Nerf Grendes.

I am just wondering why Grenades were not I don’t know, weakened in the title update? They weren’t as bad in Halo 3 because you could actually take more then 3 body shots. I Strongly dislike that in order to survive against the over powered grenades the only alternative is basically armor lock or jet pack, and unfortunately I hate both of them. Are there EVER going to be ANY plans to weaken grenades? And while I am asking, is there a plan for spartans to be able to take more then 3 bullets from anything while the shield is broken? I mean it Would help.

Grenades are fine . Just don’t stand on top of them .

Yeah I know that, but its a different story when 4 are being hurled at you at the same time. Dodging one isn’t that difficult, dodging 4 when you can barely eat 1 is the problem. I prefer no Grenade on spawn honestly.

Try 150 damage reduction and 125 damage. You get nerfed grenades and 4sk DMR/pistol with the TU

I know, I enjoy The TU the hell of a lot more then the vanilla settings. Yet, I learned why Reticule bloom helps out a bit. Whenever I play against a semi-smart team they know they can win just by spamming shots with the DMR and not even aiming. So I am wondering if there should be a minor damage penalty for body shots.

If the TU is going to be the standard that has buffed the DMR and melee then grenades need to stay the way they are to keep up.

I still can’t figure out why the TU didn’t come with a boost to movement speed. That would mitigate the grenade damage and help balance the ZB DMR. Just another piece of evidence that the TU is only half-baked.

> I still can’t figure out why the TU didn’t come with a boost to movement speed. That would mitigate the grenade damage and help balance the ZB DMR. Just another piece of evidence that the TU is only half-baked.

The game was always half baked.

Now the game is a little less so.

> The game was always half baked.
>
> Now the game is a little less so.

Balance has gotten a lot worse in TU. Sandbox is looking pretty lopsided.
Not hard to fix, but we’ll see if they bother.

> > The game was always half baked.
> >
> > Now the game is a little less so.
>
> Balance has gotten a lot worse in TU. Sandbox is looking pretty lopsided.
> Not hard to fix, but we’ll see if they bother.

It has always been lopsided. Just give us 110% Damage Resistance and better movement.

> It has always been lopsided. Just give us 110% Damage Resistance and better movement.

I think you’re pretty well right, although I think the non-precision weapons should get a little accuracy buff to extend their range slightly. That would make the AR easier to use skillfully instead of relegating it to the range where you can just spray-and-pray your way to a kill.

> > It has always been lopsided. Just give us 110% Damage Resistance and better movement.
>
> I think you’re pretty well right, although I think the non-precision weapons should get a little accuracy buff to extend their range slightly. That would make the AR easier to use skillfully instead of relegating it to the range where you can just spray-and-pray your way to a kill.

Halo isn’t a game where you can spray and pray automatic weapons. Maybe if they had a huge damage buff or larger ammo clips, but you really can’t. You basically need to pace your shots with the AR to get kills outside short range.

Maybe in SWAT (no shields) gametype could the AR be sprayed, but I doubt that. Although, feel free to try and tell me the results. Would be interesting.

> Halo isn’t a game where you can spray and pray automatic weapons. Maybe if they had a huge damage buff or larger ammo clips, but you really can’t. You basically need to pace your shots with the AR to get kills outside short range.

It’s a common occurrence. At the range the AR needs to be paced, other guns outclass it. The only range it really works at is just outside of melee range. I mean, I can get kills with it at medium range, but only if my opponent has an AR as well or they’re not as good as me.

i advocate 110 damage resistance to help with the potency of grenades.

and yes, they ARE a problem. how is it NOT a problem that the grenukes in this game explode instantly and take virtually zero skill to use because of their large blast radius and the aforementioned hyper-fast fuse time?

> > > It has always been lopsided. Just give us 110% Damage Resistance and better movement.
> >
> > I think you’re pretty well right, although I think the non-precision weapons should get a little accuracy buff to extend their range slightly. That would make the AR easier to use skillfully instead of relegating it to the range where you can just spray-and-pray your way to a kill.
>
> Halo isn’t a game where you can spray and pray automatic weapons. Maybe if they had a huge damage buff or larger ammo clips, but you really can’t. You basically need to pace your shots with the AR to get kills outside short range.
>
> Maybe in SWAT (no shields) gametype could the AR be sprayed, but I doubt that. Although, feel free to try and tell me the results. Would be interesting.

erm. more like:

halo isnt a game where you should be using the AR… ever?

> > > It has always been lopsided. Just give us 110% Damage Resistance and better movement.
> >
> > I think you’re pretty well right, although I think the non-precision weapons should get a little accuracy buff to extend their range slightly. That would make the AR easier to use skillfully instead of relegating it to the range where you can just spray-and-pray your way to a kill.
>
>
> Maybe in SWAT (no shields) gametype could the AR be sprayed, but I doubt that. Although, feel free to try and tell me the results. Would be interesting.

No shields, immune to headshots. Spray and Pray could be the name of the gametype.

> i advocate 110 damage resistance to help with the potency of grenades.
>
> and yes, they ARE a problem. how is it NOT a problem that the grenukes in this game explode instantly and take virtually zero skill to use because of their large blast radius and the aforementioned hyper-fast fuse time?
>
> > > > It has always been lopsided. Just give us 110% Damage Resistance and better movement.
> > >
> > > I think you’re pretty well right, although I think the non-precision weapons should get a little accuracy buff to extend their range slightly. That would make the AR easier to use skillfully instead of relegating it to the range where you can just spray-and-pray your way to a kill.
> >
> > Halo isn’t a game where you can spray and pray automatic weapons. Maybe if they had a huge damage buff or larger ammo clips, but you really can’t. You basically need to pace your shots with the AR to get kills outside short range.
> >
> > Maybe in SWAT (no shields) gametype could the AR be sprayed, but I doubt that. Although, feel free to try and tell me the results. Would be interesting.
>
> erm. more like:
>
> halo isnt a game where you should be using the AR… ever?

There are settings that play really well. I’m gonna advocate them every chance I get.

150 resist. 125 damage. 100 melee. 4sk DMR/pistol. Frags nonlethal at close range. Plasma are lethal at close. Use with TU.

> halo isnt a game where you should be using the AR… ever?

Does that make sense to you? I mean, having weapons that are completely useless. In my mind, every gun should serve a purpose, or not be there. The lack of usefulness of some guns is what leads me to believe the sandbox is unbalanced. Personally, I’d prefer if every gun had the capacity to be effective under the right circumstances instead of starting the game essentially unarmed…

> henever I play against a semi-smart team they know they can win just by spamming shots with the DMR and not even aiming.

while i agree that nades are OP’d, if you think it takes no skill to shoot with the DMR with TU or ZB, you have no brain

> It’s a common occurrence. At the range the AR needs to be paced, other guns outclass it. The only range it really works at is just outside of melee range. I mean, I can get kills with it at medium range, but only if my opponent has an AR as well or they’re not as good as me.

Well yes, that kinda is the point. The AR is a utility weapon, so it’s average at all ranges. You fall back on it when you’re outside the range of your other weapon. You wouldn’t use the AR at medium range with a Needler, or at close range with a Repeater (of course, all of those weapons get outclassed at all ranges by the DMR).

Funny, I was literally thinking of that video when I was talking about AR pacing.

> No shields, immune to headshots. Spray and Pray could be the name of the gametype.

Well, if it’s ARs only then immunity to headshots doesn’t really need to be on.
Anyways, I wouldn’t call it “Spray and Pray”, I’d called it SWATTAR!

> > halo isnt a game where you should be using the AR… ever?
>
> Does that make sense to you? I mean, having weapons that are completely useless. In my mind, every gun should serve a purpose, or not be there. The lack of usefulness of some guns is what leads me to believe the sandbox is unbalanced. Personally, I’d prefer if every gun had the capacity to be effective under the right circumstances instead of starting the game essentially unarmed…

no. im actually a strong advocator of an AR that isnt worthless.