My wishlist for Halo 4 and what not to include from Reach.

Personally, Reach was terrible. It didn’t feel like Halo and was a terrible way to end with bungie. Halo 4 has the opportunity to be great, and this is what I’m hoping for. I’ll split it into sections based on the game modes.

Campaign-

• Stronger allied AI. Actually, AI in general. Reach was advertised to have really smart AI, when all they really did was make elites jump all over the place. Everything else stayed the same, grunts were still worthless, and the allied troopers didn’t even need to be there. I want to feel like the troopers do something. Make them shoot something, and give them something like a 10% damage boost so they can actually help.

-Strong story. I know this will be a tough one, but I expect a gripping campaign. Not much to say.

-HUGE BATTLES. God I still remember assault on the control room. The area was huge and there were marines and enemies everywhere doing battle. In Reach, there was only one huge battle, and it was just a cutscene. The Tip of the Spear I think? Seeing all those warthogs and troopers gunning it towards the banshees. Soooooo siickkkk. But nope…all the mission turns out to be is you and kat for the most part. Take from what was successful, we want large scale battles.

-Music. I really don’t know how 343 will top Marty, but they need to get someone who can impress us.

-Ambience. Give us something like ODST and Halo: CE. Its dark, don’t know what is going to happen next, and we’re vulnerable.

Multiplayer-

-Please no AA. Self Explaining.

-Absolutely NO BLOOM. There have been 4 Halo titles without bloom and they fared farrrrr better than Reach. Bloom ruins the pace of the game, and turns skill into luck. There’s really no reason for it.

-Halo 2 or 3 movement speed and jumping.

-Do not ship the game with a couple of maps, including one which is a “forge world” and then fill matchmaking with only maps on the “forge world”. Not pointing any fingers. Give us some diversity.

-Give us more guns. I really don’t know why Bungie didn’t just include every gun in every game in Reach. I understand there will be completely new guns, and that’s cool, but at least include the old guns in forge so we can play with them and make our own maps using completely different guns. I miss the smg.

-More vehicle maps! I cant even think of the last time I got lasered in a warthog. I miss it.

Forge-

-Nothing I can think of.

Firefight-

-Same with the guns. Give us some diversity and you’ll be a lot more successful with Halo 4.

-Firefight in Reach was well done. Nothing else I can think of.

And that is personally what I want. Thanks for reading!

here is a late edit haha: I’ve always wanted to be able to place ammo crates in forge, like the ones in firefight. It would make infection maps so much easier instead of individually placing guns everywhere.

I agree with pretty much all of these ideas. 343 definitely needs to fix the AI (friendly AI to be more specific). I got tired of Kat driving me off of cliffs, and Jun sniping me while I was trying to assasinate an elite.

I also agree that 343 should add in bigger battles. There were a couple moments in Reach where it was kinda like ‘whoa, this is pretty crazy’ (mainly just the part where you’re defending Halsey’s lab or whatever), but none of them that really stood out. So definitely bigger scale battles with tons of enemies.

Last but not least, AA’s… Leave them out of H4. If, for some strange reason, they choose to include AA’s, make them available in custom games ONLY. I’ll be one unhappy camper if they make a return to MM.

You’ve made a pretty good wishlist though, hopefully 343 will take a lot of the feedback/ideas from these forums and turn them into reality.

AAs and bloom don’t really need to be taken out (though I could honestly care less either way). They were fun in Reach, and I personally don’t understand how people say that they destroyed gameplay, , but if they can be improved on in Halo 4, then by all means do it.

And I agree about story, too. So far, none of the six games have disappointed on this most important aspect of the game. I hope Halo 4 lives up to its predecessors.

BOTS and or the ability to forge in firefight maps.

Emblem creation, like cod black ops but even better.

Don’t neuter the vehicles in forge/mutiplayer over campaign. If a falcon has a gattling gun it should have it in both, same with the tanks.

Yeh that sounds good to me

Only thing I don’t agree with is not coming with a Forge World. I think it was a great idea, and with some tweaking could become a forgers paradise (not that it isn’t practically already).

But other than that it sounds good.

A lot of your statements I agree with, the only thing I don’t agree with is when you said Reach is terrible, but that’s for another discussion. Anyway, what I would like to see in Halo 4 is the return of dual wielding and this time you can dual wield energy swords. Personally I don’t care one way or the other about AA’s, but if they don’t come back we should at least see the return of equipment, some of them could act like AA’s but only for temporary use. For multiplayer I want to see Big Team Battle turned into HUGE Team Battle, maybe 16 vs 16 games on huge maps featuring new bigger, more powerful vehicles, and other transport vehicles, such as scarabs, pelicans, elephants, phantoms, and maybe a few new big devastating vehicles.

> A lot of your statements I agree with, the only thing I don’t agree with is when you said Reach is terrible, but that’s for another discussion. Anyway, what I would like to see in Halo 4 is the return of dual wielding and this time you can dual wield energy swords. Personally I don’t care one way or the other about AA’s, but if they don’t come back we should at least see the return of equipment, some of them could act like AA’s but only for temporary use. For multiplayer I want to see Big Team Battle turned into HUGE Team Battle, maybe 16 vs 16 games on huge maps featuring new bigger, more powerful vehicles, and other transport vehicles, such as scarabs, pelicans, elephants, phantoms, and maybe a few new big devastating vehicles.

I don’t see the point in dual-wielded energy swords. It’s a one hit kill already, what do you need a second for? To make it even more over-powered?

But 16 on 16 battles, yes. Just… yes. Though I wouldn’t put the Scarab (assuming there are Covenant at all) in without severely nerfing it. And it would have to be the Halo 2 era Scarab, the Halo 3 one was controlled by Lekgolo worms. No driver interface.

> Only thing I don’t agree with is not coming with a Forge World. I think it was a great idea, and with some tweaking could become a forgers paradise (not that it isn’t practically already).
>
> But other than that it sounds good.

Forge world was a great idea, but for Halo 4 we need to increase the forging pallet. You could use FX on this specific forge world that would literally change everything, if you use a snow effect, the entire place is covered in snow and ice and it’s snowing, use rain and is starts raining, use a nighttime effect and sun turns into the moon and the sky turns black and starry, and my personal favorite, the apocalypse effect, activate this and the sky turns red and it starts snowing red and black ash. We should also get more forge objects than ever before and be able to change the texture of all of them, texture would let us change the “skin” on any forge object to turn it into things like: wood, metal, ice, rock, grass, dirt, etc.

> > Only thing I don’t agree with is not coming with a Forge World. I think it was a great idea, and with some tweaking could become a forgers paradise (not that it isn’t practically already).
> >
> > But other than that it sounds good.
>
> Forge world was a great idea, but for Halo 4 we need to increase the forging pallet. You could use FX on this specific forge world that would literally change everything, if you use a snow effect, the entire place is covered in snow and ice and it’s snowing, use rain and is starts raining, use a nighttime effect and sun turns into the moon and the sky turns black and starry, and my personal favorite, the apocalypse effect, activate this and the sky turns red and it starts snowing red and black ash. We should also get more forge objects than ever before and be able to change the texture of all of them, texture would let us change the “skin” on any forge object to turn it into things like: wood, metal, ice, rock, grass, dirt, etc.

Agreed. More FX, as well as more themes of pieces. Silver and gray starts to get old after so long, include human themed (gun-metal gray, green, etc.) and Covenant (purple, blue, etc.) as well as the standard Forerunner.

> > A lot of your statements I agree with, the only thing I don’t agree with is when you said Reach is terrible, but that’s for another discussion. Anyway, what I would like to see in Halo 4 is the return of dual wielding and this time you can dual wield energy swords. Personally I don’t care one way or the other about AA’s, but if they don’t come back we should at least see the return of equipment, some of them could act like AA’s but only for temporary use. For multiplayer I want to see Big Team Battle turned into HUGE Team Battle, maybe 16 vs 16 games on huge maps featuring new bigger, more powerful vehicles, and other transport vehicles, such as scarabs, pelicans, elephants, phantoms, and maybe a few new big devastating vehicles.
>
> I don’t see the point in dual-wielded energy swords. It’s a one hit kill already, what do you need a second for? To make it even more over-powered?
>
> But 16 on 16 battles, yes. Just… yes. Though I wouldn’t put the Scarab (assuming there are Covenant at all) in without severely nerfing it. And it would have to be the Halo 2 era Scarab, the Halo 3 one was controlled by Lekgolo worms. No driver interface.

Well, for the energy swords, you know how when you lunge at someone you have to recover for a second or two before lunging again? Well with dual wielding you can lunge with one arm while the other recovers and keep constantly going, dual energy swords would also make for interesting assassinations. I admit that this wouldn’t work very well in multiplayer but I think it would be really fun for campaign and firefight.

> > > A lot of your statements I agree with, the only thing I don’t agree with is when you said Reach is terrible, but that’s for another discussion. Anyway, what I would like to see in Halo 4 is the return of dual wielding and this time you can dual wield energy swords. Personally I don’t care one way or the other about AA’s, but if they don’t come back we should at least see the return of equipment, some of them could act like AA’s but only for temporary use. For multiplayer I want to see Big Team Battle turned into HUGE Team Battle, maybe 16 vs 16 games on huge maps featuring new bigger, more powerful vehicles, and other transport vehicles, such as scarabs, pelicans, elephants, phantoms, and maybe a few new big devastating vehicles.
> >
> > I don’t see the point in dual-wielded energy swords. It’s a one hit kill already, what do you need a second for? To make it even more over-powered?
> >
> > But 16 on 16 battles, yes. Just… yes. Though I wouldn’t put the Scarab (assuming there are Covenant at all) in without severely nerfing it. And it would have to be the Halo 2 era Scarab, the Halo 3 one was controlled by Lekgolo worms. No driver interface.
>
> Well, for the energy swords, you know how when you lunge at someone you have to recover for a second or two before lunging again? Well with dual wielding you can lunge with one arm while the other recovers and keep constantly going, dual energy swords would also make for interesting assassinations. I admit that this wouldn’t work very well in multiplayer but I think it would be really fun for campaign and firefight.

Yeah, campaign and firefight it would be fun, but multiplayer it would just be horrendously overpowered.

> Only thing I don’t agree with is not coming with a Forge World. I think it was a great idea, and with some tweaking could become a forgers paradise (not that it isn’t practically already).
>
> But other than that it sounds good.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn’t clarify. Yes I agree with you that there needs to be a forge world, I just meant that MM should not be based on the maps that are created in it, ya know? A couple maps are ok, like the cage I like a lot. But it just got out of hand, MM in Reach is almost exclusively forge world. Thats what I meant.

> > Only thing I don’t agree with is not coming with a Forge World. I think it was a great idea, and with some tweaking could become a forgers paradise (not that it isn’t practically already).
> >
>
> Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn’t clarify. Yes I agree with you that there needs to be a forge world, I just meant that MM should not be based on the maps that are created in it, ya know? A couple maps are ok, like the cage I like a lot. But it just got out of hand, MM in Reach is almost exclusively forge world. Thats what I meant.

I don’t think that that would be much of a problem as long as the new forge world incorporated the following things: New backgrounds, new objects, a texture pallet for forge objects, and the ability to take a screenshot of your map and post it so that if someone brought it up to play in the pre-game menu or in matchmaking that screenshot is what they would see.

> >
>
> Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn’t clarify. Yes I agree with you that there needs to be a forge world, I just meant that MM should not be based on the maps that are created in it, ya know? A couple maps are ok, like the cage I like a lot. But it just got out of hand, MM in Reach is almost exclusively forge world. Thats what I meant.

Yeah, that I agree with. Of the maps that shipped with the game, 7 were ripped straight out of the campaign (or vice versa, either way they were lazy), and the rest were on Forge World.

Viechles SHOULD NOT be easily destroyed by wepons like the dmr the sniper. Thats the point of power wepons. Also no more hitscan wepons!

I think that it would be cool to have texture packs for forge, so lets say you want a forunner type map, you can get pieces that fit that style, same with covenant, flood, and UNSC. So instead of having to use the same grey forge pieces in forge you can actually bring a map to life.
Also maybe bring back texture packs from Halo 3, such as foundry pieces or sandbox ones.

> I think that it would be cool to have texture packs for forge, so lets say you want a forunner type map, you can get pieces that fit that style, same with covenant, flood, and UNSC. So instead of having to use the same grey forge pieces in forge you can actually bring a map to life.
> Also maybe bring back texture packs from Halo 3, such as foundry pieces or sandbox ones.

That would be awesome