Need a team arena mode with vehicles because...

What happened to that side of Halo? I mean HCE, H2, H3 up to H4 team slayer had maps with vehicles here and there. Halo 5 though doesn’t include that except in BTB in social and Warzone.

I’d seriously love to have a team slayer arena in ranked mode with vehicles. Mostly the warthog/gauss, banshee/possibly hawk, scorpion tank and wraith. Don’t really need the mantis.

I miss -Yoinking!- vehicles damn it in a 4vs4 mode.

Arena - especially ranked - puts way more emphasis on complete and total balance than fun. Vehicles give a huge advantage to whoever’s driving, so they had to go. Ranked Arena also tends to take place in small, clean corridors, so no vehicles there. Basically, imagine the MLG playlists from previous games, but with some different weapons sometimes. That’s Halo 5 ranked.

> 2535424269849601;1:
> What happened to that side of Halo? I mean HCE, H2, H3 up to H4 team slayer had maps with vehicles here and there. Halo 5 though doesn’t include that except in BTB in social and Warzone.
>
> I’d seriously love to have a team slayer arena in ranked mode with vehicles. Mostly the warthog/gauss, banshee/possibly hawk, scorpion tank and wraith. Don’t really need the mantis.
>
> I miss -Yoinking!- vehicles damn it in a 4vs4 mode.

Ranked mode with ghosts and warthogs… RANKED MODE with ghosts and warthogs…

Yeah…No. imagine HCS or Arena with vehicles. Games would just come down to who has the vehicle, and balance would be thrown out the window. I’d be fine with it in social, but in ranked? I don’t see that happening.

If they ever brought it back, I think BTB Heavies would be your cup of tea. Watch some gameplay footage and you’ll get the idea.

Eh I’m ok with team arena not having any vehicles makes things more fair I still have nightmares of that one guy who is just a little to good with the banshee

> 2535462450434439;5:
> Eh I’m ok with team arena not having any vehicles makes things more fair I still have nightmares of that one guy who is just a little to good with the banshee

Banshee is destructive in Reach.
In 4, I once played a game of CTF where one guy kept getting Scorpions and camping our base. He got 102 Scorpion kills. And only 4 deaths.

> 2535422386455449;6:
> > 2535462450434439;5:
> > Eh I’m ok with team arena not having any vehicles makes things more fair I still have nightmares of that one guy who is just a little to good with the banshee
>
> Banshee is destructive in Reach.
> In 4, I once played a game of CTF where one guy kept getting Scorpions and camping our base. He got 102 Scorpion kills. And only 4 deaths.

Exactly now I love old halo but one thing I’m glad about halo 5 is them removing vehicles from arena. I was skeptical at first but I honestly prefer it this way

Vehicles are too nooby for ranked.

> 2535429593088083;4:
> If they ever brought it back, I think BTB Heavies would be your cup of tea. Watch some gameplay footage and you’ll get the idea.

Hopefully on some larger maps…dont even think you can manouver a vehicle on most of the Arena maps. Too small, too many places to hijack.
No where to run from a ghost either…nor a Gungoose.

It would be nice to have back. I remember using some vehicles on some the previous Halos.

Vehicles IMO don’t fit the 4v4 structure of gameplay. Especially with Halo 5’s map design (talking about the more open ones, the rest are just hallways), they wouldn’t serve that much of a place in that mode. I mean, sure it might be fun to drive around in a Warthog or something, but I can’t see the practicality of it in a mode with so few players. And don’t get me started on the ranked side. Basically, you want vehicles, go to playlists that have bigger team sizes.

Vehicles wouldn’t work on the current maps because they weren’t designed for them. A Banshee or Gauss Hog in slayer would be awful anyway. You might be able to get away with a Gungoose, but the maps would be limited.

And a tank in 4v4? Lol. CE had tanks, but those maps were basically BTB maps before official BTB existed.

> 2727626560040591;12:
> Vehicles wouldn’t work on the current maps because they weren’t designed for them. A Banshee or Gauss Hog in slayer would be awful anyway. You might be able to get away with a Gungoose, but the maps would be limited.
>
> And a tank in 4v4? Lol. CE had tanks, but those maps were basically BTB maps before official BTB existed.

Yeah I tried a bit of BTB when I was having a hard time (not that I really care about winning/losing that much aside from being real competitive sometimes) with arena slayer ranked and it was a lot of fun. They should really bring Blood Gulch back in BTB Halo 5. I miss that map. I much prefer scorpion tanks over the wraith tanks any day.

> 2535424269849601;13:
> > 2727626560040591;12:
> > Vehicles wouldn’t work on the current maps because they weren’t designed for them. A Banshee or Gauss Hog in slayer would be awful anyway. You might be able to get away with a Gungoose, but the maps would be limited.
> >
> > And a tank in 4v4? Lol. CE had tanks, but those maps were basically BTB maps before official BTB existed.
>
> Yeah I tried a bit of BTB when I was having a hard time (not that I really care about winning/losing that much aside from being real competitive sometimes) with arena slayer ranked and it was a lot of fun. They should really bring Blood Gulch back in BTB Halo 5. I miss that map. I much prefer scorpion tanks over the wraith tanks any day.

There’s honestly no excuse not to bring back Blood Gulch. Spoilers for RvB Season 15

When Dylan visits Sister, we see the classic Blood Gulch recreated in Halo 5, and we also see an extra, sandier Blood Gulch when the Reds and Blues meet the Blues and Reds.They just need to be put into matchmaking.

> 2535462450434439;5:
> Eh I’m ok with team arena not having any vehicles makes things more fair I still have nightmares of that one guy who is just a little to good with the banshee

sooo true…

Looks like the only mode offering that is Big Team Battle.

> 2535429593088083;4:
> If they ever brought it back, I think BTB Heavies would be your cup of tea. Watch some gameplay footage and you’ll get the idea.

Heaviiiiiieeeeees… The precursor to Warzone I bet heh. I loved Heavies in Reach, loved it in 4. It was ALL I ever played in 4 other than Action Sack. I’d love to see it in 5 too. It’d be like… Warzone, but without the AI and REQs.

Nowadays, at the very most there might be a ghost or mongoose.

While I agree that it sucks that 343i removed vehicles from Arena, just adding the vehicles that exist won’t work either. They are all WAYYYYYYYYY too powerful. First team to get a Banshee would win 99% of matches.

The sandbox needs to be balanced with vehicles in mind from the start. To me it feels like Halo 5 was balanced around 4v4, and then they added vehicles on top of that. They just don’t feel good, even in bigger game types like Warzone.

> 2535422386455449;14:
> There’s honestly no excuse not to bring back Blood Gulch.

I’ll give some excuses: Bullet mag, aim assist, RRR and it’s played out.

Open maps aren’t good in this current weapon sandbox. Viking is a good example since they had to redo it because of that. If they did bring it back, it would have to be drastically altered so it’s not just target practice for the better team. Also, I’m kind of tired of Blood Gulch. I’ll be for it in H6, but let it rest for now.