Needs Better Optimization

I hope the developers are working on fixing video lag. I often get down to 25fps on Forge maps and 45 fps on some official maps even on minimal settings. I shouldn’t have to set my fps counter to 30 for gameplay consistency and it’s strange that my PC which has better specifications than the Xbox One (runs at a constant 60fps with probably medium settings) is not able to run the game just as well.
Specs:
GTX 760
AMD FX-6350
8gb RAM

Get more RAM, makes a huge difference in this game from my experience. I’ve seen the game use anywhere from 9 to 12gb of RAM at times. Also, how much VRAM does your GTX 760 have?

> 2533274821632824;2:
> Get more RAM, makes a huge difference in this game from my experience. I’ve seen the game use anywhere from 9 to 12gb of RAM at times. Also, how much VRAM does your GTX 760 have?

Why should I need more RAM when it runs fine on the Xbox One? I’ve seen reports of people with 32gb of RAM and they still experience lag. Even at the most minimal settings I get down to 30fps and stuttering on some maps. My GPU has 2gb of VRAM.

What an unplayable mess!

It’s not a very good port. It’s more like a direct copy of the Xbox version that needs more powerful hardware than the Xbox to run at the same level of performance, which should not be the case.

> 2533274940159839;3:
> > 2533274821632824;2:
> > Get more RAM, makes a huge difference in this game from my experience. I’ve seen the game use anywhere from 9 to 12gb of RAM at times. Also, how much VRAM does your GTX 760 have?
>
> Why should I need more RAM when it runs fine on the Xbox One? I’ve seen reports of people with 32gb of RAM and they still experience lag. Even at the most minimal settings I get down to 30fps and stuttering on some maps. My GPU has 2gb of VRAM.

4gb of VRAM is recommended. Keep in mind, that when Halo 5 Forge is maxed out, it’s running at a higher shadow and texture resolution than the XBox One version. It eats up the VRAM very quickly. Try turning the texture, shadow, and reflection quality down… if it doesn’t help, something else is going on.

Not trying to say there isn’t a problem- the game could certainly be a lot lighter on resources (the whole thing is a RAM hog, using everything it can allocate, and from what I can tell everything stays in memory after a map to speed up loading the second time around)… But here’s some specs of what’s been able to run it without a single FPS drop from my experience. Hopefully it’ll be useful as some sort of guide.

Intel Core i5 4670k (Haswell)
NVidia GTX 960 4gb
16gb RAM
Intel x87 chipset