Need Help on Getting Better

Title pretty much says it all. I’m SR 146, but have been incredibly casual. I need some simple tips for improving skill. Anything helps, from changing setup to practicing certain playlists. Thanks :slight_smile:

Try messing around with your settings until you find something you like. That’s all I can say. I know Luke TheNotable(YouTube) does a lot of Halo 5 tips for getting better.

Play a lot of ranked that’s the only way to become better

> 2533274842302174;3:
> Play a lot of ranked that’s the only way to become better

Doing FFA, should I be focusing on something else?

Ff

> 2535440577662645;4:
> > 2533274842302174;3:
> > Play a lot of ranked that’s the only way to become better
>
> Doing FFA, should I be focusing on something else?

FFA HCS any ranked playlist is good to become better

I said earlier today to someone else, start with swat to help train your aim and precision, then move on to slayer. Then other arena modes, hop on to fiesta to get a grip of the the many, many weapons, then lastly find your self battling it out on warzone. Additional training in custom games is advised.

As mastergamer015 said above me, going into SWAT to nail down your precision (and team coordination) is a good starting point. There are a few spawn camps that occur on some forge maps, but feel free to rage every now and again if you like; just dont rage quit.

Once you’re nailing SWAT start playing slayer game types to learn maps, pickups and call outs. Dont actively write them down and have fun. It’ll become natural. The next logical step would be to try different objective gamemodes like CTF, KotH and Oddball. Sadly only one of them is an offical gametype in Halo 5 so you’re gunna need to stick to CTF and Strongholds instead.

If you have 3 friends to team up with then I’d suggest it. My admitted lack of friends is one of the reasons you dont see me with a high rank in this game.

Practice strafing using your thrust and thrust canceling which is when you hold down the trigger before the thrust animation ends allowing you to shoot. And don’t forget to practice your aiming during this.

Thanks all. :slight_smile:

> 2533274972430429;6:
> I said earlier today to someone else, start with swat to help train your aim and precision, then move on to slayer. Then other arena modes, hop on to fiesta to get a grip of the the many, many weapons, then lastly find your self battling it out on warzone. Additional training in custom games is advised.

These are fantastic tips. I’m terrible I ranked. I might do this. I thought my old age was kicking in against these youngins