Need help confirming something about 4

Ok my friend doesn’t believe me and I need confirmation from a 343 employee please. Are Spartan IV’s as this Halo 4 preview link suggest really regular soldiers not augmented who volunteered for the Spartan project? Yes or no would be nice. He is really stubborn and doesn’t believe a word of it.

I guess? I haven’t heard 343 say anything, but I guess these guys did.

I’m not sure where the whole unaugmented thing comes from. If they weren’t augmented they would be crushed under the force of their armor, unless of course it’s some new kind of armor. But that would really take away the specialness of Spartans.

He said because it wasn’t in quotations and a review he won’t believe it unless 343 comes out and says it. The thing is it was a review with three 343 employees. As I said he is really stubborn.

> I’m not sure where the whole unaugmented thing comes from. If they weren’t augmented they would be crushed under the force of their armor, unless of course it’s some new kind of armor. But that would really take away the specialness of Spartans.

This reminds me of something I was just talking about on Bungie.net.

well considering your name ross and the bungie.net user i have concluded you are said person. You stalking me bro?

Haha, not quite. I’ve been on and off these forums all day really. Saw this thread and went to see if I could help…

But it appears that I can’t. :wink:

o just tell him, by that logic then everything in the article is false cause it isn’t quoted…

Well hopefully 343 see’s this and tells us. Also for everybody else I think the suits are built differently. I mean it’s five years in the future I’m sure they have improved tech by a lot. Didn’t the Infinity have Forerunner tech installed on it if I remember correctly.

All spartans are augmented to a degree. The newest spartans are actually weaker than master chiefs group but still stronger than any human. This is what I remember from the books.

Edit: Also a lot of spartans didn’t volunteer… like the chief.

The thing is though the review said they weren’t augmented. People don’t like it when a developer lies. It discredits them and their game.

> All spartans are augmented to a degree. The newest spartans are actually weaker than master chiefs group but still stronger than any human. This is what I remember from the books.

It didn’t really say anything about that. In fact it didn’t really say anything, just that they were volunteers.
But yeah, having undergone monstrous training since the age of six, and decades of experience in war, I think Spartan-IIs are still the real deal when compared to S-IVs. Can’t really say it for sure though.

Posted: about a minute ago

I Play To Bag;651999 wrote:
All spartans are augmented to a degree. The newest spartans are actually weaker than master chiefs group but still stronger than any human. This is what I remember from the books.
It didn’t really say anything about that. In fact it didn’t really say anything, just that they were volunteers.
But yeah, having undergone monstrous training since the age of six, and decades of experience in war, I think Spartan-IIs are still the real deal when compared to S-VIs.

Srgt Johnson = Spartan II
Master Chief = Spartan III
Your character in Halo 4 = Spartan IV

Spartan III’s had the best augmentations. But ya every spartan has been augmented in some way.

> Posted: about a minute ago
>
> I Play To Bag;651999 wrote:
> All spartans are augmented to a degree. The newest spartans are actually weaker than master chiefs group but still stronger than any human. This is what I remember from the books.
> It didn’t really say anything about that. In fact it didn’t really say anything, just that they were volunteers.
> But yeah, having undergone monstrous training since the age of six, and decades of experience in war, I think Spartan-IIs are still the real deal when compared to S-VIs.
>
>
> Srgt Johnson = Spartan II
> Master Chief = Spartan III
> Your character in Halo 4 = Spartan IV
>
> Spartan III’s had the best augmentations. But ya every spartan has been augmented in some way.

might want to fix your post. Johnson was a spartan one, master chief 2, and noble 6 was three.

> > Posted: about a minute ago
> >
> > I Play To Bag;651999 wrote:
> > All spartans are augmented to a degree. The newest spartans are actually weaker than master chiefs group but still stronger than any human. This is what I remember from the books.
> > It didn’t really say anything about that. In fact it didn’t really say anything, just that they were volunteers.
> > But yeah, having undergone monstrous training since the age of six, and decades of experience in war, I think Spartan-IIs are still the real deal when compared to S-VIs.
> >
> >
> > Srgt Johnson = Spartan II
> > Master Chief = Spartan III
> > Your character in Halo 4 = Spartan IV
> >
> > Spartan III’s had the best augmentations. But ya every spartan has been augmented in some way.
>
> might want to fix your post. Johnson was a spartan one, master chief 2, and noble 6 was three.

Your right my bad, it’s been a while since i’ve thought about it lol

You’re welcome. Besides that didn’t the forerunners use level 12 combat skins in the origins videos? They didn’t look like they needed augments for them. Maybe, humanity has unlocked a bit of forerunner tech in the five years and it is being tested in the mark VII (I’m guessing it is Mark VII) suits. Didn’t the UNSC Infinity also have some forerunner tech in it as well?

> You’re welcome. Besides that didn’t the forerunners use level 12 combat skins in the origins videos? They didn’t look like they needed augments for them. Maybe, humanity has unlocked a bit of forerunner tech in the five years and it is being tested in the mark VII (I’m guessing it is Mark VII) suits. Didn’t the UNSC Infinity also have some forerunner tech in it as well?

Yep! The UNSC was incorporating as much Forerunner tech into Infinity as they could. It sounds like you have, but I figured I’d just ask anyway: have you read Halo: Glasslands? It provides some intriguing clues for Halo 4. :slight_smile:

@ ElusiveEagle

No but I want to. I know Halsey is in prison at the end and it is revealed there are Spartan IV’s but that is it. I have some other ideas of what will happen in 4 and one of them focus’s around Cortana. It’s out their but plausible.

> @ ElusiveEagle
>
> No but I want to. I know Halsey is in prison at the end and it is revealed there are Spartan IV’s but that is it. I have some other ideas of what will happen in 4 and one of them focus’s around Cortana. It’s out their but plausible.

I highly recommend that you read it! It not only fleshes out the greater Halo Universe (as well as provides clues for Halo 4), but it puts us inside the heads of several characters for a unique perspective.