need sticky detonator tips

ok for some reason im getting bad with the Sticky detonator. i used to be really good with it but now it only takes away their shields and not beat them. any tips? and this is ususally in CQC. or im waiting around a corner

bump. come on guys I need HELP! :frowning:

I usually just aim for their feet and BOOM!

If the shields drop then pop them once in the head with the DMR.

Promethean Vision + Sticky Detonator is a deadly combo also.

aim at their feet, pull trigger, easy kill.

shoot where their feet will be. ive done pretty well with it.

1. use promethean vision, it helps to see them around corners and such

2. use the environment, such as extremely damaged vehicles, crates, walls, etc. this will usually catch em by surprise and guarantee an easier kill

3. aim where you know they’re gonna go and not where they’re at, i learned that the hard way.

4. if you think you can, then just stick em :slight_smile:

find a spot were many opponents like to get through (such a small hallway.)
Shot at it, dont pull the trigger. Go hide somewere and look at the radar thing on the side of the gun. The small yellow circle is your fired grenade, wait for a red dot to walk on/near it, and pull the trigger.

Boom, you now have Land Mines in Halo.

Its best used for enemies coming around corners because they arent paying attention when running after your buddies. Also aim for in front or slightly to the sides or nearby walls. And you could stick them but thats a bit hard when they’re in front of you back sticking seems easier. Dont forget it has a sensor try to use that to your advantage. Dont forget to stick your buddies running into the enemy they probably would ve only gotten one kill anyway. Im also waiting for someone to arch in the to get a stick. Kind of a diverse weapon.

ok thanks for the tips keep them coming please!

Aim for their feet or if they jump shoot it where they will land then BAM! Pull that trigger!

> ok for some reason im getting bad with the Sticky detonator. i used to be really good with it but now it only takes away their shields and not kill them. any tips? and this is ususally in CQC. or im waiting around a corner

I find the sticky det usually goes a bit less further than I would want it to… In other words, the shot curves downwards in its trajectory, so sometimes I either jump or look up slightly from where I would like to aim it if the opponent is by a wall.

Also aiming at their feet/legs usually gets the instant kill or one shot. Also, don’t try to stick it before the person comes around the corner. Try actually sticking it right as they jump out for the challenge, and set it a bit further back from them (if it doesn’t stick them). The firing of the weapon startles most people, and they will instinctively walk back into it’s explosion.

Lastly, that thing has quite the blast radius. Be happy to get them one shot, then call out to your team for someone to pick up the kill. Your priority should be winning over stats.

thanks guys. please post more tips

I noticed on the first Monday after the game released (when they patched a few small things) one of the changes was a nerf to the blast radius of the sticky detonator. That made me kind of sad because now it feels like it’s pretty much useless if you don’t stick it right on someone.

Another “unmentioned” tweak I caught on to was that they removed the ability to scope in with the Flagnum. Now it will “unzoom” as soon as you try to scope in.

bummer but either way im determind to master the SD.

Bump

if trying to sick the person directly aim a good bit in front of them also if near a gravlift and enemy is coming up stick the wall in it when they pop up blow it its gets kills most of the time and if you wanna be really anoying when a power weapon like the rocket launcher or sword is on the ground put the charge there and wait somebody will try and pick it up hilarity ensues