Nation's Flag Weapon Skins

I think 343 should add national flag weapon skins to the mix. America, Mexico, UK, Australia, maybe France.

As for timing, I think it would at least be great for them to break out some Merica skins next week (given the inauguration).

What do you guys think?

No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO

> 2533274815533909;2:
> No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Sorry but this isn’t Call of duty and as much as I like the idea I don’t want a random chance at getting flags from other nations besides my own. You forget they’d have to release it via a Req pack and I’m not too keen on putting money towards a 1 in 5000 chance at getting my national skin.

> 2535414299834534;4:
> Sorry but this isn’t Call of duty and as much as I like the idea I don’t want a random chance at getting flags from other nations besides my own. You forget they’d have to release it via a Req pack and I’m not too keen on putting money towards a 1 in 5000 chance at getting my national skin.

Nah they’d just have like 5 or 6

> 2533274815533909;2:
> No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO

What about the eagle AR skin? Seems pretty Merica to me

> 2533274806055932;5:
> > 2535414299834534;4:
> > Sorry but this isn’t Call of duty and as much as I like the idea I don’t want a random chance at getting flags from other nations besides my own. You forget they’d have to release it via a Req pack and I’m not too keen on putting money towards a 1 in 5000 chance at getting my national skin.
>
> Nah they’d just have like 5 or 6

No they can’t just have 5 or 6. Then every other county will flip a lid. Just look at voices pack…
And no I hated that in cod. The pages and pages of flag skins just to find one you want to use.

> 2533274874616028;7:
> > 2533274806055932;5:
> > > 2535414299834534;4:
> > > Sorry but this isn’t Call of duty and as much as I like the idea I don’t want a random chance at getting flags from other nations besides my own. You forget they’d have to release it via a Req pack and I’m not too keen on putting money towards a 1 in 5000 chance at getting my national skin.
> >
> > Nah they’d just have like 5 or 6
>
> No they can’t just have 5 or 6. Then every other county will flip a lid. Just look at voices pack…
> And no I hated that in cod. The pages and pages of flag skins just to find one you want to use.

Not every country plays Halo

> 2533274806055932;8:
> > 2533274874616028;7:
> > > 2533274806055932;5:
> > > > 2535414299834534;4:
> > > > Sorry but this isn’t Call of duty and as much as I like the idea I don’t want a random chance at getting flags from other nations besides my own. You forget they’d have to release it via a Req pack and I’m not too keen on putting money towards a 1 in 5000 chance at getting my national skin.
> > >
> > > Nah they’d just have like 5 or 6
> >
> > No they can’t just have 5 or 6. Then every other county will flip a lid. Just look at voices pack…
> > And no I hated that in cod. The pages and pages of flag skins just to find one you want to use.
>
> Not every country plays Halo

There are people who play Halo 5 all over the world, it’s only fair that if a nation like the U.K. or Mexico gets one, others should too. And as mentioned before, having those flag emblems in the req pool would only lower the chances of getting things people actually want (like a weapon, or armor).

Nope, politics has no place in Halo, same goes for nations, this is a WAR IN SPACE and should be treated as such.

Well technically in the Halo Universe the UNSC is more or less the entire world under one nation…

> 2533274860945165;11:
> Well technically in the Halo Universe the UNSC is more or less the entire world under one nation…

Right. It is the United Nations Space Command.

> 2533274815533909;2:
> No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO

I agree, doesn’t need to get policitial. There’s enough of hat in the real world, we don’t need it in Halo. Imagine teams ganging up on certain country’s. Wouldn’t be right

Nope. Not only is it a futuristic sci-fi game, there’d be issues. Think, if you were from like Switzerland or New Zealand or something and they didn’t have your country’s flag, what would that feel like? Also, since it’s all random, there’s no guarantee that you’ll get your country’s flag.

> 2533274806055932;6:
> > 2533274815533909;2:
> > No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO
>
> What about the eagle AR skin? Seems pretty Merica to me

I love it how no one has acknowledged the obviously American AR skin in this thread, either way I’m happy that at least that skin is in, they are an American company and I appreciate them putting that skin in, I wouldn’t be bothered if they put flags from all of the major countries this game has traffic from.

Also just because this is the future does not mean that flags from prior and current time periods would not be revered, the UNSC is not the main government for most if not all countries on earth, as the abbreviation “United Nations Space Command” says they are “United Nations” independent countries still exist, it is easier and less costly for all countries to pool resources into a space army and fleet, that’s where the United Nations comes in to play.

> 2533274806055932;6:
> > 2533274815533909;2:
> > No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO
>
> What about the eagle AR skin? Seems pretty Merica to me

The Eagle has been symbol in many cultures and countries over the years. Some examples of this are, It was used in Roman times as their symbol and unfortunately it was also integrated into the -Yoink!- symbol. The eagle is also an important part and symbol for many indigenous cultures today, so it’s far from just being American.

> 2533274832880993;15:
> > 2533274806055932;6:
> > > 2533274815533909;2:
> > > No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO
> >
> > What about the eagle AR skin? Seems pretty Merica to me
>
> I love it how no one has acknowledged the obviously American AR skin in this thread, either way I’m happy that at least that skin is in, they are an American company and I appreciate them putting that skin in, I wouldn’t be bothered if they put flags from all of the major countries this game has traffic from.
>
> Also just because this is the future does not mean that flags from prior and current time periods would not be revered, the UNSC is not the main government for most if not all countries on earth, as the abbreviation “United Nations Space Command” says they are “United Nations” independent countries still exist, it is easier and less costly for all countries to pool resources into a space army and fleet, that’s where the United Nations comes in to play.

I just did :wink:

Science fiction doesn’t use countries. Example, Star Trek has a Federation of planets, there’s no flag for that, there is a symbol. They are saying all countries and races are important, They are together as one. Just as in the Halo Universe they are all together as one.

I’m not saying it’s a terrible idea OP but why make something political when it shouldn’t be it’s a video game, were having fun. As SCoutdoorsman says “Imagine teams ganging up on certain country’s. Wouldn’t be right” I agree, it wouldn’t be. Everything shouldn’t have politics in it.

> 2533274815533909;16:
> > 2533274806055932;6:
> > > 2533274815533909;2:
> > > No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO
> >
> > What about the eagle AR skin? Seems pretty Merica to me
>
> The Eagle has been symbol in many cultures and countries over the years. Some examples of this are, It was used in Roman times as their symbol and unfortunately it was also integrated into the -Yoink!- symbol. The eagle is also an important part and symbol for many indigenous cultures today, so it’s far from just being American.

Thing is, combined with it’s name, description, and the paint scheme without the eagle, I’m fairly certain it’s supposed to be a 'MURICA-type skin.

I believe that there were some flag-based skins in the modded map from GameCheat13, but I’m not very sure, and I doubt they’ll ever be released.

Now, if we got some skins based off of maritime signal flags… I don’t think there’d be too many problems.

> 2535437652903765;18:
> > 2533274815533909;16:
> > > 2533274806055932;6:
> > > > 2533274815533909;2:
> > > > No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO
> > >
> > > What about the eagle AR skin? Seems pretty Merica to me
> >
> > The Eagle has been symbol in many cultures and countries over the years. Some examples of this are, It was used in Roman times as their symbol and unfortunately it was also integrated into the -Yoink!- symbol. The eagle is also an important part and symbol for many indigenous cultures today, so it’s far from just being American.
>
> Thing is, combined with it’s name, description, and the paint scheme without the eagle, I’m fairly certain it’s supposed to be a 'MURICA-type skin.

…And that’s fine that 343I did that, they did a “shout out” to American, as they have done with other things and that’s great, but I’m just saying the eagle just isn’t an American thing.

Regardless, my points and reasons from my previous posts for why I don’t feel country flags shouldn’t be in halo still stand.

> 2533274815533909;19:
> > 2535437652903765;18:
> > > 2533274815533909;16:
> > > > 2533274806055932;6:
> > > > > 2533274815533909;2:
> > > > > No and no. Halo is science fiction video game, we don’t need to bring real life stuff like that in it. It doesn’t suit it IMO
> > > >
> > > > What about the eagle AR skin? Seems pretty Merica to me
> > >
> > > The Eagle has been symbol in many cultures and countries over the years. Some examples of this are, It was used in Roman times as their symbol and unfortunately it was also integrated into the -Yoink!- symbol. The eagle is also an important part and symbol for many indigenous cultures today, so it’s far from just being American.
> >
> > Thing is, combined with it’s name, description, and the paint scheme without the eagle, I’m fairly certain it’s supposed to be a 'MURICA-type skin.
>
> …And that’s fine that 343I did that, they did a “shout out” to American, as they have done with other things and that’s great, but I’m just saying the eagle just isn’t an American thing.
>
> Regardless, my points and reasons from my previous posts for why I don’t feel country flags shouldn’t be in halo still stand.

I get that, I just wanted to point out that it’s more than just an eagle.

I don’t want national flags either. Would be pretty weird as well, considering that, canonically, Spartan-IVs would likely come from different, non-Earth locations. With all of the colonies under UNSC jurisdiction, there’d probably only be a handful out of the 500-600 active personnel that would feel any connection to a terrestrial governing body.

Maritime signal flags, as I mentioned previously… no issues there, considering most, if not all, ships use them, regardless of nationality. Plus, they’d go along with the UNSC Navy fairly well, if you ask me.