Need help understanding, please.

Hello folks! My doubles partner and I were trying to figure out why we were placed in different divisions. We played all ten games together going 6-4. Our stats were as follows…
Him: Kills-89. Deaths-97. Assists-49.
Rank- Diamond

Me: Kills-115. Deaths-92. Assists-36.
Rank- Platinum

We were just curious as to how it figures out who goes where. It’s done this for each playlist that we play together. Arena he is diamond and I am platinum. But Slayer I am diamond and he is platinum. If anyone could shed some light that would be helpful. Thank you in advanced.

if you played higher/lower ranked people i am sure that has to do with it as well

if he killed more higher ranked people he probably had that going for him

in FFA slayer i ranked diamond never winning a match but came in second against a few diamonds and platinums so i think this has something to do with it

Maybe shot efficiency? I do not know. Just guessing.

That’s a good question and unless 343 releases more details on their system then we can only speculate. They have said the system is win/loss only and nothing else, but since you and your partner played the same games together I think this disproves that. Perhaps it is (and probably must be) performance based when it is a complete and total tie between two players.

I was under the impression that your first 10 matches are based on how you do regardless of wins/loses. Then once you get ranked its soley wins/loses.

> 2533274812650916;4:
> They have said the system is win/loss only and nothing else, but since you and your partner played the same games together I think this disproves that.

My friends and I played our placement matches in…Arena? Slayer? One of them, and we got put in different divisions. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Obviously those assists dude, your friend is a better teammate. lol, just joking.

Thanks folks. We looked back through our games and all of them but two were against other people playing placement matches. The other two were against diamond/platinum pairs. One of those we won and the other we lost. Just wish we could figure out what goes into deciding it. In Slayer, our group of four got placed as Diamond, Platinum, Platinum, Gold. The Gold we can understand because the guy is not the best. He can maybe slide out 5-7 kills. But the rest of us take turns placing 1-3 on our team. And it’s usually a kill or two that separates us.