Needs to go back to the Halo 2 rank per wins.

Ever since games like call of duty… games have become all about ME and MY KILLS and MY EFFING SNIPER RIFLE ILL KILL YOU FOR IT!

So teamwork does not even matter. Why hurry up and capture the flag? when you can get more points for more kills? why even put on a microphone? I don’t want people stealing my kills.

Well… back in the glory days of halo 2… it was not like that. You ranked up based on winning games a certain ammount of times in a row. So you had to use TEAMWORK and god dang MICROPHONES to capture the flags or plant the bomb. Almost everyone had a microphone in halo 2. I don’t even remember party chat existing.

Imagine that? people actually using the warthog to transport the bomb, instead of riding off with it to grab a power weapon before anyone else does.

Oh look! your team mate wont kill you if you pick up the sniper!

SO I SAY! do it for future generations of gaming! get rid of the lone-wolf elietist mentality! force team work!

This is why I play with my friends in the same team.

We play with the same tactics, use teamwork and all that good stuff.

However, it’s incredebly hard to find random people on your team who actually use teamwork.

Surely there will always be selfish people, no matter how you rank them or what incentives you dangle in front of them? If kills alone are important to a player, I can’t see what you can do to stop them being selfish, other than teaming up with people that share your enthusiasm for team work, in which case you don’t have to worry about K/D obsessed players.

I would prefer it if there is a system that encourages team work, but it wouldn’t eradicate selfish players.

Id rather have me XP system so I can rank up myself, and unlock my light weight perk, which helps me run away faster, and doubles my jet pack ability. Then I can unlock my Plasma secondary and shoot from the sky, getting my kills so I can get to Inheritor quickly. Ranked kids just want to boost to 50 and use their BR all the time and cant adapt.

I have been saying this for a while now. Halo 2’s style of ranking should be brought back. Having an ELO based system is better than TruSkill. I don’t ever remember boosting or deranking in as a problem in Halo 2 as you still had to win a lot of games in order to get to a 40 and then it just got crazy hard.

I’d rather have both: One where I unlock my stuff just for playing the game right(and if rewarded correctly, I should be able to get it faster if I were to play well), and another where I just rank up based on my skill.

However, I doubt Frankie wants to go back to Halo 2, since boosting is just as effective, except it will take much longer. I’m guessing he wants to steer away from that method and create something that would actually be better for competitive players to work on, without entirely relying on trueskill.

That’s just my two cents on the matter. All I want really is something that will keep players much higher and much lower in skill away from my games. One end is frustrating, and the other is boring.

Except Halo 2’s system had the most cheating of all the systems put together…

> Except Halo 2’s system had the most cheating of all the systems put together…

Why do people refuse to accept the fact that cheating has NOTHING to do with the ranking system?

Absolutely NOTHING.

Stop saying it. It is not true.

Cheating in Halo 2 was rampant because you didn’t get banned and it was so incredibly simple to do.

> Id rather have me XP system so I can rank up myself, and unlock my light weight perk, which helps me run away faster, and doubles my jet pack ability. Then I can unlock my Plasma secondary and shoot from the sky, getting my kills so I can get to Inheritor quickly. Ranked kids just want to boost to 50 and use their BR all the time and cant adapt.

They see me trolling, they hatin’

> Except Halo 2’s system had the most cheating of all the systems put together…

This was not a fault of Halo 2’s ranking system. This was the fault of the horribly awful banhammer that was unable to catch cheating, modding, hacking, etc.

Now, you have Reach, where there is a very small amount of people who hack, cheat, mod, etc. and get away with it. This is because of the advanced banhammer that catches everything. Put that with Halo 2’s ELO based ranking system and you are golden.

> > Except Halo 2’s system had the most cheating of all the systems put together…
>
> This was not a fault of Halo 2’s ranking system. This was the fault of the horribly awful banhammer that was unable to catch cheating, modding, hacking, etc.
>
> Now, you have Reach, where there is a very small amount of people who hack, cheat, mod, etc. and get away with it. This is because of the advanced banhammer that catches everything. Put that with Halo 2’s ELO based ranking system and you are golden.

People just want rank to help their e--Yoink!- because they are tryhards. Screw competitive, casual is bigger, we want Reach system because its more skillfull, and Trueskill totally works.

> > Except Halo 2’s system had the most cheating of all the systems put together…
>
> This was not a fault of Halo 2’s ranking system. This was the fault of the horribly awful banhammer that was unable to catch cheating, modding, hacking, etc.
>
> Now, you have Reach, where there is a very small amount of people who hack, cheat, mod, etc. and get away with it. This is because of the advanced banhammer that catches everything. Put that with Halo 2’s ELO based ranking system and you are golden.

Well isn’t the ‘Host booting’ under cheating. It is when you go to file a complaint. Host booters NEVER get banned. I’ve known someone who has hostbooted for years and hasn’t even been told off.

Yea, it was IMPOSSIBLE TO BOOST in halo 2. You would have to somehow end up in a 1v1 matchmaking game with your friend and let them win. Alot… but if you are letting them win, that means you are loosing, and that means you are de-ranking. So there is little tradeoff unless you actually “want” to de-rank

> Surely there will always be selfish people, no matter how you rank them or what incentives you dangle in front of them? If kills alone are important to a player, I can’t see what you can do to stop them being selfish, other than teaming up with people that share your enthusiasm for team work, in which case you don’t have to worry about K/D obsessed players.
>
> I would prefer it if there is a system that encourages team work, but it wouldn’t eradicate selfish players.

Thats why you don’t even list K/D Stats. They wont be able to track it. skrew em.

> > > Except Halo 2’s system had the most cheating of all the systems put together…
> >
> > This was not a fault of Halo 2’s ranking system. This was the fault of the horribly awful banhammer that was unable to catch cheating, modding, hacking, etc.
> >
> > Now, you have Reach, where there is a very small amount of people who hack, cheat, mod, etc. and get away with it. This is because of the advanced banhammer that catches everything. Put that with Halo 2’s ELO based ranking system and you are golden.
>
> People just want rank to help their e--Yoink!- because they are tryhards. Screw competitive, casual is bigger, we want Reach system because its more skillfull, and Trueskill totally works.

I would have thought you were serious if I hadn’t seen your previous post. lol

> Well isn’t the ‘Host booting’ under cheating. It is when you go to file a complaint. Host booters NEVER get banned. I’ve known someone who has hostbooted for years and hasn’t even been told off.

You just said it yourself, you do not get banned. That is the problem.

I have been host booted multiple times in Halo 3 and Halo Reach Social. There is no ranking system that requires skill or winning and I’ve still been cheated.

It only happens because it’s allowed to happen and not for any other reason, Halo 2s ranking system least of all.

> Id rather have me XP system so I can rank up myself, and unlock my light weight perk, which helps me run away faster, and doubles my jet pack ability. Then I can unlock my Plasma secondary and shoot from the sky, getting my kills so I can get to Inheritor quickly. Ranked kids just want to boost to 50 and use their BR all the time and cant adapt.

heres an idea, hows about we don’t go all “call of duty” and just have access to all of the basic weapons from the start…

yea, you are the deffinition of the kind of player I hate. Selfish, you just want your kills… your unlocks… your points…

> > > > Except Halo 2’s system had the most cheating of all the systems put together…
> > >
> > > This was not a fault of Halo 2’s ranking system. This was the fault of the horribly awful banhammer that was unable to catch cheating, modding, hacking, etc.
> > >
> > > Now, you have Reach, where there is a very small amount of people who hack, cheat, mod, etc. and get away with it. This is because of the advanced banhammer that catches everything. Put that with Halo 2’s ELO based ranking system and you are golden.
> >
> > People just want rank to help their e--Yoink!- because they are tryhards. Screw competitive, casual is bigger, we want Reach system because its more skillfull, and Trueskill totally works.
>
> I would have thought you were serious if I hadn’t seen your previous post. lol

Haha mate that kind of comment is fairly common here, I need to work harder on the trolling. I get more thanks for those kind of posts than serious ones.

> > Well isn’t the ‘Host booting’ under cheating. It is when you go to file a complaint. Host booters NEVER get banned. I’ve known someone who has hostbooted for years and hasn’t even been told off.
>
> You just said it yourself, you do not get banned. That is the problem.
>
> I have been host booted multiple times in Halo 3 and Halo Reach Social. There is no ranking system that requires skill or winning and I’ve still been cheated.
>
> It only happens because it’s allowed to happen and not for any other reason, Halo 2s ranking system least of all.

You just contradicted yourself. You said earlier:
‘Now, you have Reach, where there is a very small amount of people who hack, cheat, mod, etc. and get away with it. This is because of the advanced banhammer that catches everything.’

I thought you said no one gets away with cheating?

> > > Except Halo 2’s system had the most cheating of all the systems put together…
> >
> > This was not a fault of Halo 2’s ranking system. This was the fault of the horribly awful banhammer that was unable to catch cheating, modding, hacking, etc.
> >
> > Now, you have Reach, where there is a very small amount of people who hack, cheat, mod, etc. and get away with it. This is because of the advanced banhammer that catches everything. Put that with Halo 2’s ELO based ranking system and you are golden.
>
> Well isn’t the ‘Host booting’ under cheating. It is when you go to file a complaint. Host booters NEVER get banned. I’ve known someone who has hostbooted for years and hasn’t even been told off.

Host booting is still something that they need to work on catching. Like I said, the banhammer is a lot better, and now there aren’t as many people cheating as there was in Halo 2. You will never be able to fully, 100% catch everything. Some things will always slip through the cracks. But catching the majority of them is better than catching none.

As Reverence said, people will do it in any playlist, it doesn’t matter where. It is not just the ranked ones.