Nerfs? NERFS!

The Assault Rifle needs to be useless, or at least a hell of a lot weaker than it is now. It’s easy to use and kills extremely quick. Nerf the damage. Albeit, once the game comes out, I’ll never play the basic TS playlist because of the AR start and all the people playing with their controllers upside down.

The melee range is kinda odd. In Halo 2 Anniversary, the melee range was perfect. Stick to that. Melee should not be a last resort panic move used by people who aren’t capable of using their weapon.

Grenades are too powerful. The blast radius and damage need to be nerfed.

All in all, the game makes killing others too simple. It’s a great game, just seems too easy for people who don’t know what they’re doing to kill people who do know what they’re doing. My two cents.

Also, sprint and the armor abilities isn’t too annoying in this game. Flinch gotta go doe.

the assault rifle should be useless?? now that makes sense! the effective range could be toned down a bit… thats about all… it needs to have power behind it… its an ASSAULT RIFLE…

Nevermind the fact that the SMG is vastly superior at short range, and the BR at mid to long range. Lets just make it a nerfball cannon.

> 2533274802430675;2:
> the assault rifle should be useless?? now that makes sense! the effective range could be toned down a bit… thats about all… it needs to have power behind it… its an ASSAULT RIFLE…

Exactly, I’ve always hated the weapon. Hell, I wouldn’t even mind if it wasn’t in the game altogether. Hold trigger, run straight, get kills. It’s that simple.

BR still dominates the AR. ~DOMINATES~

The AR is the most iconic weapon in Halo. Well, BR too, but still, let it breathe for once.

> 2533274816871875;4:
> > 2533274802430675;2:
> > the assault rifle should be useless?? now that makes sense! the effective range could be toned down a bit… thats about all… it needs to have power behind it… its an ASSAULT RIFLE…
>
>
> Exactly, I’ve always hated the weapon. Hell, I wouldn’t even mind if it wasn’t in the game altogether. Hold trigger, run straight, get kills. It’s that simple.

Good grief no.

> 2533274857164864;6:
> The AR is the most iconic weapon in Halo. Well, BR too, but still, let it breathe for once.

Maybe it’s just me, but with the killcam, I can see what the other player does when he killed me. When they use the assault rifle, they just go full auto and let the aim assist do the work. It’s too easy.

Jeez if it kills you once it needs to be nerfed, yes the range and some of the damage should be nerf but it should be useful instead of useless.

> 2533274816871875;4:
> > 2533274802430675;2:
> > the assault rifle should be useless?? now that makes sense! the effective range could be toned down a bit… thats about all… it needs to have power behind it… its an ASSAULT RIFLE…
>
>
> Exactly, I’ve always hated the weapon. Hell, I wouldn’t even mind if it wasn’t in the game altogether. Hold trigger, run straight, get kills. It’s that simple.

Hmm… Never experienced that. The only time I get mowed down is when I make a mistake. Even then, thrusters get you out of trouble often.

> 2533274816871875;8:
> > 2533274857164864;6:
> > The AR is the most iconic weapon in Halo. Well, BR too, but still, let it breathe for once.
>
>
> Maybe it’s just me, but with the killcam, I can see what the other player does when he killed me. When they use the assault rifle, they just go full auto and let the aim assist do the work. It’s too easy.

I do wish the auto aim was toned down. Same with the H2A br.

Maybe I should point out that I only play competitive playlists of Halo and occasionally BTB. I don’t play the playlists with all the random weapons and AR start because I don’t enjoy it. I used to like them, but I’m not in 8th grade anymore.

> 2533274816871875;12:
> Maybe I should point out that I only play competitive playlists of Halo and occasionally BTB. I don’t play the playlists with all the random weapons and AR start because I don’t enjoy it. I used to like them, but I’m not in 8th grade anymore.

You are way too bad -Yoink- for me. I’m outta here!!!

right nerf everything but buff the br thats the only weapon we need

> 2533274806462140;14:
> right nerf everything but buff the br thats the only weapon we need

Now you’re on the right track!

OP is right AR is god tier right now, it will beat out any precision weapon within 10 feet, barring the player doesn’t get a perfect 4 shot. Kill time should be on par with a 5/6 shot BR kill. I.e. the player with the BR should be able to miss a shot and still be able to kill, or miss two and still be able to trade (a 3 round burst is counted as 1 shot) assuming the AR user has perfect aim. Also they should get rid of the AR’s scope or at least make it so the cross-hair doesn’t shrink when one scopes in with it.

> 2533274901702634;16:
> OP is right AR is god tier right now, it will beat out any precision weapon within 10 feet, barring the player doesn’t get a perfect 4 shot. Kill time should be on par with a 5/6 shot BR kill. I.e. the player with the BR should be able to miss a shot and still be able to kill, or miss two and still be able to trade (a 3 round burst is counted as 1 shot) assuming the AR user has perfect aim. Also they should get rid of the AR’s scope or at least make it so the cross-hair doesn’t shrink when one scopes in with it.

A literal bullet hose should put out rounds at the same rate as a single shot dmr and a burst fire BR?

No… just… no. The idea is to force those 2 weapons (dmr and br) into the roles they were designed for. Mid to long range combat. An assault rifle SHOULD beat both of those weapons handily if the players are within 10 feet of each other. Simply by virtue that it can shoot faster than you can. That’s kind of the point. Otherwise this nerf would have to apply to the SMG as well, essentially making both weapons pointless.

> 2594931213871764;17:
> > 2533274901702634;16:
> > OP is right AR is god tier right now, it will beat out any precision weapon within 10 feet, barring the player doesn’t get a perfect 4 shot. Kill time should be on par with a 5/6 shot BR kill. I.e. the player with the BR should be able to miss a shot and still be able to kill, or miss two and still be able to trade (a 3 round burst is counted as 1 shot) assuming the AR user has perfect aim. Also they should get rid of the AR’s scope or at least make it so the cross-hair doesn’t shrink when one scopes in with it.
>
>
> A literal bullet hose should put out rounds at the same rate as a single shot dmr and a burst fire BR?
>
> No… just… no. The idea is to force those 2 weapons (dmr and br) into the roles they were designed for. Mid to long range combat. An assault rifle SHOULD beat both of those weapons handily if the players are within 10 feet of each other. Simply by virtue that it can shoot faster than you can. That’s kind of the point. Otherwise this nerf would have to apply to the SMG as well, essentially making both weapons pointless.

You realize what you’re suggesting would diminish the shrinking skill gap even further. All this would do is make the game more “noob” friendly as is exactly what 343 tried to do with H4, and we all know how that worked out. Lets look at halo 2, halo 3, hell even reach; games vastly more popular than halo 4 where the precision weapons dominated at all times, and look at how successful those games were comparatively. AR needs nerf end of story.

> 2533274816871875;1:
> The Assault Rifle needs to be useless, or at least a hell of a lot weaker than it is now. It’s easy to use and kills extremely quick. Nerf the damage. Albeit, once the game comes out, I’ll never play the basic TS playlist because of the AR start and all the people playing with their controllers upside down.
>
> The melee range is kinda odd. In Halo 2 Anniversary, the melee range was perfect. Stick to that. Melee should not be a last resort panic move used by people who aren’t capable of using their weapon.
>
> Grenades are too powerful. The blast radius and damage need to be nerfed.
>
> All in all, the game makes killing others too simple. It’s a great game, just seems too easy for people who don’t know what they’re doing to kill people who do know what they’re doing. My two cents.
>
> Also, sprint and the armor abilities isn’t too annoying in this game. Flinch gotta go doe.

Totally agree the assault rifle and smg need to be useless it should be battle rifles only

> 2533274816871875;15:
> > 2533274806462140;14:
> > right nerf everything but buff the br thats the only weapon we need
>
>
> Now you’re on the right track!

That would be great