NEED help with aiming settings!

My aiming seems to have some small level of assist that I cant seem to turn off!

Example: Playing the new spartan ops this morning and I grab a turret, rip it off its mounting and starting laying into covies, game on! I am shooting an elite that is in the middle distance when another elite, who is much closer, runs across my aiming reticule from right to left and the aiming reticule followed him of its own free will.

This isnt the first time this has happened and it left me aiming at neither of them for no fault of my own. It’s really starting to grind my gears and I cant seem to get it turned all the way off.

Is their some pain in the -Yoink- setting I’ve missed or is this stupid aim assist permanently on for certain difficulty settings (i was on the matchmaking auto setting not legendary)???

Help is needed and appreciated

This isn’t something you can turn off.
It happens in matchmaking too.

If you are shooting somebody and their team-mates moves through your reticule, it will drag your reticule.

Even if you manage to re-aim at Spartan-A, they probably got a little bit of a head start on you, and if you decide to start popping shots at spartan-B then, it’s a 2v1 and you haven’t taken out either by the time they kill you.

…all to true and has been that way for years.

There is a huge amount of aim assist in Halo 4!

A small amount of aim assist is necessary for console fps however nothing like there is in Halo 4.

> There is a huge amount of aim assist in Halo 4!
>
> A small amount of aim assist is necessary for console fps however nothing like there is in Halo 4.

It depends on a game’s mechanics, a players prefence etc. etc.
I think Halo 4’s is a bit too much but I don’t know if any game ever get’s it “perfect”

The way you know it’s too much is because it’s NOTICABLE, this sort of aim assist should be largely unnoticed and work more in the background than flat-out grabbing your screen and shaking it up a bit.

> My aiming seems to have some small level of assist that I cant seem to turn off!
>
> Example: Playing the new spartan ops this morning and I grab a turret, rip it off its mounting and starting laying into covies, game on! I am shooting an elite that is in the middle distance when another elite, who is much closer, runs across my aiming reticule from right to left and the aiming reticule followed him of its own free will.
>
> This isnt the first time this has happened and it left me aiming at neither of them for no fault of my own. It’s really starting to grind my gears and I cant seem to get it turned all the way off.
>
> Is their some pain in the -Yoink!- setting I’ve missed or is this stupid aim assist permanently on for certain difficulty settings (i was on the matchmaking auto setting not legendary)???
>
> Help is needed and appreciated

Can’t tell if serious.

> <mark>There is a huge amount of aim assist in Halo 4</mark>!
>
> A small amount of aim assist is necessary for console fps however nothing like there is in Halo 4.

Indeed, the only other game for the 360 i can think of that allso has insane amount of aim assist is the Arena shooter Nexuiz. But at least in that game we have the option to turn it on and off.

So I just gotta suck it up. Thnx anyway

There should be much less in H4 than there is.

It just dilutes the game and makes it quite… sterile.