Need help with Spartan Strike crashes

Thought I’d play Spartan Strike since it’s the only Halo game I have yet to play and it’s a good reason to use my laptop for gaming. I’m loving it, but there’s one thing that makes this game one of the toughest Halo games ever made: it crashes after literally every mission. I’m still on Operation A and I’ve played A-1 through A-5 no less than 4 times apiece simply because the game crashes at the “Mission Accomplished” screen. Yet another good game filled with game-breaking bugs. Ridiculous.

Does anyone have some tips to get this technical nightmare to behave? I have tried not having any Ops completed during the course of the run that I intend to complete. That seemed to be an issue someone mentioned online. It worked for one mission and now that technique is not working anymore. I’m running Windows 10.

EDIT (Sept. 4, 2019): Completed this game a little while ago. Thought I’d come back here and make a note of how I got it to run since this is yet another game where the players have the burden of making things work rather than the devs whose job it is to do so.

I played offline, ie., disconnected from WiFi. If you want to use Airplane Mode, that’s fine too. Every few levels or after unlocking an achievement (so basically, periodically), I would exit the game, turn on WiFi, and then restart the game so my data would sync with the cloud. Then, I turned WiFi off again and continued playing. Repeat this loop until you are done with the game. I played with a controller obviously since that’s more fun to play with anyway. However, I don’t think input method should have any effect on game stability.

Great game marred by a terrible bug. Hopefully, this mini guide can help you enjoy Spartan Strike!

Unfortunately I have not come across any fixes. I managed to get through the game despite the crashes. I’m on a laptop and my placebo was moving closer to the router and connecting a controller instead of using touch controls. Somehow the crashes were less frequent after these adjustments, but they were still annoying.

> 2533274823470699;2:
> Unfortunately I have not come across any fixes. I managed to get through the game despite the crashes. I’m on a laptop and my placebo was moving closer to the router and connecting a controller instead of using touch controls. Somehow the crashes were less frequent after these adjustments, but they were still annoying.

Hey, thanks for the pointers. I have nearly finished the game. What I did was turn off Wi-Fi on my laptop and that has so far prevented any crashes at the end of missions. I periodically turn it back on to allow my save file to sync with Xbox Live. I’ll give your suggestion a shot though because repeatedly connecting and disconnecting is frustrating.

> 2533274824050480;3:
> > 2533274823470699;2:
> > Unfortunately I have not come across any fixes. I managed to get through the game despite the crashes. I’m on a laptop and my placebo was moving closer to the router and connecting a controller instead of using touch controls. Somehow the crashes were less frequent after these adjustments, but they were still annoying.
>
> Hey, thanks for the pointers. I have nearly finished the game. What I did was turn off Wi-Fi on my laptop and that has so far prevented any crashes at the end of missions. I periodically turn it back on to allow my save file to sync with Xbox Live. I’ll give your suggestion a shot though because repeatedly connecting and disconnecting is frustrating.

Happy to help. I like your idea better. I thought the crashes were most likely attributable to syncing with Live. Here’s to hoping the top-down shooters get a tune up sometime soon!

I just finished last night. I couldn’t play on airplane mode because that would turn off the wireless controller adaptor on my laptop. The only thing I can think of is turning on airplane mode as soon as I get on the hornet and wait til I get to the results screen