Name your perfect Halo Game

So I was Thinking.

A perfect Halo Game would be…

• Open World Campaign with Co-Op Option - Ability to create a Campaign and Multiplayer Character - Ability to play as different Species (Elite, Grunt, Human, Spartan, Forerunner, Special Flood) - Survival Mode, Campaign and Multiplayer - Custom Paint Jobs and Pre-made Paint jobs - Custom and Pre-made Emblems - Join-able Factions (A.I Factions Such as Swords of Sanghelios or Rebels)
    On my grounds this would be a perfect Halo Game.

Please state your ideal Halo Game below I’m very curious. Please remember to follow all 343 Halo Forum Guidelines and rules.
Also understand you may not have the same vision as someone else everyone’s ideas and opinions matter here but their is a better way to do things than down someone else’s idea

Thanks,
Apex Sacred

Although I agree when I see a lot of these points, most of these points are in a lot of other games. The Elder Scrolls comes to mind when I see these points.

IE Skyrim has:

1. An Open World Campaign, but it lacks Multiplayer (I know there’s a mod in the works, but I have no knowledge about its progress).
  2. The ability to create your own character.
  3. The ability to play as different species.
  4. Campaign, and if you play it a certain way with mods, it can have a survival mode similar to hardcore mode in Fallout 4 and New Vegas.
  5. … Paint jobs are probably in mods?
  6. … Don’t think emblems apply in Skyrim.
  7. Tons of join-able factions.

Of course, I’m not saying that, “Well that wouldn’t be Halo, go play Skyrim if you want these.” I’m saying that Halo occupies a different section of the Video Game Market, and for the most part, dominates it. Bethesda, with Skyrim and Fallout (not counting 76), dominate the open world RPG corner of the market (I have no numbers to back this up, just speaking casually). If Halo were to venture into this market, they would need to address several concerns regarding the above requests.

1: Halo in an open world setting would be interesting to pull off. Would it be similar to Destiny in the way that you have several social spaces as your starting/launching points, and then got taken out in Pelicans to the world to complete missions and quests? If that is the case, you could have endless possibilities. For example:

a. Any of the Halos
b. The Ark
c. Shield Worlds
d. Earth, with different regions to visit (ie. a crashed orbital platform from the Halo 2 invasion, the new mexico ruins from the didact attack, etc)
e. Reach
f. Any of the locations mentioned in the novels

And what social spaces would there be?

a. The Infinity?
b. A covenant cruiser?
c. FoB’s on the ground in certain areas?

If the thought is that the world would just be open like Skyrim without social spaces, this would get tricky. It would certainly be complicated from a technical standpoint.

2: Having multiple races to play as would be almost the same as having classes, and for that reason the classes would need to be balanced in a lore friendly way. For example, Spartan II’s would need to be taller, stronger, and emotionally cut off. If it were a stat sheet, their strength stat would be through the roof along with their agility and stamina, but their speech skill would be low in certain instances due to the training they went through (Halo 4 intro, about Spartan II behaviors off the field). Elites, grunts, brutes, everything would need to be balanced in this way. Of course, if we’re keeping with the core Halo gameplay, the speech skill wouldn’t need to be an issue, but i’m throwing it out there.

3: A survival mode, such as a firefight mode/horde mode/hardcore mode would be interesting. If it were to be a firefight/horde knock off, then its already set up. You and a few friends are hunkered down in a building/fort/foxhole defending against waves of enemies. If it were to be a hardcore mode, that would be new to the series as well. Imagine having to care for your characters hunger and thirst, and making sure that your character gets enough sleep so that their eyes aren’t closing on you during a firefight? It would be a new feature, and a completely different learning curve for players that haven’y played something similar to Ark or, as mentioned previously, Fallout 4 on Hardcore.

4: Custom paint jobs would be an interesting aspect because players could abuse it. We all know what the CoD community can do with the emblem creator, imagine giving everyone a brush and letting them custom paint their armor? I can see loads of potential problems with that. But if it were to be like placing emblems or shapes on your armor, I can see it going smoother, but still getting abused.

5: Factions: Whats available for what race and how do you deal with players that want to play as a brute, but want to roll with the UNSC? It would be something that would need to be addressed and calculated, and it would not be as easy as simply saying, “Let everyone play in any faction.” There would need to reasons/requirements to do so. Otherwise there would be an OP class (Probably a Spartan class, but what do I know?) That everyone would play, and that’s all you would see in every faction. A covenant faction might be made up of 70% UNSC forces. Its something that would need to be looked at and balanced.

Again, these are just issues I see with an Open World Halo game. I would love to see a new ODST game set in a flood invasion personally, make it more horror like (as mentioned in a previous thread).

I’m not poo-pooing your idea, but I would love to hear some comments on how you feel they would address these issues!

1. open world with coop and multiplayer and all that
  2. you can choose your species
  3. the ability to choose stuff like if you want to be a spartan or elite a marine or grunt and stuff like that
  4. other planets you can visit and halos
  5. super deep customization
  6. playable factions with sub-factions

Arma 3 with a Halo skin that plays like Insurgency.

• Online/offline Co-op campaign/customs/firefight - Customization better than Reach - Custom controller layouts - Custom loading screens (IK I’m picky) - Online flood game mode - No hydra/H5 boltshot - Nice looking armor - Campaign better and longer than Halo 2, but easier - No SC or GP
  1. Offline firefight mode with splitscreen (like reach)
  2. Open world exploration
  3. Better form of armor customization
  4. Longer campaign
  5. ODSTs somewhere in the game (I love those guys)
  6. No AI fireteam to help you fight, either solo or co-op

> 2533274869565071;2:
> Although I agree when I see a lot of these points, most of these points are in a lot of other games. The Elder Scrolls comes to mind when I see these points.
>
> IE Skyrim has:
>
> 1. An Open World Campaign, but it lacks Multiplayer (I know there’s a mod in the works, but I have no knowledge about its progress).
> 2. The ability to create your own character.
> 3. The ability to play as different species.
> 4. Campaign, and if you play it a certain way with mods, it can have a survival mode similar to hardcore mode in Fallout 4 and New Vegas.
> 5. … Paint jobs are probably in mods?
> 6. … Don’t think emblems apply in Skyrim.
> 7. Tons of join-able factions.
>
> Of course, I’m not saying that, “Well that wouldn’t be Halo, go play Skyrim if you want these.” I’m saying that Halo occupies a different section of the Video Game Market, and for the most part, dominates it. Bethesda, with Skyrim and Fallout (not counting 76), dominate the open world RPG corner of the market (I have no numbers to back this up, just speaking casually). If Halo were to venture into this market, they would need to address several concerns regarding the above requests.
>
> 1: Halo in an open world setting would be interesting to pull off. Would it be similar to Destiny in the way that you have several social spaces as your starting/launching points, and then got taken out in Pelicans to the world to complete missions and quests? If that is the case, you could have endless possibilities. For example:
>
> a. Any of the Halos
> b. The Ark
> c. Shield Worlds
> d. Earth, with different regions to visit (ie. a crashed orbital platform from the Halo 2 invasion, the new mexico ruins from the didact attack, etc)
> e. Reach
> f. Any of the locations mentioned in the novels
>
>
> And what social spaces would there be?
>
> a. The Infinity?
> b. A covenant cruiser?
> c. FoB’s on the ground in certain areas?
>
> If the thought is that the world would just be open like Skyrim without social spaces, this would get tricky. It would certainly be complicated from a technical standpoint.
>
> 2: Having multiple races to play as would be almost the same as having classes, and for that reason the classes would need to be balanced in a lore friendly way. For example, Spartan II’s would need to be taller, stronger, and emotionally cut off. If it were a stat sheet, their strength stat would be through the roof along with their agility and stamina, but their speech skill would be low in certain instances due to the training they went through (Halo 4 intro, about Spartan II behaviors off the field). Elites, grunts, brutes, everything would need to be balanced in this way. Of course, if we’re keeping with the core Halo gameplay, the speech skill wouldn’t need to be an issue, but i’m throwing it out there.
>
> 3: A survival mode, such as a firefight mode/horde mode/hardcore mode would be interesting. If it were to be a firefight/horde knock off, then its already set up. You and a few friends are hunkered down in a building/fort/foxhole defending against waves of enemies. If it were to be a hardcore mode, that would be new to the series as well. Imagine having to care for your characters hunger and thirst, and making sure that your character gets enough sleep so that their eyes aren’t closing on you during a firefight? It would be a new feature, and a completely different learning curve for players that haven’y played something similar to Ark or, as mentioned previously, Fallout 4 on Hardcore.
>
> 4: Custom paint jobs would be an interesting aspect because players could abuse it. We all know what the CoD community can do with the emblem creator, imagine giving everyone a brush and letting them custom paint their armor? I can see loads of potential problems with that. But if it were to be like placing emblems or shapes on your armor, I can see it going smoother, but still getting abused.
>
> 5: Factions: Whats available for what race and how do you deal with players that want to play as a brute, but want to roll with the UNSC? It would be something that would need to be addressed and calculated, and it would not be as easy as simply saying, “Let everyone play in any faction.” There would need to reasons/requirements to do so. Otherwise there would be an OP class (Probably a Spartan class, but what do I know?) That everyone would play, and that’s all you would see in every faction. A covenant faction might be made up of 70% UNSC forces. Its something that would need to be looked at and balanced.
>
> Again, these are just issues I see with an Open World Halo game. I would love to see a new ODST game set in a flood invasion personally, make it more horror like (as mentioned in a previous thread).
>
> I’m not poo-pooing your idea, but I would love to hear some comments on how you feel they would address these issues!

Hello Just to comment on some ideas
I’m feeling more of a Skyrim by open world campaign setting nothing like Destiny. (No Hub and No Multiplayer only based game.) (Home base, Faction Bases)
So kind of a setting like the Skyrim and Fallout 4 Scene but maintaining halo in such a way that gives Halo a Uniqueness as well as 343.
And i’m not saying any of it would be easy but nothing will ever be easy until it is done. once it’s done it’s down to evolving the series and updating thing by thing at a time.

Halo Helljumpers. I dont refer to the novel. I mean a game based on a special ODST squad, wearing completely black armors, using the Halo 5 Oni vehicles, and modified weapons with the same explosive bullets that the Oni vehichles use. They use to call themselves The Helljumpers. The gameplay would be like in Gears of War, with hip firing (with reticle obviously) and in a TPS style, except the cover change movements, but with cover firing with reticle like the GTA IV mechanic. It would have some gore touches (not the Og Halo blood level, I mean real gore, like Doom). The campaing will have the classic 4-player co-op mode, in online or split-screen (if it is on console), but the multiplayer will be massive, with 100 players, in two teams of 50 people, and slayer with 20 players each team, CTF with 30 each team. it would be perfect

why does it say you quoted me

• LIVE FF (not a simulation like WZ FF) where you can play with 12 others in a large expansive map. - Must have assassinations as they are awesome and I loved their addition in Reach. - Have a campaign about being stealthy based around a duo Headhunter team equipped in SPI with the addition of energy shields, VISR, active camo module (and a few other things) which we saw in the short story Headhunters. - Have your Spartan in campaign be completely customise-able with being able to add things for stealth such as a Ghillie suit (or at least a few leaves) - Classic art style with Halo-esk music. - A multiplayer similar to Halo 5 as Halo 5 MP is fun minus a few things like Spartan Charge as I hate it.

Definitely option 1, Open World Campaign with Co-Op Option. I really like the co-op option because I got a fam that loves Halo, so having that would be great :smiley: Also, I’ve been waiting for open world Halo for a long time, so it would definitely be exciting to be able to explore a big map and be able to fight random platoons of the Covenant, while following the objective at hand.