My views on the Beta so far

Ive logged a few hours game time now, and I am an average player. My K/D tends towards negatives or 1s when Im not with a good team that provides support and Im useally an objectives player, not slayer so Ive been out of my element. Thatll be reflected below.

Good: So first and foremost, Im going to address sprinting. Straight off the bat, I like it and what it allows me to do. I think those who are saying it should be removed arent thinking it though or are simply to purist, and if they really want an unchanging game they should look at simply loading up an older copy of halo. Nobody cut support to a Halo game since 2, and even Wars is still playable online. It allows me to finally feel like a Spartan, no more getting tired either when soldiers train to run like this for hours at a time even NOW in 2014 and have done since what, before Jesus was born? Im a hulking super weapon in super armour and I **WANT** to feel that way. However, I accept alot of people dont feel the same way so if its doable, why not add classic slayer where new features are disabled? Not sure if it would work with newer maps mind. I think disabling shield regen has done its job, and people complaining about cat and mouse just need to work with their team to trap the mouse, as cat and mouse implies both parties are working badly with their team.

Spartan abilities are also fun, even if I cant ground pound to save my life. Its nice to be equal, I miss my active camo but I understand why its gone and it helps the balance and it would even likely be a bad feature that makes the game less fun. I just like sneaking about with it. But the features, especially clamber is nice. No more having to crouch jump like an idiot, my super soldiers finally worked out how to grab onto things! Some people say it takes less skill to play now, but really does it matter if newer players don`t have to focus on learning jumps instead of actually playing halo?

Generally I`m finding most things to be likeable so far, even if no one on the beta knows how to use a mic but spartan chatter has been a saving grace a number of times to fill the gap where people talking would be with an intelligent team. (3 hours, all games with different people, two people using a mic/Kinect chat.)

Bad: I really hate, first and foremost, the bloody tune played when you die. Its awful, winds me up no end. I dont want a musical cue for Im dead to be that chirpy. Id like the ability to turn that off completely, please.

I also really hate the way the announcer says the word slayer, not sure why, but that might just be a me thing and is hardly game breaking. Im mature enough that I dont mind one word said oddly once every 15min.

I hate the new battle rifle look as well, look damn right silly being orange coloured on the number section like a promethean weapon, scope`s missing abit for some reason and the actual smart scope fills most of the sides of my screen, which makes it harder to see unlike the other scopes. Can we go back a design with the BR?

I also dislike being told on Empire the sniper rifle and the power weapons are going to be up at the same time. As the snipers are the only power weapon on the map, it needs to be set to tell me one or the other not both.

The weird: Ok, so I hear were getting a game mode thats one life, weakened shields, yada yada? I really DISLIKE that idea, but as casual and seeing the success of the COD version I guess 343 would be stupid not to at least try it. I think I`ll avoid it.

Also, players are actually worse then guards in Dishonoured for never looking up. Seriously. Im not sure if its a view thing, but whenever Im in a hidey on either map I never get seen inless someone else climbs in of their team going the other way. Ill be sat there for minutes shooting with the DMR and rarely get return fire and never get someone coming after me. (Surprisingly on truth with Bane at hand)

So in conclusion bar some minor things and odd things Im really enjoying the beta, finding it alot more enjoyable then 4 and feeling alot more like a Spartan instead of someone confused by ledges (and in the case of pre-halo 4/reach) with out the ablity to move past a light jog. And to be honest Im currently really hyped about the full game. I just hope the purists can find the time to enjoy the beta because this much halo goodness should be enjoyed, even if you do want certain things gone.

Thanks 343 for the Beta, and thanks for reading. (Inless your going to flame, in which case your just rude :wink: ).

You’re so right! I forgot to address the noises on my feedback chain! Thanks for reminding me I’ll get right on it!

> 2533274998077151;2:
> You’re so right! I forgot to address the noises on my feedback chain! Thanks for reminding me I’ll get right on it!

No problem, it`s a year advance beta so we should be able to get it changed if we work together, en masse

The death/respawn music definitely needs to go. It doesn’t sound particularly Halo-like to me and just induces rage when I hear it.

I ACTUALLY like the death music and cool new look off the BR. The orange
looks nice on it. And the blue crosshairs.

> 2533274795890561;5:
> I ACTUALLY like the death music and cool new look off the BR. The orange
> looks nice on it. And the blue crosshairs.

I figured some people would like it. But it needs a way to be toggled off for people who don`t like it, as being

2535452926108529;4:
The death/respawn music definitely needs to go. It doesn’t sound particularly Halo-like to me and just induces rage when I hear it.

isnt helping us play at all XD The crosshairs dont bother me in the middle, it`s the stupid bits going most of the way around my visor in the middle that annoys me.

The way he says slayer creeps me out a bit. Like the way he pronounces the S. Ssssssss-layer

Oh good god, Voldemort takes side job voicing video games in muggle world :open_mouth:

> 2533274796511262;7:
> The way he says slayer creeps me out a bit. Like the way he pronounces the S. Ssssssss-layer