Need help to improve, please

Hello Halo Community!
I just came here to share a thread I’m having the last days.
Well, some days ago I ask a friend of mine how could I improve in Halo 5 multiplayer. He is pretty good, he has even played the Halo WC until he got eliminated, but it’s still amazing. The point is that he told me that I should go with Sensitivity 5 (I used to be 3) and with Bumper Jumper (I used to use the default one).
Over the last 3 days I have to say that I found myself pretty good with sensitivity on 5, but not good at all with Bumper Jumper. I feel confortable with Default, but now I’m discussing with myself which one is “better”. It’s true that with Bumper Jumper you have some advantages, but now I’m with the problem of: 1. Try to get Bumper Jumper and be better or… 2. Stay with Default and have fun?
I say this because I’m not finding the game so fun with other settings, and now I don’t know what could I do. Try more with Bumper Jumper or stay with my settings?
Thanks for read!
Edit: Someone who has changued his control settings can tell me how much time has it taken?

> 1. Try to get Bumper Jumper and be better or… 2. Stay with Default and have fun?

Why not combine Bumper Jumper and have fun? I got used to it pretty quickly and it’s quite helpful so I’d recommend staying with it.

> 2533275016942754;2:
> > 1. Try to get Bumper Jumper and be better or… 2. Stay with Default and have fun?
>
>
> Why not combine Bumper Jumper and have fun? I got used to it pretty quickly and it’s quite helpful so I’d recommend staying with it.

So you have changued your controls to Bumper Jumper? How much time has it taken to you to get with the controls?

Use whatever is comfortable for you.

i love bumper jumper though…

> 2533274885566464;3:
> > 2533275016942754;2:
> > > 1. Try to get Bumper Jumper and be better or… 2. Stay with Default and have fun?
> >
> >
> > Why not combine Bumper Jumper and have fun? I got used to it pretty quickly and it’s quite helpful so I’d recommend staying with it.
>
>
> So you have changued your controls to Bumper Jumper? How much time has it taken to you to get with the controls?

Play a few hours of campaign. Thats all it takes.

Go with whatever floats your boat. As long as you feel comfortable with one setting and preform well, then that is the one for you.
I have been using default for a long time and I might stay that way for a bit, as I tried bumper jumper and got insta-rekt for a while.
Play around with the controls, see what fits your style. If you want to improve on bumper jumper go for it, or if you preform better on default and have fun then stick with it.
Edit: Or better yet, merge controls if you want the aspects from both settings as stated above.

well here is my opinion…-Yoink- the 5 sensitivity…I and most friends (at least my decent friends) use 3 and agree its the best…as far as Bumper jumper goes it is by far the best setup you can use…you have the ability to always have you thumb on the right stick which is HUGE…all in all put your sensitivity back to 3 and learn to play Bumper jumper.

Bumper jumper.

In regards to sensitivity I used to go with 2 while learning to keep my aim on spot. Then increased it to a 3 and let it be there. The advanced controller configurations surfaced a month or so after that. I tried out the “beta settings” for acceleration. By default that is a three and in the beta it was set on two. With sensitivity 3 and acceleration 2 the controls felt sluggish so I increased the sensitivity to a 4 and now I’ve hit at sweet spot! This is what works best for me.

I’ve always played Halo on default settings. But I’ve also spent money on controllers that can be configured. Here’s the sweet thing with Xbox One. You can do button remaps through the accessories app. So if you need to find a new button placement you can do it through there and still stick with the default setting. I bought the Elite controller and put jump and crouch on paddles. Which is awesome! It has improved my gameplay a lot. If you can afford it, buy it and find a custom configuration that lets you play on default and still offer the flexibility of bumper jumper.

I prefer recon because classic default is best default.
Sensitivity set between 5-8 with the momentum set to 1-2

However, preferences are purely subjective and may or may not improve your skills. What you should learn is just to take on your enemies. Maybe explore a bit in campaign to see what the most effective way to take on your enemies while also judging what weapons work at appropriate ranges.
-Never use the AR/SMG in mid-range or longer
-the pistol is incredibly good in skilled hands but it is harder to master so replace it with a br/dmr if you get the chance
-when shields are still up, aim for the mass, you’re more likely to hit. Then try to place a headshot when the shields are ready to pop.
-know when to dodge with the booster
-remember to use cover
-dont run when your shields are down, its not worth the risk, let them charge.
-crouching makes you much slower, but the stealth factor makes it great for getting around enemies unnoticed. (Especially on Apex when theyre all on the spire.)
-Vehicles are your friends. But also remember if youre playing warzone to spawn at your home base, if you spawn in the garage or fortress, there’s always a chance you’ll be hijacked as soon as you spawn.
-Always be on on the move. If you kill several enemies in the same spot, they may come looking for you
-spartan charging is great for a quick and aggressive offensive
-ground pound is great for protecting from an upper floor or level

So it seems that I should keep trying with Bumper Jumper

I’ve been using Recon for some time now on all Halo games. My reflex has memorized the settings so much that it’s been a hassle trying to use other settings. I have practiced with different control settings, but during battle, my reflexes take over because that’s what I’m used to. My advice, try them all, use whats natural for you and stick with it.