Needle Carbine May Be A Bad Sign

In one of the newer 343i videos, they show things that are coming in January. One of those things is a Carbine that fires needles like the Needle Rifle.
This may be a bad sign for what is possible to add to Halo 5. They could’ve used the Needle Rifle model, but didn’t. What does that say about the possibility for UNSC flying vehicles and Brute weapons.

Video

It says nothing, and the needle rifle wasn’t that great anyway. It appeared in one game, unlike the Brute weapons and flying vehicles.

I can just see it now. I open a req pack and BWOAH -Yoink-, a flying warthog! It has propulsion systems on the back and its wheels fold under the body like the Delorean from Back to the Future.

Actually, that sounds pretty rad. Get to work, 343.

Is it too much to ask for time and money to be spent on actual content? Not another weapon that is not going to keep people from leaving…

> 2533274832089275;2:
> It says nothing, and the needle rifle wasn’t that great anyway. It appeared in one game, unlike the Brute weapons and flying vehicles.

Right, but what I’m saying is, it would’ve been simple to just use the Needle Rifle model as a skin. If they can’t be bothered to make a unique skin for the Needle Carbine, what are the chances they’ll make entirely new models and physics for vehicles and weapons.

> 2533274917099112;1:
> In one of the newer 343i videos, they show things that are coming in January. One of those things is a Carbine that fires needles like the Needle Rifle.
>
> This may be a bad sign for what is possible to add to Halo 5. They could’ve used the Needle Rifle model, but didn’t. What does that say about the possibility for UNSC flying vehicles and Brute weapons.

Can u give me a link pls

> 2533274884387290;4:
> Is it too much to ask for time and money to be spent on actual content? Not another weapon that is not going to keep people from leaving…

No, but those things have not been talked about, whereas the Needle Carbine is confirmed. I’d take Ricochet over another weapon variant any day, but there’s no mention of more game types.

> 2533274823519895;3:
> I can just see it now. I open a req pack and BWOAH -Yoink-, a flying warthog! It has propulsion systems on the back and its wheels fold under the body like the Delorean from Back to the Future.
>
> Actually, that sounds pretty rad. Get to work, 343.

How many skins of flying warthog would you like? How about 10? Oh and don’t forget the scout versions!

They probably didn’t want to use the Needle Rifle model because they simply felt there would be too much significance placed on a small cameo. It’s just a Carbine that fires needle rounds because 1) it’s just supposed to be a throwback, not a full inclusion; and 2) the Carbine doesn’t have any level 2 or 3 versions like other power weapon REQs (they added extra Lightrifle tiers, so it looks like they’ll be doing this for the Suppressor and Storm Rifle as well).

Having the carbine model fire the needles is stupid. Where the hell are the needles stored? They should make it a dedicated model rather than copy pasting the same thing for the 50th time.

> 2533274917099112;5:
> > 2533274832089275;2:
> > It says nothing, and the needle rifle wasn’t that great anyway. It appeared in one game, unlike the Brute weapons and flying vehicles.
>
>
> Right, but what I’m saying is, it would’ve been simple to just use the Needle Rifle model as a skin. If they can’t be bothered to make a unique skin for the Needle Carbine, what are the chances they’ll make entirely new models and physics for vehicles and weapons.

Yep and 343 didn’t bother to make a new model for the classic Battle Rifle either. Maybe the carbine model is just a placeholder I’ll keep my hopes up for that.

considering that the carbine was red, don’t you think it’s possible that the beam it shoots is just red instead of blue as opposed to being a needler type of ammunition? while I love the needler rifle, if they wanted to bring it back they could. Imo, that upgraded carbine just shoots red beams. which is gonna be epic btw lol

> 2533274823519895;3:
> I can just see it now. I open a req pack and BWOAH -Yoink-, a flying warthog! It has propulsion systems on the back and its wheels fold under the body like the Delorean from Back to the Future.
>
> Actually, that sounds pretty rad. Get to work, 343.

there actually was a mod for that in halo 3, they just put a warthog skin on a banshee.

> 2535449389447310;6:
> > 2533274917099112;1:
> > In one of the newer 343i videos, they show things that are coming in January. One of those things is a Carbine that fires needles like the Needle Rifle.
> >
> > This may be a bad sign for what is possible to add to Halo 5. They could’ve used the Needle Rifle model, but didn’t. What does that say about the possibility for UNSC flying vehicles and Brute weapons.
>
>
> Can u give me a link pls

At the end.

Can we get some hornets please?

> 2533274961579910;12:
> considering that the carbine was red, don’t you think it’s possible that the beam it shoots is just red instead of blue as opposed to being a needler type of ammunition? while I love the needler rifle, if they wanted to bring it back they could. Imo, that upgraded carbine just shoots red beams. which is gonna be epic btw lol

There are needles visible in the receiver, and in the Spartan that was killed by it.

> 2533274917099112;14:
> > 2535449389447310;6:
> > > 2533274917099112;1:
> > > In one of the newer 343i videos, they show things that are coming in January. One of those things is a Carbine that fires needles like the Needle Rifle.
> > >
> > > This may be a bad sign for what is possible to add to Halo 5. They could’ve used the Needle Rifle model, but didn’t. What does that say about the possibility for UNSC flying vehicles and Brute weapons.
> >
> >
> > Can u give me a link pls
>
>
> At the end.

The link just braught me to the youtube homepaga

Is this a Wishlist Thread?

I need a Tundra Gaus Warthog that can climb walls please.

And a Pelican. And a double-barreled chaingun with explosive bullets from The Answer, just scaled up to the chaingun size.

I also need an AR with an extended magazine/drum magazine. 72 Bullets anyone? DAT SUSTAINED RATE OF FIRE YO

Pls 343

> 2533274917099112;5:
> > 2533274832089275;2:
> > It says nothing, and the needle rifle wasn’t that great anyway. It appeared in one game, unlike the Brute weapons and flying vehicles.
>
>
> Right, but what I’m saying is, it would’ve been simple to just use the Needle Rifle model as a skin. If they can’t be bothered to make a unique skin for the Needle Carbine, what are the chances they’ll make entirely new models and physics for vehicles and weapons.

It is different because there are no current gen games with the needle rifle model, they already have the models for the hornet and pelican, as well as the brute, which I assume (not a CS guy) they can just copy over from the MCC. Open to being corrected by someone more tech savvy than I. They needed to add levels to the carbine, like the light rifle had. Instead of making a new gun with three levels, they finished one we already had.

> 2533274917099112;16:
> > 2533274961579910;12:
> > considering that the carbine was red, don’t you think it’s possible that the beam it shoots is just red instead of blue as opposed to being a needler type of ammunition? while I love the needler rifle, if they wanted to bring it back they could. Imo, that upgraded carbine just shoots red beams. which is gonna be epic btw lol
>
>
> There are needles visible in the receiver, and in the Spartan that was killed by it.

oooooh. okay. I’ll have to watch the video again and more closely. thanks for the info.