Mysterious Enemy in 20th Anniversary Art Promotion

WHAT THE ****

Ahem. So, idk if this has already been talked about…but you guys know that really cool 20th Anniversary Halo wallpaper that went around, with one side having Mark V Master Chief shooting at Covenant and Prometheans to signify past games, and the other side having Halo Infinite Master Chief shooting Banished?
well…one of the characters on the Halo Infinite side isn’t Banished. Or Human. It’s not a grunt or a jackal or an elite or a brute…or anything we’ve seen. It looks promethean. It looks very different. Could this be the Harbinger that was spoken of? Maybe this is the guy that trapped or deleted Cortana???

Here’s The Wallpaper
Please, I implore you to take a look. idk how nobody caught this. Or maybe i’m slow???

The entity in question is right next to Chief’s left thigh, way in the back.

Since the left side of the poster is very much dedicated to Infinite, it is possible they are some character that has been hinted at like you said. It would be interesting if that is Mendicant Bias that has obtained a mobile body, which would be awesome and horrifying.

> 2533274824216729;2:
> Since the left side of the poster is very much dedicated to Infinite, it is possible they are some character that has been hinted at like you said. It would be interesting if that is Mendicant Bias that has obtained a mobile body, which would be awesome and horrifying.

That is horrifying lol

Looks a bit like the didact?

Or maybe a hunter form we haven’t seen yet?

It could be the Didact. Idk how well known this is, but Halo 5’s original story revolved around the Didact after he got a Promethean body but retained his memories. This wouldn’t be the first time such an event occurred, as 343 Guilty Spark, who survived Halo 3 (Barely) is now using a Promethean soldier body and has regained all of his past Human memories.
Could the Didact be the Harbinger? Is it possible he’s returned as a Promethean, and took over Cortana’s place in the Galaxy?

That’s a Promethean Soldier. You can tell by the head shape. There’s also a Crawler on the opposite side as well.

> 2535421911680792;6:
> That’s a Promethean Soldier. You can tell by the head shape. There’s also a Crawler on the opposite side as well.

It looks like one, yeah. Big thing though because Prometheans have not been seen nor mentioned in any way as far as Infinite goes. Which begs the question, are they going to be a fully featured faction or is this one character?

> 2533274882898126;5:
> It could be the Didact. Idk how well known this is, but Halo 5’s original story revolved around the Didact after he got a Promethean body but retained his memories. This wouldn’t be the first time such an event occurred, as 343 Guilty Spark, who survived Halo 3 (Barely) is now using a Promethean soldier body and has regained all of his past Human memories.
> Could the Didact be the Harbinger? Is it possible he’s returned as a Promethean, and took over Cortana’s place in the Galaxy?

After H5, I don’t think 343 is going to lean into almost any extended lore explanations like this. 99.9% of Halo fans think 343 and the didact are both dead.

In addition to the heavy criticism of H5 having too much extended lore stuff, look at the backlash 343 got from killing off Cortana at the end of H4, but bringing her back for H5. This is another reason I don’t think we’re getting the revival of a previously deceased character.

It looks like it might be a Promethean Soldier. There’s no other Soldier in the image. Or maybe it could be the Didact, he did have yellow glowing eyes when armored I believe. The left side of the image has a Promethean Crawler in it, so that throws out the assumption that the left side is only enemies from CE, and the right side is only enemies from Infinite.

I would change the title of this thread to something along the lines of “Mysterious Character in 20th Anniversary Art Promotion” or something. You don’t want to go misleading people into clicking here for something that could end up be absolutely nothing.

> 2614366390849210;8:
> > 2533274882898126;5:
> > It could be the Didact. Idk how well known this is, but Halo 5’s original story revolved around the Didact after he got a Promethean body but retained his memories. This wouldn’t be the first time such an event occurred, as 343 Guilty Spark, who survived Halo 3 (Barely) is now using a Promethean soldier body and has regained all of his past Human memories.
> > Could the Didact be the Harbinger? Is it possible he’s returned as a Promethean, and took over Cortana’s place in the Galaxy?
>
> After H5, I don’t think 343 is going to lean into almost any extended lore explanations like this. 99.9% of Halo fans think 343 and the didact are both dead.
>
>
> In addition to the heavy criticism of H5 having too much extended lore stuff, look at the backlash 343 got from killing off Cortana at the end of H4, but bringing her back for H5. This is another reason I don’t think we’re getting the revival of a previously deceased character.

Didact never died, he was composed. He’s still “alive”, just in a digital data form until he’s brought back. And you’re right as far as extended lore not being super used in inifinite although I don’t necessarily agree with the reasons. Extended lore is still the lore of the game, and Halo: Reach was the first Halo game to start reaching into that territory by bringing Halsey and pretty much the entirety of Reach into the mainline games.
Even if it isn’'t the Didact, it could still be a new character with his same motives.

Also, the entire setting of Infinite is from extended lore bro

> 2614366390849210;8:
> > 2533274882898126;5:
> > It could be the Didact. Idk how well known this is, but Halo 5’s original story revolved around the Didact after he got a Promethean body but retained his memories. This wouldn’t be the first time such an event occurred, as 343 Guilty Spark, who survived Halo 3 (Barely) is now using a Promethean soldier body and has regained all of his past Human memories.
> > Could the Didact be the Harbinger? Is it possible he’s returned as a Promethean, and took over Cortana’s place in the Galaxy?
>
> After H5, I don’t think 343 is going to lean into almost any extended lore explanations like this. 99.9% of Halo fans think 343 and the didact are both dead.

99.9% of Halo fans think 343 is dead??

> 2533274860752574;11:
> > 2614366390849210;8:
> > > 2533274882898126;5:
> > > It could be the Didact. Idk how well known this is, but Halo 5’s original story revolved around the Didact after he got a Promethean body but retained his memories. This wouldn’t be the first time such an event occurred, as 343 Guilty Spark, who survived Halo 3 (Barely) is now using a Promethean soldier body and has regained all of his past Human memories.
> > > Could the Didact be the Harbinger? Is it possible he’s returned as a Promethean, and took over Cortana’s place in the Galaxy?
> >
> > After H5, I don’t think 343 is going to lean into almost any extended lore explanations like this. 99.9% of Halo fans think 343 and the didact are both dead.
>
> 99.9% of Halo fans think 343 is dead??

I believe he’s speaking particularly about 343 Guilty Spark. Although that’s statistically incorrect since most Halo fans watch some form of Halo Youtuber or news outlet, it should be mostly common knowledge for anyone who isn’t a casual.

I think you’re looking too much into it. While it’s always possible, I think they were just showcasing enemies over the past 20 years.

Well, I hope so

> 2533274836669416;13:
> I think you’re looking too much into it. While it’s always possible, I think they were just showcasing enemies over the past 20 years.

I’d agree, but that Soldier looks vastly different from any promethean we’ve seen, and the enemies are split on two sides; old enemies from halo CE-5 on the left, and Halo infinite enemies on the right.

It looks Promethean, but the mouth looks like that of a Brute.

That’s definitely a Promethean holding a Scattershot. Could be that with the overall aesthetic redesign, Prometheans got a design change as well. It’s odd that there’s the Crawler on the left side of the pic though.

However, odds are, like StateK pointed out, that it’s just a celebration of 20 years and it’s not something to look too deep into.

Whatever it is it sure loves to photobomb.

> 2533274882898126;12:
> > 2533274860752574;11:
> > > 2614366390849210;8:
> > > > 2533274882898126;5:
> > > > It could be the Didact. Idk how well known this is, but Halo 5’s original story revolved around the Didact after he got a Promethean body but retained his memories. This wouldn’t be the first time such an event occurred, as 343 Guilty Spark, who survived Halo 3 (Barely) is now using a Promethean soldier body and has regained all of his past Human memories.
> > > > Could the Didact be the Harbinger? Is it possible he’s returned as a Promethean, and took over Cortana’s place in the Galaxy?
> > >
> > > After H5, I don’t think 343 is going to lean into almost any extended lore explanations like this. 99.9% of Halo fans think 343 and the didact are both dead.
> >
> > 99.9% of Halo fans think 343 is dead??
>
> I believe he’s speaking particularly about 343 Guilty Spark. Although that’s statistically incorrect since most Halo fans watch some form of Halo Youtuber or news outlet, it should be mostly common knowledge for anyone who isn’t a casual.

Most Halo fans don’t watch any form of Halo content. Current Halo fans watch some sort of Halo content, and only some of that sub group know anything about the story that deep.

Most Halo fans would say you killed Guilty Spark in H3. Most Halo fans probably can kind of remember who Didact is. Most Halo fans haven’t played much Halo since 2007, or 2011 ish.

You know i thought it was showing old enemies on the left and new on the right side, but i truly think this is pointing out that we will be facing every single faction of the enemies.