nameplates changing

Might I ask why we wont be able to change them after March? I enjoy switching them from time to time but i don’t want to be stuck with the same one for the rest of Reach matchmaking. It’s not a big deal, 343i, but is there anyway to transfer the power to change that stuff since bungie’s going dark? Thank you in advance.

Where has this been said? (Not saying it hasn’t, just the first i’ve heard we won’t be able to change our Service Tags.)

I don’t recall if I read the article on bungie.net or here, but they listed the changes that are going to be made. If I’m not mistaken it includes a 24 space file share. I cannot say I’m excited though.

Free Bungie Pro?

It’s one of the things that’s not coming here (along with getting a Reach API), that’s just how it works, sadly.

> Free Bungie Pro?

Yes and no, just the 24 slots. The rendering service is not going be transferred here. And since Bungie is leaving Halo completely, you wont be able to access your File Share on B.net. Though there will be a File Share option here when summer comes around.

EDIT:
I’m just going to leave this here

> Last summer, Bungie and 343 Industries began a transition process for Halo data. On March 31st, 2012 that transition process will be complete, all live Halo data will be managed by 343 Industries, and Bungie will no longer be able to update game stats and player service records, to host new user generated content, or to operate the Bungie Pro service. All currently supported, Bungie-developed Halo titles will be impacted by this change.
>
> Any replacement functionality, and all future Halo support, will be provided by Microsoft and 343 Industries via Halo Waypoint at http://halo.xbox.com.
>
> Bungie will preserve all existing historical Halo data on Bungie.net for as long as the Internet and Bungie’s data storage systems remain functional.
>
> Thanks for making the Halo-era version of Bungie.net more successful than we could have possibly imagined. You complete us.
>
> See you starside.

Ω

343 Pro?

I don’t know which one to use now. Heptagon, Halo 3, ODST, Star or Bungie?

> 343 Pro?

At this point, no

Ω

Bungie will not be allowed to update stats and send messages to halo games after some date in march. Better pick that favorite nameplate soon.

I didn’t know people changed their nameplate, I’ve had Halo 2 as my nameplate since day one of Reach.
It’s not an issue for me.

Its not an issue for me because I have love my star nameplate (which I had before 7/7!) I remember getting it for having interesting stats a while back.

> I didn’t know people changed their nameplate, I’ve had Halo 2 as my nameplate since day one of Reach.
> It’s not an issue for me.

Nor with me. Halo 2 forever! Literally.

You know if they wanted to offer us everything bungie.net did they could just outsource it ( the asp programming for the API ), something Microsoft does already.

Keep the current bar set or raise it more. But do not, do not lower the bar.

I just thought about it. Why not make it an in game feature as part of an update? I know for a fact they could add it as part of the menu. Other games add stuff to their menus. Nameplates aren’t exactly sole possession of bungie.

> I just thought about it. Why not make it an in game feature as part of an update? I know for a fact they could add it as part of the menu. Other games add stuff to their menus. Nameplates aren’t exactly sole possession of bungie.

That is more than likely much easier said than done. 343I is busy working on other things (MM updates for Reach, Halo 4, halo.xbox.com, etc…) and for them to focus on a small feature that doesn’t really have much of an in-game significance while they could be doing other things doesn’t seem like a very productive idea, IMO.

Ω

I hope they add nameplates as well as file share & render later this summer. Making it better would be nice rather than worse. 343i nameplate would be cool.

> I hope they add nameplates as well as file share & render later this summer. Making it better would be nice rather than worse.

File Share? Yes
Nameplates? No
Video Rendering? No

They might bring nameplates and rendering for Halo 4 and beyond (more than likely to have at least something similar)

Ω

> > I hope they add nameplates as well as file share & render later this summer. Making it better would be nice rather than worse.
>
> File Share? Yes
> Nameplates? No
> Video Rendering? No
>
> They might bring nameplates and rendering for Halo 4 and beyond (more than likely to have at least something similar)
>
> Ω

Im glad i posted a vid of owning all of the nameplates…<3! Its to bad the option isn’t available to change them though… :frowning:

It would be nice to have nameplates meanwhile but it’s no biggie, 343i nameplate for example. Can’t wait for Halo 4!

Looks like I’ll be rocking the DMR along with a few other on my friendlist throughout the next years on Reach. I had all the nameplates as well. Well not any longer.

> It would be nice to have nameplates meanwhile but it’s no biggie, 343i nameplate for example. Can’t wait for Halo 4!
>
> Looks like I’ll be rocking the DMR along with a few other on my friendlist throughout the next years on Reach. I had all the nameplates as well. Well not any longer.

I wish i used a better camera LOL!

My potato camera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVJsTNz6fxU&list=UUZ5Cxyi8p-0TKDQRjH78YUQ&index=8&feature=plcp