Need Your Opinion: Should Snipers be removed from Slayer and given it's own game type.

I am sure I am not the only normal person that enjoys the excitement of running round shooting players as opposed to sitting miles away from each firing pop shots. If I wanted to feel removed from the action I would play a Command and Conquer game. Please cast your opinion and see if together we can get those spineless loners who enjoy sniping relegated to their own game type. While your at it Kill Cams replays and a Swat game type would be nice.

Honestly i am one of those “Spineless” snipers lol. But i very much agree, sniping has always had its own slayer and i believe it should be applied during the next patch. Im getting tired of teamates sucking at snipes lol.

Game hard… or dont game at all.
Night Sniper07

I’m not a big fan of Snipers (probably because it’s nowhere near one of my strengths), so I was super excited to see a modification to that gametype as it pertains to BTB! From yesterday’s Bungie Weekly Update:

Big Team Battle
SWAT and Classic are being removed and the frequency of Snipers is being reduced based on – you guessed it – voting data.

> Honestly i am one of those “Spineless” snipers lol. But i very much agree, sniping has always had its own slayer and i believe it should be applied during the next patch. Im getting tired of teamates sucking at snipes lol.
>
> Game hard… or dont game at all.
> Night Sniper07

The irony of that statement is amusing. :slight_smile:

In Halo and Halo 2, I was pretty good with the sniper rifle. When Halo 3 introduced the “kickback” effect(when you shoot, you get recoil and your rifle raises slightly) I found myself doing terrible. After some practice, I managed to adjust but still did not find sniping overly enjoyable.

Now that the recoil/kickback effect is gone in Reach, I am back to being a good sniper. :smiley:

I do want Snipers and SWAT to have their own playlists like they did in Halo 3. Helped me rank up when I wanted to focus on one gametype instead of going online in “Team Slayer” and praying for SWAT.

All the best.

**-**Hyokin