Never Forget

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.

Unfortunately, youtube is blocked where I currently am.

I’ll check it out when I get home though :slight_smile:

This makes me happy. It also makes me greatly miss the works of Marty. Nothing against Neil at all, but Marty’s music is just beautiful. But we all knew that.

YES!!!
FLIPPING YES!!!
FINALLY WE GET ONE OF HALO’S ICONIC TRACKS BACK.
WOOOOOOO YEAHHHHHHHH!!! :smiley:

My opinion on the track; I like it although it’s not as good as the original. I fear Neil overdid it a lot. Although I am happy it’s back, I think Neil should clean it up and polish it, he should try to retain the same tune throughout. What he should’ve done was change the tone a bit.
I still don’t think Neil is as good as Marty but some of the Halo 4 tracks are pretty damn amazing.
I hope this isn’t the final cut of Unforgotten in Halo 4.

ALSO IT’S CALLED Unforgotten, not Never Forget.

Yes, classic Halo music. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Love this track, thanks!

> Y
> ALSO IT’S CALLED Unforgotten, not Never Forget.

Unforgotten is Halo 2, Never Forget is Halo 3.

Thank you Neil :slight_smile: You just made me very happy.

My God… it’s beautifull.

> > Y
> > ALSO IT’S CALLED Unforgotten, not Never Forget.
>
> Unforgotten is Halo 2, Never Forget is Halo 3.

They’re both the same.

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

One question though: did the song always go up a key after the 1st interludey-bit?

> > > Y
> > > ALSO IT’S CALLED Unforgotten, not Never Forget.
> >
> > Unforgotten is Halo 2, Never Forget is Halo 3.
>
> They’re both the same.

The names aren’t, which is what I’m pointing out. Since “Never Forget” is the newer title, this Halo 4 iteration is keeps that.

Nicest song out of the whole Halo franchise, by kilometres. I’m so happy to hear this. ;’)

> > > > Y
> > > > ALSO IT’S CALLED Unforgotten, not Never Forget.
> > >
> > > Unforgotten is Halo 2, Never Forget is Halo 3.
> >
> > They’re both the same.
>
> The names aren’t, which is what I’m pointing out. Since “Never Forget” is the newer title, this Halo 4 iteration is keeps that.

It was changed to Never Forget to highlight the War in Halo 3 and the consequences for it, to salute all the dead that had fought.
It’s none-the-less, Unforgotten.

A truly beautiful tune! Just wish there was a version of Reclaimer too.

I’ve been looking for this tune everywhere!

This is beautiful! <3 Just going to listen to this on repeat for a while. I love it!

I bought the Halo 2 soundtrack specifically for this song, thinking there MUST be more to it. That song begged for more.

Looks like I’ll be getting the Halo 4 soundtrack.

> > > Y
> > > ALSO IT’S CALLED Unforgotten, not Never Forget.
> >
> > Unforgotten is Halo 2, Never Forget is Halo 3.
>
> They’re both the same.

No, they aren’t. Never Forget is quite different and I actually prefer Unforgotten to both versions of Never Forget, Halo 3 and 4.

> > > > Y
> > > > ALSO IT’S CALLED Unforgotten, not Never Forget.
> > >
> > > Unforgotten is Halo 2, Never Forget is Halo 3.
> >
> > They’re both the same.
>
> No, they aren’t. Never Forget is quite different and I actually prefer Unforgotten to both versions of Never Forget, Halo 3 and 4.

Halo 2 is the best.