Naming the *NEW* elephant

So we know that this new vehicle is obviously not an elephant (seen in halo 3 and halo wars, halo 3 odst, etc…). Almost all military ground vehicles are named after some terrestrial mammal that has relation to the vehicle in size (and no I’m not saying that the mongoose is the size of an actual mongoose) the relationship can be observed between the change in vehicle size and the type of terrestrial mammal, for example the mongoose is smaller than the warthog in halo and in real life. So it is only natural that the name of this new vehicle would be a large terrestrial mammal that is bigger than an elephant, which at the moment doesn’t exist (on earth at least). It is also unlikely that it would be named after an aquatic species seeing as it is a terrestrial vehicles and all of the other terrestrial vehicles are named after a terrestrial mammal. But if they were to make an exception the possibility of this vehicle being named a “Whale” is quite likely. There could also be the possibility that they could name it after a prehistoric creature, again I doubt it would be reptilian so dinosaurs are excluded, but there are many prehistoric mammals to choose from. This includes many species of proboscidean that are much larger than today’s largest mammal “the African elephant” but the complexity of the names of many prehistoric creatures eliminates many options. Because the name that would be chosen is more likely to be a uncomplicated common creature(so not something like Archaeobelodon). One prehistoric mammal that does stand out above the rest is the “Mammoth”, it meets almost all qualifications for a suitable name to this new vehicle, it is a terrestrial mammal larger than an elephant, but again it is prehistoric so I don’t know the likely hood of them picking it. But it does sound quite suitable, Therefore I believe if this vehicle is truly a *NEW * vehicle it would be named a “Whale” or a “Mammoth”. What do you think sounds better? What do you think could be another possibility for it’s name?

It’s been confirmed to be a Mammoth

> It’s been confirmed to be a Mammoth

Where was this?

> > It’s been confirmed to be a Mammoth
>
> Where was this?

That’s what I was thinking,
types “halo 4 mammoth” into google
waits
no articles found involving halo 4

Behemoth.

Or Cthulhu lol.

> Behemoth.
>
> Or Cthulhu lol.

Meh, Cthulhu doesn’t sound right, Behemoth sounds good but they are both mythical creatures so I doubt it.

I’d have to say that Mammoth is the most likely and probably the best choice. Although it could be called ‘Bull’ or, instead of just whale, ‘Orca’

I like the sound of “Bull” but a bull is smaller than an elephant and Orca doesn’t sound like a halo vehicle.

I think Mastodon sounds cooler then mammoth.

Quite possible but correct me if I’m wrong but Mastadons are smaller than elephants.

> > Behemoth.
> >
> > Or Cthulhu lol.
>
> Meh, Cthulhu doesn’t sound right, Behemoth sounds good but they are both mythical creatures so I doubt it.

so is the cyclops and grimlin

covie=spirits and bugs
unsc=animals and beast

> Quite possible but correct me if I’m wrong but Mastadons are smaller than elephants.

actually your right
mastodons came from a few hundred years before the ice age so their size wasnt needed as much to survive the ice.

Giant Chicken.

Giant Turkey.

Giant Kitten.

Colossus?
Titan?

These sound cool, but it’s confirmed to be the Mammoth

> > > Behemoth.
> > >
> > > Or Cthulhu lol.
> >
> > Meh, Cthulhu doesn’t sound right, Behemoth sounds good but they are both mythical creatures so I doubt it.
>
> so is the cyclops and grimlin
>
>
> covie=spirits and bugs
> unsc=animals and beast

yeah but those are from Halo wars, not apart of the Halo fps series

> Colossus?
> Titan?
>
> These sound cool, but it’s confirmed to be the Mammoth

WHERE HAS THIS BEEN CONFIRMED???

I can’t find a damn article on where it’s been confirmed.

> It’s been confirmed to be a Mammoth

But I’ll still call it Stampy.

The giant capybara! Or the Hippo. Though each of these are not as large as an elephant. Indrocotherium succeeds all others. Everybody get to the… new elephant!

The Behemoth.

> > > > Behemoth.
> > > >
> > > > Or Cthulhu lol.
> > >
> > > Meh, Cthulhu doesn’t sound right, Behemoth sounds good but they are both mythical creatures so I doubt it.
> >
> > so is the cyclops and grimlin
> >
> >
> > covie=spirits and bugs
> > unsc=animals and beast
>
> yeah but those are from Halo wars, not apart of the Halo fps series

just reminding you
cyclops II in halo 4
halo wars is infact fully part of the lore