Need some general help/advice.

Hello Halo community. Im trying to get the famous General rank and im having some trouble. I managed to get to a 44(in Lone Wolves) and from there I just can’t seem to win anymore. I was wondering if you guys had any advice? Thanks KillaMOX.

Always have a Battle Rifle on you, and be good with it, and if possible, pick up a Plasma pistol as a secondary instead of the Assault Rifle, you can pull off the ‘noob combo’ really easily.

Make sure as well if you see a power weapon to take it, and if you think you are not going to do good with it like a Sniper, waste the ammo, if you are about to die with rockets, waste them all.

I can’t exactly offer too much advice, I never was the best player at Halo 3, but I used to do that a lot and still do.

> Hello Halo community. Im trying to get the famous General rank and im having some trouble. I managed to get to a 44(in Lone Wolves) and from there I just can’t seem to win anymore. I was wondering if you guys had any advice? Thanks KillaMOX.

Mute everyone so you don’t have to listen to people. Use the weapons on the map. People will complain about you being a noob but if you don’t use them, your opponents will use them against you. Also, become a janitor, in the other words, don’t be afraid to steal kills. Its Free For All, steal kills and just sweep the field. While I do admit that Moa’s advice, for the secondary, works, it really is better just to keep your assault rifle as a secondary. Plasma pistol won’t work all the time.

I’ve got 50’s in Lone Wolves, Legendary Brawl, and Mythic Brawl. Trust me on this. One last thing, when you start winning, you must keep winning. It took me 39 consecutive wins to go from a 49 to a 50 in Double team but after I got that, it only took 4 wins to get a 50 in Lone Wolves.

Hmmm ok. My biggest problems are getting a BR on slayer and getting that 4th shot on the head. I’m not sure if I need a lower sensitivity( I use 5) or better aim. Also I always seem to melee on time, but I get killed and they don’t.

> Hmmm ok. My biggest problems are getting a BR on slayer and getting that 4th shot on the head. I’m not sure if I need a lower sensitivity( I use 5) or better aim. Also I always seem to melee on time, but I get killed and they don’t.

Don’t always rely on the BR, use other weapons. The carbine is a great sub. As for the sensitivity, it all depends on how you play. I play with a 10 and always have, but that’s just me.

As I said though, use the weapons on the map.

Epitaph is a GREAT map to dual wield the SMG and Plasma Rifle, I get called a noob countless times by using those. People don’t much about them.

Construct is a great map to use the flamethrower on if you camp on of the purple lifts, but for the main lift, time your grenade throws so your opponents shields are down and you can kill him, regardless of what weapon you have.

Isolation is a map that is influenced by the BR. Use the regen’s to your advantage and remember that there are 10 (I’m pretty sure) BR spawns on the map. Be sure to grab one and stay close to cover.

Guardian is a great map to control as well. If you spawn by OS, don’t grab it right off the bat, wait til someone appears on radar THEN grab it and use those few seconds, of invincibility, to your advantage. If you spawn at elbow or at the tree, rush camo and try to use that to your advantage as well. Sniper, Hammer, Shotgun, and plasma grenades are your friends! Dual Wielding an SMG and Mauler will work as well as long as you don’t have an itchy trigger finger.

Foundry is a tough one. Who ever controls the back usually wins. There are 2 sniper spawns and the rockets as well. If you fall down, use the closed doors, on the back wall, to jump back up instead of going around. There is a small ledge where you can easily jump from and get back up top.

WOW! I didn’t think I was going to type so much, LOL! Feel free to ask for more help if you need it and GOOD LUCK!

> > Hmmm ok. My biggest problems are getting a BR on slayer and getting that 4th shot on the head. I’m not sure if I need a lower sensitivity( I use 5) or better aim. Also I always seem to melee on time, but I get killed and they don’t.
>
> Don’t always rely on the BR, use other weapons. The carbine is a great sub. As for the sensitivity, it all depends on how you play. I play with a 10 and always have, but that’s just me.
>
> As I said though, use the weapons on the map.
>
> Epitaph is a GREAT map to dual wield the SMG and Plasma Rifle, I get called a noob countless times by using those. People don’t much about them.
>
> Construct is a great map to use the flamethrower on if you camp on of the purple lifts, but for the main lift, time your grenade throws so your opponents shields are down and you can kill him, regardless of what weapon you have.
>
> Isolation is a map that is influenced by the BR. Use the regen’s to your advantage and remember that there are 10 (I’m pretty sure) BR spawns on the map. Be sure to grab one and stay close to cover.
>
> Guardian is a great map to control as well. If you spawn by OS, don’t grab it right off the bat, wait til someone appears on radar THEN grab it and use those few seconds, of invincibility, to your advantage. If you spawn at elbow or at the tree, rush camo and try to use that to your advantage as well. Sniper, Hammer, Shotgun, and plasma grenades are your friends! Dual Wielding an SMG and Mauler will work as well as long as you don’t have an itchy trigger finger.
>
> Foundry is a tough one. Who ever controls the back usually wins. There are 2 sniper spawns and the rockets as well. If you fall down, use the closed doors, on the back wall, to jump back up instead of going around. There is a small ledge where you can easily jump from and get back up top.
>
>
> WOW! I didn’t think I was going to type so much, LOL! Feel free to ask for more help if you need it and GOOD LUCK!

wow thanks! Yeah Foundry is easily my worst map. Hmm ill try all the advice though. Is KOTH and oddball just luck? Because it seems to be…

I get pissed with KoTH and Oddball, your best bet is to just aim for the hill/ball and hope for the best but don’t go running in there like a cow to slaughter. Be sure to take so people out before u go after it. Also, if your in the hill, just crouch and don’t fire unless fired upon. Most cases, people are willing to work together just to place in the top half since it means getting EXP

> I get pissed with KoTH and Oddball, your best bet is to just aim for the hill/ball and hope for the best but don’t go running in there like a cow to slaughter. Be sure to take so people out before u go after it. Also, if your in the hill, just crouch and don’t fire unless fired upon. Most cases, people are willing to work together just to place in the top half since it means getting EXP

That will definitely help! One last question(sorry for all the questions) For picking up a power weapon is it better to drop the pistol or AR.

I advise a different playlist. I only got to a 35 in Lw.

Better to drop the pistol. As for changing the playlist, I don’t think its a good idea. FFA is based on the player, if you lose, it’s your own fault, everything else is team based. You could have 49 of the 50 kills and still lose.

My opinion though

> Better to drop the pistol. As for changing the playlist, I don’t think its a good idea. FFA is based on the player, if you lose, it’s your own fault, everything else is team based. You could have 49 of the 50 kills and still lose.
>
> My opinion though

Oh ok. Most of my friends play Reach so im out of options there. Thanks for all your help Legendary I was actually able to rank up to Brigadier yesterday so your advice is working.

> > Better to drop the pistol. As for changing the playlist, I don’t think its a good idea. FFA is based on the player, if you lose, it’s your own fault, everything else is team based. You could have 49 of the 50 kills and still lose.
> >
> > My opinion though
>
> Oh ok. Most of my friends play Reach so im out of options there. Thanks for all your help Legendary I was actually able to rank up to Brigadier yesterday so your advice is working.

Glad to help bro!

if you dont use bumper jumper, try it out in rumble pit, it will help you rack up more kills with melee’s, just be always ready to melee people, thats what i started doing when i was around 44 in lone wolvs, i think i got a 46 in it after that, i also used sensitivity six, lowering ur sensitivity wont do much for your over all game, u need to be quickly spinning around/jumping/meleeing alot/. if you can do this, you have a huge advantage over people who cant even turn around fast enough while your jumping over heads and confusing them. (remember, Halo 3 is Ninja’s game, hence the hyabusa armor, its not just a pretty peice of armor, it has meaning)

also, to get good at this, play alot of multi-team, practice being a one man army.

one more tip; when you play a game and you win and play good, watch it back in theatre, that helps you get better cus u can see how u could have survived a situation and then learn from it.

> if you dont use bumper jumper, try it out in rumble pit, it will help you rack up more kills with melee’s, just be always ready to melee people, thats what i started doing when i was around 44 in lone wolvs, i think i got a 46 in it after that, i also used sensitivity six, lowering ur sensitivity wont do much for your over all game, u need to be quickly spinning around/jumping/meleeing alot/. if you can do this, you have a huge advantage over people who cant even turn around fast enough while your jumping over heads and confusing them. (remember, Halo 3 is Ninja’s game, hence the hyabusa armor, its not just a pretty peice of armor, it has meaning)
>
> also, to get good at this, play alot of multi-team, practice being a one man army.
>
> one more tip; when you play a game and you win and play good, watch it back in theatre, that helps you get better cus u can see how u could have survived a situation and then learn from it.

Hmm ok. I do use Number Jumper always have been my sensitivity is 7it but I think I need to lower it. I keep missing BR shots which I know is crucial. Also my melee is easily my weakest point. I always melee to early or to late.