Neil Davidge and the Halo 4 soundtrack...

So I just finished listening to the halo 4 sample soundtrack
Halo 4 sample music track

I like Davidge’s composition here but it just doesn’t feel like Halo to me(other than the drum beat). No offence to Davidge, but Marty spent 10 years with Halo and knows what it should sound like better than anyone.

Sounds more like halo music that Reach’s so it obviously wouldn’t matter if it was made by Marty or not.

I Love the new sound, I like the new direction the they are taking. It has a more heroic and Cinematic feel when compared to the other games(Although reach tried this with some success, EG Long Night of Solace and Tip of the Spear). I hope that Davidge will do the Halo 2 Anniversary soundtrack(IF there is an anniversary edition of Halo 2 that is). The Halo soundtrack is in very good hands as far as I’m concerned.

Halo music just has to be music with “Hope, and the ability to make you believe.” Thats all to be said.

PS: That and it needs piano/ light gaiter* and be very simple but dramatic.

Keep in mind that this is only a small taste of the music.
While it is different from what we’re used to, I think one of the 343 guys put it best: “It’s not a revolution, it’s an evolution”.

They’re taking the best aspects of O’Donell’s brilliance and applying it to something newer, more cinematic, and more futuristic.