nat settings with 4g connection

i’m getting a message that my nat setting is low and because of that i cant play any firefights. any ideas on how i change that. right now i’m connected with 4g. but even with my home wi-fi i still get the same message.

This thread has information on changing your NAT type.

Im so happy im in a field in Network Administration. Hey JCobb, you think you can keep me up to date on internet connections and server connections. Or is there something i can subscribe to.

> Im so happy im in a field in Network Administration. Hey JCobb, you think you can keep me up to date on internet connections and server connections. Or is there something i can subscribe to.

Uh… I’m not exactly an official source of information on Halo’s networking; I just repeat what I’ve learned from others and what I can guess. :\

If you’re lookin’ for conversations about it, I guess you can just keep an eye on the lag threads that people make every few days in the MM section of the boards. Occasionally, a good detailed discussion’ll start up in one of them.

> > Im so happy im in a field in Network Administration. Hey JCobb, you think you can keep me up to date on internet connections and server connections. Or is there something i can subscribe to.
>
> Uh… I’m not exactly an official source of information on Halo’s networking; I just repeat what I’ve learned from others and what I can guess. :
>
> If you’re lookin’ for conversations about it, I guess you can just keep an eye on the lag threads that people make every few days in the MM section of the boards. Occasionally, a good detailed discussion’ll start up in one of them.

Okay, thanks.

Unfortunately brah, a lot of mobile internet providers use ISP level NAT, especially since the ipv4 addresses ran out. Check your public IP, if it exists in one of the reserved private ranges (usually 10.x.x.x) youre boned. Not to mention the 200ms+ latency most mobile BB has, just the way the tech works. Youre crazy to even try it.

> Unfortunately brah, a lot of mobile internet providers use ISP level NAT, especially since the ipv4 addresses ran out. Check your public IP, if it exists in one of the reserved private ranges (usually 10.x.x.x) youre boned. Not to mention the 200ms+ latency most mobile BB has, just the way the tech works. Youre crazy to even try it.

Currently using 3G based net with 50ms ping, 5mb down and 2mb up open NAT as well.

Anyway, it really depends on your set up. Are you using “Internet Connection Sharing” i.e having the dongle in your computer and connecting it to your xbox. Mobile phone wifi hotspot or stand alone 4G modem/router.