Nav mesh problem

so i made a cliff map and the navmesh is having issues generating, i used a few seeds to force it to work but, nothing, help plz and thx!

fixed it, surround the map with nav cutters

Nice! Cool u got it to work. I’m having the same problem. Did u outline the whole map with cutters including the rocks or how did u get it working. I’m having trouble. And how/when do u use seeds? What does that do?

1 Like

so just the ground, and use the boundary size to make it work

I’m still having the issue where I’ll place down the seeds and the nav mesh just fails every time it doesn’t even spawn in I’m not sure if it’s because of the terrain I used of what but it’s getting on my nerves tbh

2 Likes

Im having this problem too. Ive tried various ideas like using some of the pathing tools and surrounding the map with nav cutters, and I’ve still not had any luck getting a nav mesh. Im not sure what I’m doing wrong or what is off with my map. my biggest concern is that I messed up somewhere with the terrain and Ill have to take apart the entire match to figure out what went wrong. Hopefully it is just something small that I’m overlooking.

1 Like

Yeah, ive made an all indoors level and surrounded it with cutters and it is essentially all flat but it still won’t work.

A cool feature would be if it told you why it failed because i think i have a pretty routine area.

Perhaps it is none of our faults and it is a bug.

I’m on Mires if it makes any difference.

1 Like

Mine is also on Mires. I wonder if that has something to do with it

2 Likes

So, I pasted my map over to a couple of the other map canvases and got the nav mesh to work. So I think it might actually be an issue with the Mires canvas.

2 Likes

I’m disappointed my map doesn’t work but I’m glad we may have possibly got down to the bottom of this. I will put a ticket in though I assume they are already aware.

1 Like

Just checking the obvious:
For those still not succeeding:
Are you doing the “Generate Nav Mesh” step?

You can’t just place the seeds and cutters…you also have to “generate” it for it to all come together.

1 Like

yes, this is where we are running into the “failed to generate nav mesh” issue

You don’t have to surround it. Just cut off the section where the map is open. It’ll kinda act like an invis wall. I did it with my rats nest remake. Just ran a cutter on the open side and nav mesh worked. I’m really impressed with nav mesh. I for sure thought I was going to have to nav cutter the entire map.

1 Like

My latest map, Hidden Crags, is set on the Mire Canvas, and any areas where the floor area is joined to the canvas floor outside the map needed to have a nav cutter on them. My map is a sealed canyon, but I had a small gap in one of the rock formations which enabled players to crawl out of the map, once I put a nav cutter over that gap it all worked ok as far as I can tell. I plugged the gap later anyway, but the navmesh worked even before that.

1 Like