Nevermind

Nevermind.

The AR is a tool that serves a different purpose than the BR. However, considering that the BR is more skill-based, you can beat ARs up close with it IF you don’t mess up.

This makes the AR a safer, yet less effective method of killing up close. If you use the BR or Magnum up close often, you can get good with them to the point that no AR user can beat you.

So… what are you trying to get your point across. I got lost

HEY!

Guess what?

Lore doesn’t dictate gameplay. It has been established that weapons are typically weaker in game than they are in universe. Hell, the Type-25 or Type-54 Directed Energy Pistol (Plasma Pistol for those who don’t know) should kill Marines in seconds, but in-game, they’ll take more gunfire than you do sometimes.

Again:
Gameplay and realism should rarely, if ever, be entirely related. Weapon balance comes first.

Also:
Good god man, how many times are you going to regurgitate this “precision MA5”?

> 2533274951830603;1:
>

It isn’t a matter of assumption that some of people on the forum disagree with you. This is the third time (at least) you’ve posted this. At least you haven’t insulted people for disagreeing this time.

I’m also forced to wonder why you posted this if you don’t care about other people’s opinions on the subject? If you don’t care what people think why did you put forth the effort?

In my opinion the automatic weapons are too powerful as it is (I’d support a slight reduction in Red Reticle Range, but that is my preference). We don’t need an automatic precision weapon besides the 2nd tier carbine. Yes, I’m well aware of the actual real life ballistics. I know very well exactly how far a bullet can travel from an SMG in the real world. The real world isn’t the game though and realism is not something that should be considered in game play.

> 2535468425990603;3:
> So… what are you trying to get your point across. I got lost

I’m not sure what he’s on about either. Is he saying the AR is a noob gun or something? It’s pretty much the weakest weapon in the game.

I think he’s saying that all the auto weapons and the shotgun should be precision weapons that don’t have bullet spread and they should kill faster. Which would be absurd if that’s what he’s saying.

He calls this “facts” when it’s filled with opinion.

> 2533274859655334;6:
> > 2535468425990603;3:
> > So… what are you trying to get your point across. I got lost
>
>
> I’m not sure what he’s on about either. Is he saying the AR is a noob gun or something? It’s pretty much the weakest weapon in *Halo 3.

Cough Cough (not against the power of the ar tho)

On-Topic: You know what OP, you are I disagree with you on almost everything, except for one point.

> 2533274951830603;1:
> the shotgun. The problem is that the aforementioned weapon is not precision-based.

Because a buckshot, but not slug, shotgun should definitely be accurate and not have the spread it does. /s

> 2727626560040591;7:
> I think he’s saying that all the auto weapons and the shotgun should be precision weapons that don’t have bullet spread and they should kill faster. Which would be absurd if that’s what he’s saying.

Not absurd. All weapons have “spread” if recoil is taken into consideration. A precision-based AR is no different. A short burst would have little spread sure, but a larger burst would have a lot of “spread.”

> 2533274816788253;8:
> He calls this “facts” when it’s filled with opinion.

Sorry if I just double posted. I just want to reply to a couple of you.

Yeah. Sure. This is my opinion, but my opinion is based in reality, not Hollywood realism.

I’m not sure what posting this altered version of my last thread has to do with it. I never meant to insult anyone. I was just griping about the guns in a video game and people got all freaked out like my views were about to kill them or something. I got ticked because some guys were going ape and jumping my case. I want to get my point across, but every time I do, some kid on the internet throws a fit and gets my thread locked. I’m not replying to hate messages.

> 2533274951830603;11:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > He calls this “facts” when it’s filled with opinion.
>
>
> Sorry if I just double posted. I just want to reply to a couple of you.
>
> Yeah. Sure. This is my opinion, but my opinion is based in reality, not Hollywood realism.
>
> I’m not sure what posting this altered version of my last thread has to do with it. I never meant to insult anyone. I was just griping about the guns in a video game and people got all freaked out like my views were about to kill them or something. I got ticked because some guys were going ape and jumping my case. I want to get my point across, but every time I do, some kid on the internet throws a fit and gets my thread locked. I’m not replying to hate messages.

There is a difference between realism, and gameplay. If a game was based entirely off of realism and the developer made it a 1:1 clone of how things would work in real life, people would not like it, mainly because there would be mechanics that work against the player because of realism.

Sometimes it’s better to have good, balanced gameplay mechanics than realism.

Here’s an example of a fact:
The word “Halo” is spelt H-A-L-O.
Here’s an example of an opinion:
Sia is a super overrated singer.

See the difference?
Now apply this to your forum posts, and you’ll look exponentially more intelligent.

If you want to use the AR properly, burst it (like a Carbine). If you think spray and pray is how you use the AR, by all means, continue to do so under false pretenses;
https://youtu.be/eSzEy6tcbaU?t=2m44s
There is a damage multiplier of about x1.8-2 on unshielded headshots. Meaning, a burst shot to an unshielded Spartan’s dome from an AR is nearly as effective as one from a BR. Nearly.
As far as synced trade windows are concerned, it’s even.

However, if you spray and pray, you definitely end up praying past 8m.

Here are the results of H5’s AR, fullautoed at the head, not burst/bloom/magnetism controlled.

If you are scoped and damaged, you get descoped.
If you are within decent range to fullauto while scoped, but are then descoped, your damage over time quickly diminishes as you’ve lost your either reticle coverage over the target, or you’ve lost red reticle completely. You go from hitting a lot to not hitting a lot.
If you’re always bursting, your red reticle assists are always rewarded with near maximum magnetism AND if you’re descoped at range, you can still reliably hit your target with skilled aim.

Ha, spray and pray… As though one doesn’t have the skill to avoid a randomly shooting, inaccurate turret!

> 2535416474113375;13:
> Here’s an example of a fact:
> The word “Halo” is spelt H-A-L-O.
> Here’s an example of an opinion:
> Sia is a super overrated singer.
>
> See the difference?
> Now apply this to your forum posts, and you’ll look exponentially more intelligent.

Sia? Come on she’s pretty good now!:sweat_smile:

> 2535437652903765;4:
> HEY!
>
> Guess what?
>
> Lore doesn’t dictate gameplay. It has been established that weapons are typically weaker in game than they are in universe. Hell, the Type-25 Directed Energy Pistol (Plasma Pistol for those who don’t know) should kill Marines in seconds, but in-game, they’ll take more gunfire than you do sometimes.
>
> Again:
> Gameplay and realism should rarely, if ever, be entirely related. Weapon balance comes first.
>
> Also:
> Good god man, how many times are you going to regurgitate this “precision MA5”?

Thank you.

I seem to do just fine with a suppressed AR in WarZone.

I’m confused. Do you want the automatic weapons to have a headshot bonus? I think they already do.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say, other than something about something not being realistic?

In any game, gameplay > realism. Halo 5 has the best weapon balance since Halo 1, and is a good indicator of how weapons should be in a Halo game.

This isn’t a simulator. Realism isn’t a big deal to most of us, the gameplay is. It’s well established in the books that the AR is more like you said, along with covie weapons being way more powerfull, but in the games that would make the gameplay suck.