Nazi Flood

I shudder at the thought of bringing up Call of Duty here but I’ll give it a shot.

Call of Duty: World at War brought -Yoink!- Zombies into many gamers homes. It was a fun, addicting mini game that took the games weapon sandbox and allowed the player to continually blast away at a never ending foe.

The Flood is a perfect never ending foe. A game type that pit 4 players against waves of increasing numbers, difficulty, and variety of Flood forms would be a great addition and provide a nice break from multiplayer match making.

The personalities of the characters could be established in Campaign so their comments during gameplay further enhance the players connection with these characters.

I like Firefight but playing against smart, slow enemies with weapons and vehicles is different from fighting fast hordes of mindless Flood zombies looking to tear you apart with their bare hands.

When did the flood become Nazis?

>

I believe the guy that came up with -Yoink!- Zombies works at 343 now, so who knows what is possible. I am not saying he will do what he has done before. I am merely saying that I hope FF does improve, GoW’s Horde 2.0 looks amazing if it plays as good as it seems to, I hope Halo takes a few cues from it and other games to improve on an already great FF system.

(My earlier post may be a might confusing. All I am saying is that I hope FF continues to improve)

I want that powerfull flood force.

> >
>
> I believe the guy that came up with -Yoink!- Zombies works at 343 now

What what what?!?! This is the best news I have heard in days. My expectations for Halo 4 have just been raised.

I played GoW 2’s Horde mode quite a bit and enjoyed it. Halo, Cod, GoW all have good approaches to their respective horde modes but there is something primally frightening about an enemy that will run into gunfire for a chance to do you harm, zombies, or in Halo’s case Flood zombies.

> > >
> >
> > I believe the guy that came up with -Yoink!- Zombies works at 343 now
>
> What what what?!?! This is the best news I have heard in days. My expectations for Halo 4 have just been raised.

Yeah me too, hopefully he helps.

> What what what?!?! This is the best news I have heard in days. My expectations for Halo 4 have just been raised.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/thejessesnyder

“-Yoink!- Zombies” has become more “Survival Zombies” since the Zombies are more than just -Yoink!- Zombies.

But the problem with The Flood being in a “Survival Zombies” mode like what Treyarch’s CoD installments has is that a lot of The Flood shoot back at you, so unless the more advanced Flood Forms are like “special enemies”, a Flood Survival Mode would have to be more like Horde Mode, or even Firefight.

Would be fun. I still want The Flood to be depicted like Necromorphs are. They’re pretty much the same thing. You thought The Flood was scary, now put them in an atmosphere like Dead Space.

> “-Yoink!- Zombies” has become more “Survival Zombies” since the Zombies are more than just -Yoink!- Zombies.
>
> But the problem with The Flood being in a “Survival Zombies” mode like what Treyarch’s CoD installments has is that a lot of The Flood shoot back at you, so unless the more advanced Flood Forms are like “special enemies”, a Flood Survival Mode would have to be more like Horde Mode, or even Firefight.
>
> Would be fun. I still want The Flood to be depicted like Necromorphs are. They’re pretty much the same thing. You thought The Flood was scary, now put them in an atmosphere like Dead Space.

Just like there were dog rounds in CoD zombies, there could be special rounds with unique Flood forms. I don’t see the Flood being able to fire weapons as a problem. It’s not like GoW where they will be taking cover and trying to flank you. It would just cause the player to prioritize which forms to kill first. As rounds increase the number of weapon carrying forms could increase. I see the weaponless Flood forms being in the vast majority.

If one of your team mates go down, a Flood form should stop and take the weapon that the downed team mate was holding, look at it quizically then use it against the remaining players. “Oh no they have a Rocket Launcher. Look out.”

By like Dead Space you mean dark, tight corridors where things pop out at you? I haven’t played it but that’s what it looked like in previews. If so I agree.

> “-Yoink!- Zombies” has become more “Survival Zombies” since the Zombies are more than just -Yoink!- Zombies.
>
> But the problem with The Flood being in a “Survival Zombies” mode like what Treyarch’s CoD installments has is that a lot of The Flood shoot back at you, so unless the more advanced Flood Forms are like “special enemies”, a Flood Survival Mode would have to be more like Horde Mode, or even Firefight.
>
> Would be fun. I still want The Flood to be depicted like Necromorphs are. They’re pretty much the same thing. You thought The Flood was scary, now put them in an atmosphere like Dead Space.

Fix that with a “No Weapons” option.

Thats just silly.

I wouldn’t call it -Yoink!- Flood, but Flood firefight would be pretty cool.

Floodfight has been talked about before, I can remember as far as Reach when people kept asking for it. Hopefully the secret new addition to FF will be Flood

And to be fair: I’ll admit this: WaW was my favorite CoD by far.

> > “-Yoink!- Zombies” has become more “Survival Zombies” since the Zombies are more than just -Yoink!- Zombies.
> >
> > But the problem with The Flood being in a “Survival Zombies” mode like what Treyarch’s CoD installments has is that a lot of The Flood shoot back at you, so unless the more advanced Flood Forms are like “special enemies”, a Flood Survival Mode would have to be more like Horde Mode, or even Firefight.
> >
> > Would be fun. I still want The Flood to be depicted like Necromorphs are. They’re pretty much the same thing. You thought The Flood was scary, now put them in an atmosphere like Dead Space.
>
> Fix that with a “No Weapons” option.

There could be a “No Weapons” option, a “Melee Weapons Only” option, or “Fiesta Flood”.

I would like flood firefight to replace or supplement normal firefight but there doesn’t need to be any stupid guns on walls system like in CoD

> And to be fair: I’ll admit this: WaW was my favorite CoD by far.

That makes two of us. =D

But I’m actually kind of glad the Flood aren’t in FireFight, I just flat out dislike battling them. Although, I wouldn’t mind if they made an appearance, though.

> I would like flood firefight to replace or supplement normal firefight but there doesn’t need to be any stupid guns on walls system like in CoD

How would you allow the player to get new weapons, if not buying them off the wall? Would there be a mystery box? ; )

Well first of all the flood accept everyone and nazis are pretty selective from what i hear…jk. But flood in firefight could be good and bad. I hate fighting them. But having a flood round maybe wouldnt be so bad. Variety is always nice.

I say yes. -Yoink!- zombies is by far my favorite swarm mode (though admittedly, I haven’t played many >.>), I’d love to see it with flood. Yes, guns on the wall and everything.

Hmm, anyone else a little surprised that -Yoink!- isn’t censored?

Anyway, I would quite like the Flood to make an appearance in Firefight. They would be challenging, given how they love to rush, but also dangerous at range, especially on higher difficulties.