Nerf The Banshee To Oblivion!

I just watched my friend play some of Reach’s ‘Invasion’ mode. It was probably the worst match of Halo i’ve ever witnessed. It was the final stage of the round when this…monster… Skyjacked a Banshee. Just as the core was only a few meters from the drop-off zone, the slaughter began. He fired his fuel rod bombs, mass murder soon followed. He kept rolling to the side and firing, rolling to the side and firing, and so on. He was practically invincible. Twenty kills in four minutes. The Plasma Launcher’s rounds couldn’t get to him, Rocket Launcher lock-ons, nothing. Not even the grenade launcher’s EMP blast could get to him in time.

This can’t happen in Halo 4

As shocking as it sounds, maybe you could have…oh I don’t know, started shooting the damn thing down with your DMR?

im sure the banshee will be much more limited in halo 4. its physics were way to fast in halo reach

The Halo Reach banshee is actually pretty balanced. The only thing I could think of that should be limited is the RoF of the banshee-bombs, but only slightly.

Gamesager will find a way to kill you with a Banshee (even a nerfed one). He always does.

The problem is the Banshee bomb. Either nerf the blast radius, make it only usable after lock-on (ie only on vehicles) or remove the bomb from the Banshee. The second problem is the flips, I don’t like how much they nerfed the flips in Halo 4 back to the pointless flips from Halo 3. The flips were fine in Reach, the problem was that it didn’t drain your boost meter, which it should.

> As shocking as it sounds, maybe you could have…oh I don’t know, started shooting the damn thing down with your DMR?

It was Elites vs the Banshee. Needle Rifles and Plasma Repeaters don’t exactly deal as much damage to vehicles as a full DMR mag or a Sniper Rifle.

> > As shocking as it sounds, maybe you could have…oh I don’t know, started shooting the damn thing down with your DMR?
>
> It was Elites vs the Banshee. Needle Rifles and Plasma Repeaters don’t exactly deal as much damage to vehicles as a full DMR mag or a Sniper Rifle.

I’m just going to quote a few things you said in the OP.

> Rocket Launcher lock-ons, nothing. Not even the grenade launcher’s EMP blast could get to him in time.

Now call me cynical, but there aren’t exactly a lot of grenade launchers for Elites in Invasion.

My wishes for the banshee
-More powerful plasma cannons
-Longer recharge on the banshee bomb
-Make flips drain the boost meter

This would actually encourage the use of the plasma cannons, and it would limit its mobility while still keeping it powerful.

> The Halo Reach banshee is actually pretty balanced. The only thing I could think of that should be limited is the RoF of the banshee-bombs, but only slightly.

More like the blast radius. The FRG is supposed to be a Vehicle role and the Plasma Cannons are for Infantry. That thing has the blast radius between a Rocket and a Tank, and since it’s a fast moving air Vehicle (That flips OVER and OVER again) it’s pretty overpowered.

> > As shocking as it sounds, maybe you could have…oh I don’t know, started shooting the damn thing down with your DMR?
>
> It was Elites vs the Banshee. Needle Rifles and Plasma Repeaters don’t exactly deal as much damage to vehicles as a full DMR mag or a Sniper Rifle.

Unfortunately Bungie designed it so that it would be equal for both sides, but as soon as the Spartans get the Banshee, it’s over. If you steal a Spartan vehicle… well Spartans in BTB use Spartan weapons, meaning Bungie had to make them work against it.

All they have to do is make it like it was in halo 2 but make it more agile. Honestly the banshee bomb removes all skill involved with using the banshee that used to exist. It was cool to finally see it in multiplayer in halo 3 but it should of remained a campaign only thing.

> > > As shocking as it sounds, maybe you could have…oh I don’t know, started shooting the damn thing down with your DMR?
> >
> > It was Elites vs the Banshee. Needle Rifles and Plasma Repeaters don’t exactly deal as much damage to vehicles as a full DMR mag or a Sniper Rifle.
>
> I’m just going to quote a few things you said in the OP.
>
> > Rocket Launcher lock-ons, nothing. Not even the grenade launcher’s EMP blast could get to him in time.
>
> Now call me cynical, but there aren’t exactly a lot of grenade launchers for Elites in Invasion.

Ever heard of picking up ordnance from the ground? I for one love using the Grenade Launcher in Invasion, it’s extremely useful.

> > > As shocking as it sounds, maybe you could have…oh I don’t know, started shooting the damn thing down with your DMR?
> >
> > It was Elites vs the Banshee. Needle Rifles and Plasma Repeaters don’t exactly deal as much damage to vehicles as a full DMR mag or a Sniper Rifle.
>
> Unfortunately Bungie designed it so that it would be equal for both sides, but as soon as the Spartans get the Banshee, it’s over. If you steal a Spartan vehicle… well Spartans in BTB use Spartan weapons, meaning Bungie had to make them work against it.

Definitely one of Bungie’s bigger mistakes with Reach IMO.

> All they have to do is make it like it was in halo 2 but make it more agile. Honestly the banshee bomb removes all skill involved with using the banshee that used to exist. It was cool to finally see it in multiplayer in halo 3 but it should of remained a campaign only thing.

The Banshee Bomb was actually pretty hard to use in Halo 3. I guess that’s why it’s easier with Reach.

Not oblivion. Just Halo 3 would be fine thanks. Banshee was very well balanced in that game.

> > > > As shocking as it sounds, maybe you could have…oh I don’t know, started shooting the damn thing down with your DMR?
> > >
> > > It was Elites vs the Banshee. Needle Rifles and Plasma Repeaters don’t exactly deal as much damage to vehicles as a full DMR mag or a Sniper Rifle.
> >
> > I’m just going to quote a few things you said in the OP.
> >
> > > Rocket Launcher lock-ons, nothing. Not even the grenade launcher’s EMP blast could get to him in time.
> >
> > Now call me cynical, but there aren’t exactly a lot of grenade launchers for Elites in Invasion.
>
> Ever heard of picking up ordnance from the ground? I for one love using the Grenade Launcher in Invasion, it’s extremely useful.

You could’ve always picked up a DMR. They’re definitely easier to find than Rockets.

> As shocking as it sounds, maybe you could have…oh I don’t know, started shooting the damn thing down with your DMR?

He’s asking for the banshee NOT to be so dam crazy in Halo 4.

The extreme lack of good anti vehicle (anti banshee) weapons combined with the extremely powerful banshee bomb that also has a great blast radios, on a fast and agile vehicle that can flip like crazy. How could that ever go wrong? (heavy sarcasm)
Back in Halo 3, at lest 1 Spartan Laser were default on a map with banshee, as well as the missile pod that locked on faster and had faster missiles then Rocket/plasma launcher in Reach. Not to mention the limited damage and blast radios of the banshee bomb, as well as mobility of the vehicle in Halo 3.

A good Banshee driver could still rack up kills, but it took skill as well as teamplay to do it, since you had to control the laser and most vehicles and/or missile pod. It could kill and banshee bomb did ruin vehicles, but was not quite so effective against infantry…
Well, I hope they bring back good (and plenty) anti vehicle weapons as well as balance the vehicles better over all.
I also hope that they limit the damage “normal” weapons do to vehicles, a burning vehicle should be able to bring down with standard weapons, but reducing a new one to shreds with a few DMR/sniper bullets is just bad gameplay. Homefront got the balance perfectly imo, air vehicles weren’t OP, standard weapons did just enough damage to be usable but still not a serious threat as they are in Reach :slight_smile:

OH as shocking as it sounds, maybe they CANT SPAWN WITH ONE and the Needle bullets bounce off the banshee as it flips

and considering players can flip to consecutively and the speed of so is to fast compared to any vehicular speed rate they would have a hard time to begin with let alone autos have almost no effect on it to begin with.

my opinion reduce the flip speed
reduce how often it can be done
make it eat away the boost meter
nerf the banshee bomb by radius and damage

• set damage low so players only die by grenade distance which is still better than a grenade might I add
    and other distance has low damage

• set ALL vehicles to have a weakness to B bombs

fixing the ratio status among players

end of story