Need inspiration for forge

I keep on running into the same problem with Forge. I’ll start a project make decent progress, then lose all interest in that particular map. Or sometimes I’ll start the map and find out that the pieces that we have to work with just don’t seem to work. Has anyone else had this problem? and if so, any advice for me?

Same problem kinda… Something dosen’t feel right about forge world…

I’ve had problems with making things myself, what I would do is just keep trying when you feel in the mood to make, and then keep trying till you see if something works. I know even in Halo 3 that’d happen to me and I’d just keep trying till I could complete one. Maybe try forging with someone? 2 heads are better then one?

Hmmmmm maybe try to make areas from past Halo Campaigns as some areas were perfect for Multiplayer battles. Man I remember playing on Halo 2’s Cario Staion 4 player is the hanger betraying my friends making it a more like a slayer map.
But ultimately it’s up to you.

Is there a map that is laid out like Pac-Man? If there is, is it vertical or hotizontal?

> Is there a map that is laid out like Pac-Man? If there is, is it vertical or hotizontal?

I think there was one on Halo 3, but I’m not positive…

There was, yes. It was a Zombie gametype I think and the alpha zombie had was Yellow with a hammer.

vvv Ahhh forum sigs!

My brother made a bat cave :p, but what I want some one to make is like another air raid map, but one team starts on the ground in like a camp then they fly and grab the flag but try to make it similar to airaid make turrets you’d have to see the map…

Yeah I’ve had those problems before, Just stick to it I guess lol

Ever tried drawing your maps before making them? It might help.

You should first think about gametype you want to do and then make it a symetrical or asymitrical. Then, work on layout. After that place goodies and spawns. It should take around 4 days. Finis!

I don’t even know if I should forge anymore [make fun gametypes]… Forge is so broken! Yes broken. Try placing down active camo powerup or custom powerup. It will jerk down after you drop it. Try placing two weapons and make them minimum 1 and maximum 1. Dosen’t work! Reverts back to maximum 2. Other things prevented me from ‘‘fixing’’ my relic interior. There might be a way to fix it but I still don’t know… It’s full of glitches and bugs.

I tried sketching out a map at one time, thought it was brilliant, when I got home it wouldn’t work, and now I’m sad. I have a couple other maps planned but they’ll probably require help, as I’m bad at this.

What if we had a Pillar of Autumn interior map?

when im forging and i come across a bit i cant do properly with the pieces i have i just go mad and make it as crazy as possible. from a bride to a maze that shoots u across the map lol

There is something that I don’t really get bored of doing in forge: Houses

> when im forging and i come across a bit i cant do properly with the pieces i have i just go mad and make it as crazy as possible. from a bride to a maze that shoots u across the map lol

You make brides? (O_o)

> There is something that I don’t really get bored of doing in forge: Houses

lol, the generic collapsable house from Bad Company should totally be a forge object.

You should forge with a friend to help and exchange ideas.

> What if we had a Pillar of Autumn interior map?

I made a Pillar of Autumn map with interior and exterior, it wasnt a exact copy of the original, more inspired by the original. I’d post a link but I’m not sure if its against the rules or not?

if you want to have a look just search for Pillar of Autumn 2.0, you wont be disapointed, I promise!

I don’t have much of a problem with that. Of course don’t spend a lot of time on forge anyway. I can’t garrenty that these hints will help, (Or that you already know em.) but hopefully they do help.

Hint 1: (Forge World) Try and see if you can take advantage of the large water space, who know what you can come up with.
Hint 2: (Forge World) There are different spots of the canyon’s cliffs that you can build.
Hint 3: (Forge World) Flat building blocks are very useful, turn them into bridges, floors, walls, or some other creative.
Hint 4: (Halo 3: Mythic) If you are having trouble with Halo: Reach, give Halo 3 a shot, espacialy in sandbox where you have a gigantic, hidden underground area.
Hint 5: ?

I’ll try to update my if I can. Hopefully I can come up with some more useful hints.