Need advice (Multiplayer)

Hi,

Can you give me any advice on how get out of this 1.0 k/d “rut” I currently find myself in? Game history.

I’m not a “skilled” player and I solo queue, but is there anything I can do that would help me finish matches with more kills than deaths?

What normally happens is:
I get off to a good start, but then die more and more as the match progresses.

Thanks

I can help with alot but I might need to know a few things. :slight_smile:

  1. Do you own a microphone?
  2. How often do you play ARENA vs WARZONE? And is it ARENA Ranked or Social?

> 2533274873172929;2:
> I can help with alot but I might need to know a few things. :slight_smile:
>
> 1. Do you own a microphone?
> 2. How often do you play ARENA vs WARZONE? And is it ARENA Ranked or Social?

  1. Not ATM
  2. I play WZ more than Arena, but I’d like to be able to do well in Arena. I’m trying to get some practice in.

I’d say to keep going and eventually you’ll get there. There is some tips & trick that may help you improve your performance but…Are you being too aggressive? Are you trying to stick with your teammates or stay in line of sight? Do you know how the spawn system works? Do you know the weapon spawn?

Another thing is to not be too obsessed with the K/D thing. 1 is perfectly fine, and you’ll always be close to 1 if you are playing in your bracket against players with the same skill as you.

> 2533274872647908;4:
> I’d say to keep going and eventually you’ll get there. There is some tips & trick that may help you improve your performance but…Are you being too aggressive? Are you trying to stick with your teammates or stay in line of sight? Do you know how the spawn system works? Do you know the weapon spawn?
>
> Another thing is to not be too obsessed with the K/D thing. 1 is perfectly fine, and you’ll always be close to 1 if you are playing in your bracket against players with the same skill as you.

I may be playing too aggressive, the YouTubers like Vetoed do a lot of running around, and he seems to get loads of kills.:confused:

> 2533274872647908;4:
> I’d say to keep going and eventually you’ll get there. There is some tips & trick that may help you improve your performance but…Are you being too aggressive? Are you trying to stick with your teammates or stay in line of sight? Do you know how the spawn system works? Do you know the weapon spawn?
>
> Another thing is to not be too obsessed with the K/D thing. 1 is perfectly fine, and you’ll always be close to 1 if you are playing in your bracket against players with the same skill as you.

No such thing as being too “aggressive”… rather are you pushing too early or too late…

> 2533274870717152;3:
> > 2533274873172929;2:
> > I can help with alot but I might need to know a few things. :slight_smile:
> >
> > 1. Do you own a microphone?
> > 2. How often do you play ARENA vs WARZONE? And is it ARENA Ranked or Social?
>
> 1. Not ATM
> 2. I play WZ more than Arena, but I’d like to be able to do well in Arena. I’m trying to get some practice in.

To be honest about the WARZONE, it ain’t Halo… at least not the fundamental skills of what a Halo player should be… take out the spawnable REQ system and make controllable and holdable weapon and vehicle spawns etc. Then you have a Halo game mode akin to all, as it pertains to solid map control and proper coordination unlike REQ spamming. Now for instance, if you really want to develop in Arena I can teach you alot from there…

> 2533274873172929;6:
> > 2533274872647908;4:
> > I’d say to keep going and eventually you’ll get there. There is some tips & trick that may help you improve your performance but…Are you being too aggressive? Are you trying to stick with your teammates or stay in line of sight? Do you know how the spawn system works? Do you know the weapon spawn?
> >
> > Another thing is to not be too obsessed with the K/D thing. 1 is perfectly fine, and you’ll always be close to 1 if you are playing in your bracket against players with the same skill as you.
>
> No such thing as being too “aggressive”… rather are you pushing too early or too late…

I’m not sure, I try to hold areas of the map.

> 2533274870717152;5:
> > 2533274872647908;4:
> > I’d say to keep going and eventually you’ll get there. There is some tips & trick that may help you improve your performance but…Are you being too aggressive? Are you trying to stick with your teammates or stay in line of sight? Do you know how the spawn system works? Do you know the weapon spawn?
> >
> > Another thing is to not be too obsessed with the K/D thing. 1 is perfectly fine, and you’ll always be close to 1 if you are playing in your bracket against players with the same skill as you.
>
> I may be playing too aggressive, the YouTubers like Vetoed do a lot of running around, and he seems to get loads of kills.:confused:

To the unkeen eye alot of high level players “run around” but there running has purpose and a method, they know exactly where the enemy is spawning and how long they have till they engage in another battle, they know when to push and when not too etc. alot of that is unseen mental coordination and knowledge.

> 2533274870717152;5:
> > 2533274872647908;4:
> > I’d say to keep going and eventually you’ll get there. There is some tips & trick that may help you improve your performance but…Are you being too aggressive? Are you trying to stick with your teammates or stay in line of sight? Do you know how the spawn system works? Do you know the weapon spawn?
> >
> > Another thing is to not be too obsessed with the K/D thing. 1 is perfectly fine, and you’ll always be close to 1 if you are playing in your bracket against players with the same skill as you.
>
> I may be playing too aggressive, the YouTubers like Vetoed do a lot of running around, and he seems to get loads of kills.:confused:

Keep in mind these players skill are better than most of us.

Get a team if possible

if you start dieing a lot play more passive and back off challenges that you don’t feel confident on (especially 2v1 scenarios vs you)

if you start getting mad get off and cool it cuz playing mad most if most of the time makes you play stupid (I don’t mean you specifically, just anyone in general) and you don’t think straight

use a mode you don’t care about stats in to warm up your brain

stick to team mates cuz team shooting is a big part of this game

> 2533274872647908;10:
> > 2533274870717152;5:
> > > 2533274872647908;4:
> > > I’d say to keep going and eventually you’ll get there. There is some tips & trick that may help you improve your performance but…Are you being too aggressive? Are you trying to stick with your teammates or stay in line of sight? Do you know how the spawn system works? Do you know the weapon spawn?
> > >
> > > Another thing is to not be too obsessed with the K/D thing. 1 is perfectly fine, and you’ll always be close to 1 if you are playing in your bracket against players with the same skill as you.
> >
> > I may be playing too aggressive, the YouTubers like Vetoed do a lot of running around, and he seems to get loads of kills.:confused:
>
> Keep in mind these players skill are better than most of us.

I just find it strange that someone can get 10/3 fighting the same opponents as me.

> 2533274870717152;8:
> > 2533274873172929;6:
> > > 2533274872647908;4:
> > > I’d say to keep going and eventually you’ll get there. There is some tips & trick that may help you improve your performance but…Are you being too aggressive? Are you trying to stick with your teammates or stay in line of sight? Do you know how the spawn system works? Do you know the weapon spawn?
> > >
> > > Another thing is to not be too obsessed with the K/D thing. 1 is perfectly fine, and you’ll always be close to 1 if you are playing in your bracket against players with the same skill as you.
> >
> > No such thing as being too “aggressive”… rather are you pushing too early or too late…
>
> I’m not sure, I try to hold areas of the map.

Holding real estate is always a valuable asset and skill to have, however holding it too long, pertains to your team being constantly in a 3v4… which is not what you want. Realisitically holding real estate contributes to two things mainly:

  • Reducing Enemy Team Movement to Create Easier Collapsing Opportunities and Ease of Access to Power Weapons/Power Ups/Vehicles. (You should always be progressing forward even in your area to trap the enemy team ie Zoning) - Securing Spawn Locations to better Predict Enemy Spawning. (Only do this when enemy team has at least a single player dead… ie a player on spawn)

I know sometimes if I start off strong I get a little bit over aggressive and start missing key shots

This is just me but Im sure others might have the same issue

> 2533274923562209;11:
> Get a team if possible
>
> if you start dieing a lot play more passive and back off challenges that you don’t feel confident on (especially 2v1 scenarios vs you)
>
> if you start getting mad get off and cool it cuz playing mad most if most of the time makes you play stupid (I don’t mean you specifically, just anyone in general) and you don’t think straight
>
> use a mode you don’t care about stats in to warm up your brain
>
> stick to team mates cuz team shooting is a big part of this game

I try to “cover someone”, but it is quite difficult to coordinate with randoms.

> 2533274923562209;11:
> Get a team if possible
>
> if you start dieing a lot play more passive and back off challenges that you don’t feel confident on (especially 2v1 scenarios vs you)
>
> if you start getting mad get off and cool it cuz playing mad most if most of the time makes you play stupid (I don’t mean you specifically, just anyone in general) and you don’t think straight
>
> use a mode you don’t care about stats in to warm up your brain
>
> stick to team mates cuz team shooting is a big part of this game

Never play passive… such a bad habit to get into, very difficult to break. I believe he should be keeping that aggression but maneuvering it better.

> 2533274873172929;13:
> > 2533274870717152;8:
> > > 2533274873172929;6:
> > > > 2533274872647908;4:
> > > > I’d say to keep going and eventually you’ll get there. There is some tips & trick that may help you improve your performance but…Are you being too aggressive? Are you trying to stick with your teammates or stay in line of sight? Do you know how the spawn system works? Do you know the weapon spawn?
> > > >
> > > > Another thing is to not be too obsessed with the K/D thing. 1 is perfectly fine, and you’ll always be close to 1 if you are playing in your bracket against players with the same skill as you.
> > >
> > > No such thing as being too “aggressive”… rather are you pushing too early or too late…
> >
> > I’m not sure, I try to hold areas of the map.
>
> Holding real estate is always a valuable asset and skill to have, however holding it too long, pertains to your team being constantly in a 3v4… which is not what you want. Realisitically holding real estate contributes to two things mainly:
> - Reducing Enemy Team Movement to Create Easier Collapsing Opportunities and Ease of Access to Power Weapons/Power Ups/Vehicles. (You should always be progressing forward even in your area to trap the enemy team ie Zoning) - Securing Spawn Locations to better Predict Enemy Spawning. (Only do this when enemy team has at least a single player dead… ie a player on spawn)

That is what usually happens, I had a game recently were I covered the flag for most of the match, but we lost 2/1.

Here is a thread I made about development for people in your dilemna, lets redirect all these questions there as it would also help alot more people see them, and have a place for the documentation. :slight_smile:

> 2533274873172929;16:
> > 2533274923562209;11:
> > Get a team if possible
> >
> > if you start dieing a lot play more passive and back off challenges that you don’t feel confident on (especially 2v1 scenarios vs you)
> >
> > if you start getting mad get off and cool it cuz playing mad most if most of the time makes you play stupid (I don’t mean you specifically, just anyone in general) and you don’t think straight
> >
> > use a mode you don’t care about stats in to warm up your brain
> >
> > stick to team mates cuz team shooting is a big part of this game
>
> Never play passive… such a bad habit to get into, very difficult to break. I believe he should be keeping that aggression but maneuvering it better.

When I try to play passively, that’s normally when I die 10 times before getting 3 kills.

> 2533274870717152;15:
> > 2533274923562209;11:
> > Get a team if possible
> >
> > if you start dieing a lot play more passive and back off challenges that you don’t feel confident on (especially 2v1 scenarios vs you)
> >
> > if you start getting mad get off and cool it cuz playing mad most if most of the time makes you play stupid (I don’t mean you specifically, just anyone in general) and you don’t think straight
> >
> > use a mode you don’t care about stats in to warm up your brain
> >
> > stick to team mates cuz team shooting is a big part of this game
>
> I try to “cover someone”, but it is quite difficult to coordinate with randoms.

Agreed, I don’t sit next to them but I’ll keep say 3-4 “warthog lengths” away from them and watch their back as well as shoot at what they shoot at. I’m a very passive player who picks when to fight or when to back off if I’m by myself.

Another thing is use the best weapons fit in certain situations like using an AR in CQC range over a magnum as the AR WILL win so long as you don’t miss and don’t use the AR at longer range when you have precision weapons. This is one you prolly already know tho.