Need help with Suppressor

Ok, my main weapon in Halo 4 is the Storm Rifle. (Wicked gun, miss the Plasma Rifle though ;-:wink: My 2nd main is the Suppressor. Lately I’ve found out (Besides the fact that the Battle Rifle is OP and OU LOL) that the Suppressor does literally almost zero damage unless you are point blank, in which it kills very fast.

What are you guys thoughts on the Suppressor? Any help on what secondary/grenade/armor ability/tactical package/other thing I should use with it?

Most importantly, how do I use this thing?

My thoughts on it? It’s not properly balance and I sadly doubt 343i will fix the remaining problems with the game.

Got to be really close range and even then… maybe drawing them with q regeneration field? I feel it was better before. Due to it’s Nerf, it’s really bad.

I’m working on mastering it currently, and my current loadout is something like-

Suppressor (duh)
Magnum (need to increase our reach)
Pulse Grenade (good in CQC, and another commendation I’m working on)
Active Camo (lets us ambush more effectively)
AA Efficiency (lets us abuse AC to the max)
Dexterity (becuase the Suppresor burns through mags FAST)

Ricochet is working well for scoring kills so far.

The only way to kick -Yoink- with the Suppressor is by getting close enough to kiss them, however, when you are close enough to kiss them, they are almost powerless to defeat you.

The Suppressor outclasses everything else at close-close range, except for the Boltshot.

The suppressor is not the greatest weapon in Halo 4. Sure, it can kill very fast up close but if you’re playing decent players (or even half decent players), getting close enough will be very difficult. Not to mention that the suppressor will likely deal no damage during high latency games since it is not hitscan and has terrible muzzle velocity.

I would recommend setting up a class for close quarters, and more importantly for getting into close quarters. Try using mobility, recharge and thruster pack.

I used mobility + dexterity, and played a lot of Rumble Pit. Focus on listening for a battle, and then try to rush in and steal the kill. Once you engage, keep rushing forward - it increases your advantage and makes it harder for them.

good luck. that is the most annoying gun to use in the game. you have ore guts than i do sir :slight_smile:

> good luck. that is the most annoying gun to use in the game. you have ore guts than i do sir :slight_smile:

Plasma Pistol way more annoying.

I agree though it it up there. Good luck, you’ve got some good ideas so far. I mastered most of my weapons in Rumble Pit. I didn’t have a lot of positive success with the weapon, and I didn’t want my team to suffer for it. I never felt right about working on weapon commendations to the detriment of the win.

I’m working on the suppressor myself at the moment. I’ve had some success using it in KotH but it is damn hard to use. Rumble pit is where it really seems to shine, mopping up weakened combatants at close range.

The Suppressor isn’t hard to use when playing Ricochet, try there. Most people are focused on that ball, so there are plenty CQC opportunities.

Having mastered all of the commendations in Halo 4, I have to say that the best way to max out any gun is to(obviously) use it the way it is supposed to be used. As such, I have to say every Automatic loadout weapon is best used as a close range backup to your Precision rifle of choice. I actually prefer Automatics to Boltshots for my close range backup.

Basically I ran around with my BR or CC as usual and when someone got too close, out came the Automatic, such as the Suppressor. This works well for the commendation and still allows you to perform well, so the raging is reduced quite a bit. This technique works even better since the weapon TU, with Automatics being much more viable. I mastered my weapon commendations about a month before the weapon TU, so it was much harder when I did it.

And a few tips for the Suppressor specifically: you want to be about just outside Boltshot range at max distance, and you will often have to lead your shots a bit due to the slow projectile speed. As I implied above, using Firepower for this with a Precision rifle to keep you effective at mid range and beyond along with Ammo to get more kills will go a long way with the Suppressor as far as perks go. I cannot recommend any particular Armor Ability, but I will say you will want to be aggresive on pushing into close range while using cover to get you there. With Firepower, you will want to think of the Suppressor as your close range defense weapon like most think of the Bolshot.

I hope that helps.
-SMARTAN 427

its a cqc (close quarters combat) weapon. i would say for medium-long range targets, fire in short bursts of 1-2 rounds. it works with the assault rifle.

> its a cqc (close quarters combat) weapon. i would say for medium-long range targets, fire in short bursts of 1-2 rounds. it works with the assault rifle.

With this weapon? Not really.

> > its a cqc (close quarters combat) weapon. i would say for medium-long range targets, fire in short bursts of 1-2 rounds. it works with the assault rifle.
>
> With this weapon? Not really.

Yeah, gotta agree there. That works for the AR really well and the SR somewhat, but not the suppressor at all.

The suppressor just blows. I started trying to qualify on it, but I have suspended my efforts (perhaps permanently). It just wasn’t fun to do. Kind of like the PP - not fun.

I don’t commonly use it, but In general, stay indoors. You can control buildings if you know your way around them.
-Avoid corridors. Just about every other weapon has a longer range than the suppressor, so don’t let them use that advantage.
-Stick to rooms with a lot of visual and movement impairing obstacles and work your way in close to the enemy.
-Keep moving and pushing toward them. Climb to drop down on them if you can, even for a short distance. This is a very disorienting weapon for your opponent to deal with. That shower of whatever is coming out of the end of your barrel will cause enemies to run backwards while trying to fight back.
-Dexterity is you friend
-(Very personal preference, so ignore if you don’t agree) Reload when they start to fight back AFTER you’ve began your attack. Might sound weird, but I’ve found that the full magazine in unescapable at close range. (This typically doesn’t work against the BR anymore or anyone that can effectively use the pistol)
-ALWAYS have an escape route if things go bad. Your pistol will finish them off once they start to follow you.

Hope this helps. As I said, I’m no “pro” with this weapon, put this is actually my friend’s primary and these are the tactics he uses.
(Also, controlling a building is a lot different than camping it out in a predictable spot. Camping will backfire at some point, but controlling the building gives and your team a huge advantage in any fight [your building can be a good fall back point for your team to regroup if it really comes down to it]).

a lot of good points made in the responses to this post, but as was stated before, you absolutely do NOT want to burst-fire this weapon. The description for it says that its an “increasing rate of fire” which means the longer you hold that trigger the more projectiles will find their mark. My stats on it might be low but it’s definitely my favorite full-auto weapon in H4’s lineup. Just keep working on it, but make sure you keep a mid/long-range weapon as a backup for those times where the enemy is outside the suppressor’s range, and stick to using it in close range, tight-quarters situations

> The only way to kick -Yoink!- with the Suppressor is by getting close enough to kiss them, however, when you are close enough to kiss them, they are almost powerless to defeat you.
>
> The Suppressor outclasses everything else at close-close range, except for the Boltshot.

you forgetting the shotgun?

> > The only way to kick -Yoink!- with the Suppressor is by getting close enough to kiss them, however, when you are close enough to kiss them, they are almost powerless to defeat you.
> >
> > The Suppressor outclasses everything else at close-close range, except for the Boltshot.
>
> you forgetting the shotgun?

Not just the shotgun…

^^^
I would imagine Andycu5 was refering to loadout weapons, not power weapons.

Don’t have much experience with this weapon, but I would probably try to lure in enemies.