Named Weapons.

Would you be opposed to having named weapons make a return in Halo: Infinite? Personally speaking, I really like the named weapons in Halo 5: Guardians (even though some of them are more OP than others; looking at you The Answer). I would be disappointed if Prophet’s Bane didn’t return. I actually created a gametype around the weapon, I like it that much.

I’m not a fan of weapon variants in Halo in general, let alone special named weapons. I hope Halo goes back to making an AR an AR and a BR a BR… The sandbox is just too muddy imo. Halo started out as a gritty military sci-fi FPS. All the crazy weapon variants and skins just feels kinda goofy to me and not at all like Halo’s gritty and simpler roots.

That may make me sound like a dinosaur who hates change, but in truth I welcome change. Halo has innovated and changed in some ground breaking and fun ways. I just think the weapon variants were a change in the wrong direction.

I’d like it if they were reduced to weapon skins for basic modes and could be applied to all weapons-and more importantly, take the place of the stupid Pizza and French Fry skins.

That said, an ability to apply custom effects to weapons in custom games is something I’m still rooting for, strongly.

> 2535435902217648;2:
> I’m not a fan of weapon variants in Halo in general, let alone special named weapons. I hope Halo goes back to making an AR an AR and a BR a BR… The sandbox is just too muddy imo. Halo started out as a gritty military sci-fi FPS. All the crazy weapon variants and skins just feels kinda goofy to me and not at all like Halo’s gritty and simpler roots.
>
> That may make me sound like a dinosaur who hates change, but in truth I welcome change. Halo has innovated and changed in some ground breaking and fun ways. I just think the weapon variants were a change in the wrong direction.

I can see where you are coming from, and certainly agree with the weapon variants and skins (The weapons don’t need thirty-two different attachments to choose from). I would have just been happy with the named weapons as the only variant, kinda like back in Halo 3 when there was only two variants of Wraith and two variants of Warthog.

> 2535462145233570;3:
> I’d like it if they were reduced to weapon skins for basic modes and could be applied to all weapons-and more importantly, take the place of the stupid Pizza and French Fry skins.
>
> That said, an ability to apply custom effects to weapons in custom games is something I’m still rooting for, strongly.

I think the “skins” should alter the look of the weapon…yes I know what a weapon skin is. I’m not talking about a paint job. I’m talking about a weapon change, visually, not functionality.
For example, one weapon skin could be for the AR changing it model from the MA5D, to the MA37. Or for the magnum to change from the current model, to the CE look/aesthetic.

> 2533274815543309;5:
> > 2535462145233570;3:
> > I’d like it if they were reduced to weapon skins for basic modes and could be applied to all weapons-and more importantly, take the place of the stupid Pizza and French Fry skins.
> >
> > That said, an ability to apply custom effects to weapons in custom games is something I’m still rooting for, strongly.
>
> I think the “skins” should alter the look of the weapon…yes I know what a weapon skin is. I’m not talking about a paint job. I’m talking about a weapon change, visually, not functionality.
> For example, one weapon skin could be for the AR changing it model from the MA5D, to the MA37. Or for the magnum to change from the current model, to the CE look/aesthetic.

Considering three out of the (Five?) Assault Rifles through the Halo games have been more or less identically performing models of the same weapon, I don’t think weapon skins that are different models of what is functionally the same weapon would be that big of a deal. In fact, I hope for it, because the MA5K’s pretty cool.

This maybe alittle off topic, and maybe not as feasible as it would disrupt weapon balance, but I think some weapons, such the SMG, AR, and BR, should be select fire. Maybe not so much in Multiplayer, burning Campaign it could be a nice addition; being able to toggle between burst and full-auto fire modes, and maybe have a semi-auto fire mode for the BR- but no delay in trigger pull. As fast as you can squeeze the trigger, is how fast it should fire.
That’s all I got.

> 2533274809226598;4:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > I’m not a fan of weapon variants in Halo in general, let alone special named weapons. I hope Halo goes back to making an AR an AR and a BR a BR… The sandbox is just too muddy imo. Halo started out as a gritty military sci-fi FPS. All the crazy weapon variants and skins just feels kinda goofy to me and not at all like Halo’s gritty and simpler roots.
> >
> > That may make me sound like a dinosaur who hates change, but in truth I welcome change. Halo has innovated and changed in some ground breaking and fun ways. I just think the weapon variants were a change in the wrong direction.
>
> I can see where you are coming from, and certainly agree with the weapon variants and skins (The weapons don’t need thirty-two different attachments to choose from). I would have just been happy with the named weapons as the only variant, kinda like back in Halo 3 when there was only two variants of Wraith and two variants of Warthog.

One thing I thought was cool about H5 was the Easter Egg weapons that you had to hunt for in the campaign. They weren’t necessary, but they were fun to find and use. As far as weapon variants go, I’m okay with a couple named weapons sprinkled throughout the campaign as one-off power weapons like H5 did.

So I guess I should make a distinction in my preferences. As far as campaign goes, an AR should be an AR and so on. But a couple fun weapons hidden around the campaign maps could spice up additional play throughs. As far as MP goes… I would like to return to the (prepare for cringe) “good ole days”. Everyone started with the same weapons, had the same access to weapons on the map, and had to rely on their skills more than their REQs to gain the advantage.

I’m not saying that I don’t want them to return, they were really fun. But the way they are implemented in halo 5 is way busted.

If they were to comeback, they CANNOT be locked behind a RNG lootbox system. Noting was more annoying than to put literally hundreds of hours into the game and only get to use a small handful of the weapons that are actually fun to use. At the very least, let people unlock or get weapons by completing specific challenges or buy them outright with REQ points. Also don’t allow people to buy them through micro-transactions, this would only make the game pay to win, much like how Halo 5 was with warzone. your team would get curb stomped when the enemy team just had more REQs than you. So annoying.

The variant weapons were closely tied to Warzone in H5. I don’t know how they would be implemented without Warzone being present in Halo Infinite (and we don’t know if it will be yet). It would be a shame to drop all of them though. I really liked them in H5.

Maybe one or two as hidden campaign pickups. I don’t care for the insane myriad of available variations for every conceivable weapon and vehicle in Guardians- it really messes with the sandbox, especially competitively. But being able to use Arbiter’s unique energy sword in the campaign, for example? Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

> 2535405449919732;10:
> The variant weapons were closely tied to Warzone in H5. I don’t know how they would be implemented without Warzone being present in Halo Infinite (and we don’t know if it will be yet). It would be a shame to drop all of them though. I really liked them in H5.

They could easily scatter them throughout the campaign like they did in Halo 5: Guardians or make them available through Forge.

Legendary weapons should totally stay in Infinite. I just wish they werent used as a durability object. I wish it was similar to Call of dutys crate openings. You know without the concept of buying something for it (implying pay to win)

I want to be able to grind the game and come across it from winning a game. Like i got 12 sword kills in a single match and it at random gave me a drop rate of getting it post match. and the only real advantage it gave me was cosmetic appearance unless said otherwise for specific game modes like warzone and invasion (bigger player based maps etc.)

To reiterate, I want legendary items back but with a catch. Earn them for keeps instead of buying packs to potentially unlock them for a short period of time.

There’s a lot of destiny Esk features with weapon names and variations.
Halo 5 should really be renamed destiny lite ,H4 was cod clone
halo should try and do its own thing moving forward or revert back to the formula that so worked and set it apart In the past

> 2535435902217648;2:
> I’m not a fan of weapon variants in Halo in general, let alone special named weapons. I hope Halo goes back to making an AR an AR and a BR a BR… The sandbox is just too muddy imo. Halo started out as a gritty military sci-fi FPS. All the crazy weapon variants and skins just feels kinda goofy to me and not at all like Halo’s gritty and simpler roots.
>
> That may make me sound like a dinosaur who hates change, but in truth I welcome change. Halo has innovated and changed in some ground breaking and fun ways. I just think the weapon variants were a change in the wrong direction.

I actually like the weapon variants–or the idea of them, at least. I think the sort of fantasy “named-weapons” thing was a little goofy.

I liked some of the weapon variants, but I kind of don’t want them in Infinite. The skins were pretty ugly (looking at the white, green, and red skins), and the names themselves were a total rip off from Destiny. I think what they should do is have one variant for each weapon but combine them into one for specific weapons.

For example:
-The railgun is a lot of fun when it shoots faster, so make the whiplash the new railgun
-The Hydra launcher is too slow in close quarters, so make the Typhon the new hydra

Of course some of the variants are too OP, so it’s hard to find a balance, but I think some of the OG weapons could be tweaked to be a lot more fun and useful, without having variants for each one.

If variants are going to come back, I’d like 343 to put more thought into the look of them. Slapping on a butt ugly color scheme makes them look cheap and nothing the military would do.