be better then some one else.

anyway, what does stats have to do with the need for a 1v1 playlist?
it seems that you need another meaningless stat to prove something when you don’t need to prove anything.

Well you do bro, beating somebody in a 1v1 doesn’t mean anything statwise i dont care if would get a win medal or something it helps with your self respect and it show to others that you are skillful.

Ouch! Haunted gives no mercy! Lol

seriously tho, i think its funny that people complain reach is too slow and then you see requests for 1v1."can you imagine how dull this would be?? Ehh maybe i just dont get the appeal. Im all.for slowing gameplay to a reasinable rate, but this would be too slow gor me…

> Well you do bro, beating somebody in a 1v1 doesn’t mean anything statwise i dont care if would get a win medal or something it helps with your self respect and it show to others that you are skillful.

excuse me?
beating some one in a 1v1 statwise is nothing but you will be using those stats earned in the playlist to prove you are skillfull?
contradictory…

1v1’s are usually to 15 though. And by having them on small maps like sanctuary or something they usually last for about 10-12 minutes which is the average time for a Team Slayer game

> Ouch! Haunted gives no mercy! Lol
>
> seriously tho, i think its funny that people complain reach is too slow and then you see requests for 1v1."can you imagine how dull this would be?? Ehh maybe i just dont get the appeal. Im all.for slowing gameplay to a reasinable rate, but this would be too slow gor me…

you know me :wink:

i agree, out of all the 1v1’s i’ve done in customs they just turn in to crouch walking and camping, even under MLG settings so it would just be dull and boring, sort of like AFC’ing since nothing is going on.

Yeah it just all depends on the players though, if that ends up happening certain players can get the win easily for example just getting them with a nade when they’re camping and then just spawn killing them for a little bit. By doing this it usually makes them angrier so they rush or they continue to hide and therefore the opponent gets the win as the camper has already died too many times.

> Yeah it just all depends on the players though, if that ends up happening certain players can get the win easily for example just getting them with a nade when they’re camping and then just spawn killing them for a little bit. By doing this it usually makes them angrier so they rush or they continue to hide and therefore the opponent gets the win as the camper has already died too many times.

but the majority of players will either be there to boost or to try and prove there skill.
most people who want to try and prove there skill don’t generally understand the game so they end up camping and hiding all the time.

1v1’s don’t prove anything in reach, reach is a team oriented game so if anything the people who will play the 1v1 playlist alot don’t understand the concept of teamwork proving the opposite of what they are trying to prove.