Negativity surrounding Halo 4

Just about every time I come on these forums to see what the community has to say, there is always at least one topic on each page about how Halo 4 is a failure. Though I do not believe myself that Halo 4 is the best game in the series, I do however believe that it is not a failure.

343i is a company that’s only new to the industry (so to speak) and given that they are carrying on the series from another developer it’s understandable that they weren’t going to get everything right the first time (no one ever does) and I believe they did a good job with Halo 4 (though not perfect it’s still a great game).

People need to start pointing out all the positive things about Halo 4 rather than pointing out the negatives. If you truly believe that the game is a failure on 343i’s part then don’t play it and let the people who appreciate enjoy themselves.

I urge the community to please use their complaints as constructive criticism rather than coming onto the forums and taking swings at 343i about Halo 4.

On that note is anyone else excited about what’s in store for Halo 5?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Why does this forum need to be constant back-patting? Why can’t players voice their opinions?

>

Players are more than welcome to voice their opinion in a constructive manner, no matter what their opinion is. You know this, and have contributed your opinion on multiple occasions to no ill effect.

It’s when their ‘opinion’ equates to “lelz dis game is -Yoink-. 343 needs fired (and in some cases, I’ve seen more violent ideas). They can’t do -Yoink- right, lelz”, and basically violates any number of the forum rules action is taken.

> 343i is a company that’s only new to the industry (so to speak) and given that they are carrying on the series from another developer it’s understandable that they weren’t going to get everything right the first time (no one ever does) and I believe they did a good job with Halo 4 (though not perfect it’s still a great game).

The “argument” that it’s their first game holds no water. It doesn’t matter if it’s their first or tenth game. I really doubt that it was anyone’s first game that was on board making the game either. Didn’t they proudly present how many people with years of game making experience they got?

The funny thing is that they could have done so much more right than they managed to do wrong. No one makes everything right, but doing this much wrong isn’t good.

Still though, a lot was outsourced.

> Just about every time I come on these forums to see what the community has to say, there is always at least one topic on each page about how Halo 4 is a failure. Though I do not believe myself that Halo 4 is the best game in the series, I do however believe that it is not a failure.
>
> 343i is a company that’s only new to the industry (so to speak) and given that they are carrying on the series from another developer it’s understandable that they weren’t going to get everything right the first time (no one ever does) and I believe they did a good job with Halo 4 (though not perfect it’s still a great game).
>
> <mark>People need to start pointing out all the positive things about Halo 4 rather than pointing out the negatives. If you truly believe that the game is a failure on 343i’s part then don’t play it and let the people who appreciate enjoy themselves</mark>.
>
> On that note is anyone else excited about what’s in store for Halo 5?

I agree there’s a lot more positive in this game than negative and the forums present a skewed imbalanced picture of this for some reason.

However, some constructive criticism is also a good thing, as it enables 343i to engage with the community and see what they don’t like, (in addition to what the do like).

I’m pretty sure some of the positive changes that Bravo and the rest of the team have made are down to constructive critism they have seen on these forums.

Anyway, as far as I’m concerned they’ve done a great job on their first Halo game and I’m looking forward to Halo 5 :slight_smile:

> > Just about every time I come on these forums to see what the community has to say, there is always at least one topic on each page about how Halo 4 is a failure. Though I do not believe myself that Halo 4 is the best game in the series, I do however believe that it is not a failure.
> >
> > 343i is a company that’s only new to the industry (so to speak) and given that they are carrying on the series from another developer it’s understandable that they weren’t going to get everything right the first time (no one ever does) and I believe they did a good job with Halo 4 (though not perfect it’s still a great game).
> >
> > <mark>People need to start pointing out all the positive things about Halo 4 rather than pointing out the negatives. If you truly believe that the game is a failure on 343i’s part then don’t play it and let the people who appreciate enjoy themselves</mark>.
> >
> > On that note is anyone else excited about what’s in store for Halo 5?
>
> I agree there’s a lot more positive in this game than negative and the forums present a skewed imbalanced picture of this for some reason.
>
> However, some constructive criticism is also a good thing, as it enables 343i to engage with the community and see what they don’t like, (in addition to what the do like).
>
> I’m pretty sure some of the positive changes that Bravo and the rest of the team have made are down to constructive critism they have seen on these forums.
>
> Anyway, as far as I’m concerned they’ve done a great job on their first Halo game and I’m looking forward to Halo 5 :slight_smile:

The way I see it, if people arn’t complaining about it, 343 did it right.

Haters are gonna hate, nothing can be done.

> Just about every time I come on these forums to see what the community has to say, there is always at least one topic on each page about how Halo 4 is a failure. Though I do not believe myself that Halo 4 is the best game in the series, I do however believe that it is not a failure.
>
> <mark>343i is a company that’s only new to the industry</mark> (so to speak) and given that they are carrying on the series from another developer it’s understandable that they weren’t going to get everything right the first time (no one ever does) and I believe they did a good job with Halo 4 (though not perfect it’s still a great game).
>
> People need to start pointing out all the positive things about Halo 4 rather than pointing out the negatives. If you truly believe that the game is a failure on 343i’s part then don’t play it and let the people who appreciate enjoy themselves.
>

If you stick around more times you will see some posts where players point out the problem and try to give some solutions.

Sorry but i don´t believe in that because they had more than enough time to make a decent Halo game.

No matter the game in forums will ever have some posts about the game and some players will say how bad it is, but this game have so much bad things that all we can see is the same posts over and over again. only shows how poorly this game and just try to show who created this bad and offer some solutions.

> I agree there’s a lot more positive in this game than negative and the forums present a skewed imbalanced picture of this for some reason.
>
> However, some constructive criticism is also a good thing, <mark>as it enables 343i to engage with the community and see what they don’t like, (in addition to what the do like).</mark>
>
> I’m pretty sure some of the positive changes that Bravo and the rest of the team have made are down to constructive critism they have seen on these forums.
>
> Anyway, as far as I’m concerned they’ve done a great job on their first Halo game and I’m looking forward to Halo 5 :slight_smile:

The problem is, they either don’t do this, or they haven’t done this yet. I’m with OP. This game could be better, but it is still a great game. But, IT COULD BE BETTER… The game’s been out since November and the only thing 343 did that directly catered to what the majority of the community wanted was when they added Grifball to MM. That’s about it.

The thing is, it doesn’t matter how many games you have made in the past as a developer, seven months is more than enough time to fix the bad or not-good-enough things about the game, yet they still haven’t done it. They’re talking about a big weapons damage balance update… that’s coming NEXT month. Two noticeable community-geared changes in 2/3 of a year is not good enough, I don’t care how many games the team has up its sleeve. It’s a team… of hundreds of people… a lot FROM Bungie. There’s no reason to make the community wait this long for things they want in the game.

> > I agree there’s a lot more positive in this game than negative and the forums present a skewed imbalanced picture of this for some reason.
> >
> > However, some constructive criticism is also a good thing, <mark>as it enables 343i to engage with the community and see what they don’t like, (in addition to what the do like).</mark>
> >
> > I’m pretty sure some of the positive changes that Bravo and the rest of the team have made are down to constructive critism they have seen on these forums.
> >
> > Anyway, as far as I’m concerned they’ve done a great job on their first Halo game and I’m looking forward to Halo 5 :slight_smile:
>
> The problem is, they either don’t do this, or they haven’t done this yet. I’m with OP. This game could be better, but it is still a great game. But, IT COULD BE BETTER… The game’s been out since November and the only thing 343 did that directly catered to what the majority of the community wanted was when they added Grifball to MM. That’s about it.
>
> The thing is, it doesn’t matter how many games you have made in the past as a developer, seven months is more than enough time to fix the bad or not-good-enough things about the game, yet they still haven’t done it. They’re talking about a big weapons damage balance update… that’s coming NEXT month. Two noticeable community-geared changes in 2/3 of a year is not good enough, I don’t care how many games the team has up its sleeve. It’s a team… of hundreds of people… a lot FROM Bungie. There’s no reason to make the community wait this long for things they want in the game.

So, a patch that fixed a wall glitch that made(at least) 2 gametypes unplayable on a couple of maps, more maps in less time and a bolt shot nerf don’t count?

Not saying they are perfect, but at least they are working. I’d also much rather have the tweaks come out in a reasonable time, instead of it being rushed and having to deal with alot of different unbalanced gameplay until they get it right. :confused:

Pretty much the only threads on the forums are SCRW U 343, THE DMRZ RUINZ MATCHMAKINGZ, I WANTZ HORNETZ BACKZ, THAR BOLTSHOTZ AREZ THE WURSTZ GUNZ IN TEH GAMEZ.

Now, because of all the negativity, 343 has to spend its time banning flamers and locking threads instead of working with the community. It’s a shame, one flame lights the torch of a thousand others. Halo 4, IMO, is a master piece that proved a freshly built company that they were more than capable of continuing an enormous franchise. And now, with everyone freaking out, they have to babysit all of the immature flamers instead of improving the game. And improving the game is already hard enough with Microsoft’s ridiculous policies about everything, acting like children is not going to get an answer from 343, but being constructive about it is.

Not exactly looking forward to a Halo 5 myself. We, or rather I. Pretty much got an fair idea as to what the Campaign will be about, and based on previous Halo,s the Campaigns will be just as short, if not shorter than previous Halo games as the gaming industry focuses more, and more on online matchmaking, DLC, Sp Ops.
Dont get me wrong. I liked H4, but with Sp Ops campaigns being online only it takes away from us Campaign playing minorities.
Especially when we loose net services. Which is often these days.
All that being said. I for one will be doing a lot more research before ever buying another game for any platform. If campaigns continue to be short, or extended to online only. Then I cant justify buying/owning them.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter, that’s what it’s there for, no need to self censor.

>
> People need to start pointing out all the positive things about Halo 4 rather than pointing out the negatives. If you truly believe that the game is a failure on 343i’s part then don’t play it and let the people who appreciate enjoy themselves.
>

This isn’t their first game, though. They made Halo CEA, also, some of the employee’s are from Bungie who made the past Halo games, and also have bragged to say they are long halo fans, so there’s no excuses.

Another thing, being a gamer and all, it’s pretty tiring for companies to say 'Oh, we’ve fcked this small thing up here, no worries, we’ll fix it next time, in the next game.’ They need to fix their sht and fix it in this!

On another note, there has been ‘some’ positives, BR’s back, nice forge world, but it doesn’t compensate for the bad new maps, removal of UNSC air vehicles, OP DMR(thanks 343i for finally starting to do weapons altering!), Spartan armour’s high detail but tiny scale, bad thruster pack, lack of custom games settings, flood- you get the point. Maybe people will begin to say positives, but we can’t ignore the errors. We payed for the game, they claim they listen, we are the fans and they are the makers.

I don’t care about Halo 5 right now, I want them to fix this before attempting to wreck another piece of the trilogy.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
>
>
> *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> Why does this forum need to be constant back-patting? Why can’t players voice their opinions?

lol the mods are kinda harsh. All you said was that people were allowed to voice their opinion and then you got censored! Its the little things in life

>
> <mark>343i is a company that’s only new to the industry</mark> (so to speak) and given that they are carrying on the series from another developer it’s understandable that they weren’t going to get everything right the first time (no one ever does) and I believe they did a good job with Halo 4 (though not perfect it’s still a great game).
>
>

<mark>We were watching a gameplay of H4 a week before launch here in Finland. Here the “finnish part” of 343 said 343 has many developers and creators who were in Bungie too. So the name 343 may be new but the team actually isn’t only a group of “new to halo” people. Or did they lie?</mark>

Why on earth should I only point out positive things of H4? Because I don’t want to make anyone feel bad or what? I rather say what I honestly think, not lies.

I have allready quit playing this game. I just come here regularly to see if the uppdates have been implemented and the game FINALLY improved.

Halo 4 is a bad game

Criticism is productive and can lead to positive changes for the franchise. If there are things you like about the game be sure to state them; but, if the fans ignore the games shortfalls, they will be repeated.

>
>
>

I view the game as a failure for a few reasons, and these are not subjective reasons here either.

• Over 8,000,000 copies sold to date but can barely achieve 30-40k population.
  • Initial peak population of over 410,000 players and then you see a steady decline of population; losing over 80% of their players.
  • 343i’s lack of communication which lead to no Beta or any real tests by real Halo fans, which also lead to 3 title updates so far? And also shipping an unfinished game riddled with bugs.

Those above points are the reason why I believe 343i failed the Halo test for Halo 4, but that said, I still like this game, it’s just no where near as fun as the previous games.

How will anything improve if all we do is point out the positives? If I say “Great job on the dynamic lighting, 343i” while there’s people active-camo boltshotting each other and whatnot, I’m ignoring the things that make the game worse. As a community, by bringing up the negative stuff, we’re helping to make the game better because it’s direct feedback. I get that some people are more rude than they should be, but they’re probably just fed up with 343i’s incompetence, and that’s understandable.

So how about this. We tell 343i to take a good, hard look at the population, and decide whether or not they want to drive this franchise into the ground. If so, they’re doing an excellent job so far. If not, Halo 5 better be exactly what the general consensus wants. And hopefully they hire people who actually like Halo instead of people who hate it and want to change it.

yep. I understand why people hate halo 4 and 343 for making lots of changes to halo but alot of them are positive. granted ordinance and jip and certain loadout options need to go away but so many things they did deserve to be praised.

I am sad to see so many here be 100% negative and not even see how halo 4 is a pretty stellar overall package.

With all the playlists and added maps and sandbox fixes and csr and more 4 is becoming a truely great halo game, despite the vitriol so many spew.

>

Ok… I haven’t played in over a month. Sooo, did the game get much better? Please explain how not playing the game is benefiting anyone? If anything I’d rather play against people who know more strengths and weaknesses of the game and play to the limit… However its that crowd of people that are feeling disenfranchised.

Not only do these people feel like they have restricted places to play but also restricted limitations on where they can voice their opinions. Granted I stand by the forum rules for the purpose of simple communication without heated words to complicate the process. I however do believe naming issues and clearly discussing what issues are more problematic is very important in helping developers prioritize what problem issues should be addressed first.

Feelings shouldn’t get in the way of solutions. That’s the best reason to be calm and coolheaded when forming posts.