needler OP?

you be the judge

I guess I dont have all the facts
maybe he was using hailstorm
after 5 or so hits maybe that explosion has to happen

skip to 15 seconds if you need to

No and if you just go to theater and look at his screen youll find which needler he has it looked like a hailstorm though.

hailstorm is the only decently useable needler. Even that can be beaten by simply moving in a circle.

I hate needlers, such efortless weapons. Like the boltshot, I see them as scrub weapons, haha.

yeah if you turn a corner and run into a needler you’re basically dead, even with thrust

I don’t think he would have a hail storm that early in the game.

> 2560081931056311;6:
> I don’t think he would have a hail storm that early in the game.

thats what I thought too, i cant remeber or find the hailstomr req level! lol

It was firing pretty slow to be a Hailstorm. More than likely a base needler he picked up off a dead jackal.

> 2533274805467041;8:
> It was firing pretty slow to be a Hailstorm. More than likely a base needler he picked up off a dead jackal.

this
i thought i dodged enough and was home free but no…

> 2533274803360167;7:
> > 2560081931056311;6:
> > I don’t think he would have a hail storm that early in the game.
>
>
> thats what I thought too, i cant remeber or find the hailstomr req level! lol

Hailstorm is a REQ level 3 weapon, just like the regular Needler. Chances are that he picked up that Needler off of a Jackal in the base.

> 2533274803360167;5:
> yeah if you turn a corner and run into a needler you’re basically dead, even with thrust

To be fair though you did kinda thrust into the open. You could have gone to the right or backed up, instead you went to the left and allowed him to get more shots on you.

I find you can usually just thrust away from most of the needles.

You will want to move toward the needler user at a 45% angle (diagonally to one of their sides.) If you can do this when they first open up on you, you can survive.

If they open up on you before you are ready to react they will get you though.

Why do you jump so much?

To be fair you engaged without any cover nearby. Its not an OP weapon but it is OP to players who just charge in recklessly.

Nah it aint op, he just had the high ground and a clear line of sight.

Considering you did next to nothing to dodge it, not really.

funny how op it is now when it started out as a joke weapon.

By far my favorite power weapon along with the sniper! I will bring this in when defending a base from overwhelming odds, or trying to take the monument. It’s my clutch weapon for close range, I even use the standard a lot as its still effective. Once you are out of the homing range you are SOL unless you have a mid-long distance range weapon along with it. The other positive aspect is the fast reload time on it.

isnt this a question every year?