Mysterious alien ship from CEA in Nightfall?

Remember that unknown ship that crashes into installation 04 during the terminals of combat evolved anniversary? There wasn’t no clue on his origins or on his crew and no mention in halo 4 and escalation neither. But could be this ship still intact in the halo’s fragment where Locke and his crew will be heading in Halo Nightfall? I hope that 343 will continue this storyline, cause it was so creepy and I want to find out more about it. Any thoughts on this?

I think it’s infiltration at its finest, I’ve always thought an ethereal form had been all that was on that ship.

The closest thing the ship looked similar to in the Halo universe is the covenant boarding craft first seen in Halo 2…

Most curious.

I feel that is exactly what’s gonna happen. They wouldn’t have introduced it if they weren’t going to tie it in to the current storyline. The ring fragment carrying the unknown ship crash lands into rebel territory and they start to “mine” whatever they find.

Cue the Flood. We meet again.

(hopefully)

I thought the ship was introduced just to demonstrate what kind of protocol a Forerunner AI would conduct in such a situation. But then, who the heck piloted the ship?

I asked Catalog about the ship’s origins a few months ago, and Catalog replied that it was “inconclusive”. The fact that Catalog refuses to give further detail about the crashed ship tells me that 343i has plans for it in further stories.

I’m highly convinced that it will feature in Nightfall and/or Broken Circle.

I’m not too certain about the idea of its being a Flood ship, but it’s definitely something sinister.

That would make for an absolutely wonderful story tie-in! That mysterious ship was without a doubt the most interesting parts about the Halo Anniversary terminals. Leaving that mystery unsolved would almost be a crime.

It’s funny I almost forgot about that ship. I would bet on it appearing somewhere and having it be one of those “AHA!” moments.

IMO that ship was just a plot device for Guilty Spark and will probably never be used again. However I wouldn’t mind being wrong. I’ve been waiting for new aliens in Halo.

[deleted]

> They mentioned at PAX that the decision to have Nightfall take place on Installation 04 happened very late in the development process). Based on that, it would seem the story originally had nothing to do with the ship in Installation 04. Of course, it’s always possible they changed the direction of the story after that decision was made.

It couldn’t have been too late in the dev process seeing as how the entire plot of the film revolves around the fact that it’s on Halo, from the weird weather to the very fact that it’s called Nightfall (the Ring spins to face the sun and bathe in lethal sunlight).

Loved that sub-story. The timing of it makes me wonder…

If the Halo wiki is to be trusted, the crash landing took place 3150 years after the Halo event, well before we became a space faring species. Assuming that’s the case for other known species, then we’re looking at something either very new (to us) or something very old.

I’d love for a tie-in. I need that kind of thing in my life. I sincerely hope it is more than just a random plot device. I’d like to think Halo deserves more than those.

> If the Halo wiki is to be trusted, the crash landing took place 3150 years after the Halo event, well before we became a space faring species. Assuming that’s the case for other known species, then we’re looking at something either very new (to us) or something very old.

I have no idea where the figure of 3150 years comes from; Halo Nation isn’t a particularly reliable resource. The crash is explicitly said to have occurred around 60,000 years after the Halos were fired. Therefore the ship is very ancient relative to the modern races. Here’s the terminal in question and here’s Halopedia’s article on the vessel.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the ship plays into Nightfall’s story. 343 Industries have always done an excellent job of sowing narrative seeds far in advance of their metaphorical sprouting, i.e. the first mention of Lasky (as “Tom”) in the reprint of First Strike. Nonetheless, I am willing to accept that the mystery of the crashed ship could turn out to be a red herring. Only time will tell. Fingers crossed, though.

There are ships of the same class on the map “Exile” in Halo Wars multiplayer. It seems to be a Lifeworker ship, or maybe even a Builder ship.

> There are ships of the same class on the map “Exile” in Halo Wars multiplayer. It seems to be a Lifeworker ship, or maybe even a Builder ship.

But Spark would have recognized it then.

Which terminal is this on exactly?

> Which terminal is this on exactly?

Terminal 5.

oh my god! but if i remember it had no life signs aboard it, meaning its proboly only the find dust that creates flood or something

To be completely honest, I hope we never hear another word about that ship. It’s one thing to find out and get that 10 seconds of gratification and story payoff. It’s much better to remain interested and curious. Kinda like the Forerunners in general, before Halo 4 or even Halo Legends. It’s one story that I just want left to my imagination and curiosity. It’s one of the last things left throughout the games, that still gives me a sense of wonder. I think 343 understands that and I think that’s the actual purpose of that ship in the terminals story. It’s a device that let’s you use your imagination. I really don’t think 343 really wanted to go anywhere else with that specific story, but they know they could, if they ever wanted or needed to. Whether they do or don’t, it’s a win/win for them.

> > There are ships of the same class on the map “Exile” in Halo Wars multiplayer. It seems to be a Lifeworker ship, or maybe even a Builder ship.
>
> But Spark would have recognized it then.

True…