Need some SERIOUS advice from the community.

Before reading this please note the only reason I am posting this here is because it has something small to do with Halo and I am in desperate need of help from you guys, please take this seriously.
Hello, does anyone remember a few weeks back when Bungie did that Bag of Swag thing? Hope so.
Anyway, basically what I did was order one from Amazon, at first I was exited to get it, felt like a kid again. It went sour pretty quickly though when I found out from Amazon.com that there were none left This is after I had confirmed the order btw So I was like aww damn, so I thought nothing more of it. Then some unexpected bills came up that I had to pay so naturally I payed for them knowing there was no Bags left.

A few days later I was told that my “sold out” bag had been shipped. Now bear in mind I come from the UK and will be charged around $75 for the item plus shipping. I thought no biggie, i’ll just get them to cancel it.

I speak to an Amazon rep and got it all sorted, he said you won’t be charged and the order would be cancelled.

I go into my Internet Banking about an hour ago to see I am now in debt with no way to pay until the 1st, I will be charged at least £40 for having gone overdraft and then an extra £10 each day after that. I get on the horn to Amazon again…pretty much red faced at this point…

I was told by a very helpful person that nothing could be done and I am going to be in debt. Seriously, I can do NOTHING. I have been told I have NO control over my own money now. Basically, this Amazon Employee who said the Bag was cancelled obviously didn’t do a good job and now because of that I am being charged with no way of getting out of it.

I personally have some emotional problems, i’m not going to lie, I suffer from Depression. It doesn’t hit very often but when it does it makes sure it does it hard. I feel awful at the moment because there is nothing I can do to stop this. It is ridiculous.

So guys, seriously. I need to know…what would you do?
Also, if any mods see this please give it at least 48 hours so I can get a couple of replies, if not please reply yourselves. I honestly don’t know what to do right now.
Thank You.

This is an issue that talking to Amazon will help bring resolution. Sadly, things like this happen. Its happened to me at least twice. I feel your pain. I would at least make sure that a swag bag is coming if you paid for it even though it was sold out, other wise, refund the money. If anything, refuse delivery and have the order sent back. Your money will be refunded albeit too late.

> This is an issue that talking to Amazon will help bring resolution. Sadly, things like this happen. Its happened to me at least twice. I feel your pain. I would at least make sure that a swag bag is coming if you paid for it even though it was sold out, other wise, refund the money. If anything, refuse delivery and have the order sent back. Your money will be refunded albeit too late.

I’ve resolved the issue with them and while I cannot get a refund they did give me £100 or $160 to spend in Amazon.com.

I might get some good old Halo Books to lighten my spirits a bit.

> > This is an issue that talking to Amazon will help bring resolution. Sadly, things like this happen. Its happened to me at least twice. I feel your pain. I would at least make sure that a swag bag is coming if you paid for it even though it was sold out, other wise, refund the money. If anything, refuse delivery and have the order sent back. Your money will be refunded albeit too late.
>
> I’ve resolved the issue with them and while I cannot get a refund they did give me £100 or $160 to spend in Amazon.com.
>
> I might get some good old Halo Books to lighten my spirits a bit.

Definitely do that man. They’re great, I’ve been reading them lately and I’m about halfway into Ghosts of Onyx. Sorry to hear about your situation, I hope things turn out alright for you. :slight_smile:

> > > This is an issue that talking to Amazon will help bring resolution. Sadly, things like this happen. Its happened to me at least twice. I feel your pain. I would at least make sure that a swag bag is coming if you paid for it even though it was sold out, other wise, refund the money. If anything, refuse delivery and have the order sent back. Your money will be refunded albeit too late.
> >
> > I’ve resolved the issue with them and while I cannot get a refund they did give me £100 or $160 to spend in Amazon.com.
> >
> > I might get some good old Halo Books to lighten my spirits a bit.
>
> Definitely do that man. They’re great, I’ve been reading them lately and I’m about halfway into Ghosts of Onyx. Sorry to hear about your situation, I hope things turn out alright for you. :slight_smile:

Thanks very much, I just ordered all the Halo books as well as that one advertised on the front page, the DK one? I can’t remember the name :open_mouth:

I think you’re talking about the Visual Guide one. Yeah, that looks pretty cool. I was looking at it on Amazon and thinking about getting it, but I think I’ll save my money for Halo: Glasslands this fall (a new novel) and this cool new art book that’s coming out. I forget the name of it.

You should have a lot of fun reading those if you want further insight into the universe!

If it helps, you can usually cancel the overdraft fees. (that is if the thing that overdrafted it in the first place was undone, though if you ask nicely like I did it works for other things too) Just go to your local branch offices (from the US, idk how it works over there) and explain the situation. It worked for me, in my experience the bank manager has the authority to remove the fees.

Once again I’d like to reiterate that I’m from the US and I have no clue if any of this is the same overseas. I don’t want to get your hopes up only to bash them later on but it’s worth a shot.

I hope this issue somehow resolves itself for you. It’s a rotten thing sometimes, this modern world of business we live in. But it can’t be helped. And as a fellow victim of depression, I can tell you that I feel your pain. Sometimes I get so stressed out about even just minor situations that I can hardly breathe and I feel really sick for a few days. Other times there will be a rather large issue and I will quite easily take it in stride. Depression is so disgustingly unpredictable, yet so predictable at the same time. Regardless, this sounds like it’s one of those super stressful situations for you, so I really hope this somehow switches, and fast.

On the subject of Halo books: I would avoid the DK Visual Guide that you mentioned for now. It’s pretty cool to look through, but it’s not as essential as they make it sound. If you don’t have any of the eight full-length novels right now (I’m including the Evolutions short story anthology), you should invest in those first, definitely. If you’ve already got the eight, I’ll be honest - if I were you, I’d put money down for Glasslands and/or Primordium right now. I say this because the novels are not only engrossing, but they enable you to witness canon firsthand. Once you really get into that concept, it’s really cool, and it makes things like the Encyclopedia and Visual Guide quite obsolete.

That’s just my opinion, though. I prefer firsthand canon that I can witness very much over canon that is simply written about, if that makes any sense. Like the events of Actium. I’d love a novel based on that.

EDIT: Oops. I didn’t see that you said you had ordered all of the Halo books as well as the Visual Guide. I misread it to say you were just checking out the Visual Guide. My bad :slight_smile:

My analysis still stands, though: Actual novels > Reference books :smiley:

Don’t ever go to amazon again, ever lesson learned.

> Don’t ever go to amazon again, ever lesson learned.

I’ve never had a problem with ordering from Amazon, it’s just the canceling, shipping corrections, returns, and other customer service functions that they seem to be pretty lousy with.

On topic, if you get the bag and are in need of money, you can always sell it. I’m sure you could put it on eBay or something for enough to get you out of debt.

I’d…well…get a job. Sell stuff…etc. Never hurts to have too much money.

> I’d…well…get a job. Sell stuff…etc. Never hurts to have too much money.

I do have a job, a very well paying job, but I am payed monthly and by the end of each month I either have money to save and spend or I don’t. It’s just at the end of this one I didn’t.

> > Don’t ever go to amazon again, ever lesson learned.
>
> I’ve never had a problem with ordering from Amazon, it’s just the canceling, shipping corrections, returns, and other customer service functions that they seem to be pretty lousy with.
>
> On topic, if you get the bag and are in need of money, you can always sell it. I’m sure you could put it on eBay or something for enough to get you out of debt.

yeah they dont do a great jobb with that, a family member of mine bought a Kindel from amazon, and than the price droped 25$ before it had shiped and my family member than had to return it and order a new one for the lower price. just stupid

anyway as far as music downloads on amazon goes that has no problems that ive encountered