My View on How the Next Halo Game Should GO (Long but interesting Read)

Alright all you need to do in the next game for remakes is bring back Headlong, Blood Gulch, and the Pit, and Highlands.
For the AA thing I think you need to take it at a different approach. I would hate to see it go away now but I think you need to have AA revolve around Classic gameplay of Halo with No AA so in the campaign for the mission you have no AA and then one part you have to use a jetpack to get up somewhere and then somehow make it disappear maybe your armor has a malfunction from being shot in the beggining of the game and you can only use AA for so long before it becomes uncompatiable. For Matchmaking I think you need to have a Classic playlist and an AA playlist for Example:

Classic Competitive: Team Slayer BTB Team Objective Team Swat Team Snipers, Team Doubles

Evolved Competitive: Team Slayer AA, BTB AA, Team Objective AA, Team Doubles AA, Invasion if possible.

Then there is Grab Bag which is its own gametype So Classic Competitive with those things under it. Evolved Competitive with those things under it and then everything next to it is under that. Then there is Grab Bag and you can pick it and then in the playlist you can vote to play for the things below instead of playing like Team Objective with CTF and stockpile etc.

Grab Bag: Infection, Infection AA, Vanilla Grifball, Grifball Evovlved, Then in the future DLC slayer ( Like how Reach does it with a mix of Classic and AA games)

Ranked: Team Slayer, Solo Spartan (Lone Wolf), MLG, Team Objective, Team Swat, Squad Battle, Arena (All these gametypes will be a mix of AA slayer and Classic (Ranking system should go back to halo 3 system so the whining will stop, except for the arena playlist which will still use the same ranking as reach)

Finally I think Firefight is fine the way it is I believe that Firefight Arcade will be All AA and then the regular Firefight will be a majority of Classic but then a little AA

That is what I have to say about the next Halo game’s Matchmaking system

The Next thing to worry about is Maps how do you make a map that is compatiable with AA and Classic playlist well you need to look back at recent maps two maps that you could look at would be Construction and Hang em High. These two maps would be compatiable with both Classic and AA for jet pack use and the lifts to get up and down the map eaisly if you dont’t have that as well with Hang em High and the Rails across the top of the map. Obviously you should bring back Blood Gulch but make sure to balance it properly. Vechiles where to weak and weapons overpowered it which basically made it a travel around the side and hold your wraith at your side of the map. So make vechiles how they where in two and three strong enough to take a hit from a sniper and a rocket (as long as it is not a direct hit) This is extremely important knowing how much you guys like those types of weapons. If I had to say for the remakes you need Blood Gulch, Headlong, The Pit, Powerhouse, and Highlands, along with mabye a forged Lockout if you go the same way with forge just make sure to add variety in color. (and don’t forget to add pallets and jersey barriers to place for Omega Journey) These maps listed above are just a few I picked cause they all are diffrent for gametype Blood Gulch BTB, Headlong Team Objective, Pit Slayer, Powerhouse a little of everything and Highlands a little of everything on a larger scale. If I had to say two too chose I would say Blood Gulch and Headlong cause there my favorite and oh maybe Beaver Creek as well if possible but we can’t get everything we want.

Moving on too another big topic Armor Lock. Don’t throw it out but reduce the time allowed in it so if somone sticks you it blows up and then they pop out of it because the time is done. So determine how long it takes for a grenade to explode wants it hits the ground and make that the amount of time allowed in Armor Lock.

For Shields I think you need to get rid of fall damage but try to find a new way to have a side effect for the jetpack maybe if you use it a lot it overheats and can’t be used for another minute or two. This also means we wont have Health packs all over as well. With movement and jump height I think you need to mimic the same way as Halo 2 and 3 the two successful competitive multiplayer games. Don’t get me wrong I love reach but I just hate to see such a low population it really is sad and then I play Black ops and there was like 800,000 on its depressing for the Halo Community.

Next is the vehicles we obviously bring back the warthog the gaus the mongoose the banshee the ghost the wraith and the Tank the classic vehicles, but what after that do we bring back the rocket hog, the revenant, the chopper, the falcon, or hornet, or do they make a new UNSC flying craft. I believe they need to bring back the chopper but maybe add a side cart for the flag man to use like with the revenant. In other news I like the Falcon so i would keep that one but I’ll let you guys decide which one it doesn’t matter. I would like a couple new vehicles which of course will happen.

Now we talk more serious about forge
For forge you keep the same geometric system but add variety in color so not everything is one color. Allow more objects to be moved from beat downs so jersey barriers and pallets. Keep the rocks but add a few more to add a little more variety and put the dead tree trunks in there like on tempest. Also maybe add a setting that will allow you to choose if an object will blow up like how in breakpoint you destroy the doors but make like a hole instead of it like completely disappearing. Add throw able items like grav lifts like in halo 3 just for forge. And the biggest stretch wish of all a weather changer if ever possible along with time settings.

Theater is fine so don’t change that except maybe add a slow motion button so when you record a video it will go in slow motion when you watch it instead of having to do it manual you know for that dramatic effect and for machinimas.

Bloom also should not go but needs to modified so it is not chance. I don’t know how to do that but you guys can figure that one out.

Finally DON’T FORGET ALPHA ZOMBIES just saying.

If 343 can pull from every halo game and find the good of it along with the communities help then the next game will be the best yet.

My final words would be vote for what remakes I put up too vote for and talk about vehicles you would want give me some criticism and what remakes you want. Have fun and talk

So you guys should comment so the thread can stay on the first page

Wow, that was a long read. xD

But it was worth it. There’s a lot of stuff I see in there that I agree with. And a very tiny bit that I disagree with. I think some of the vehicles should be slightly stronger. And your remake list is solid.

My opinion about Armour Lock would differ with yours, but I’ll keep it short and sweet: No Grenade shredding, no shield recharge and no 360 degree view (180 would be better in my opinion). I think having a health and shield system is superior to having just shields though, it adds more of a dynamic to gameplay. And finally, of course, Alpha Zombies back would be nice. Speaking of bringing back gametypes, why not VIP too?

> Wow, that was a long read. xD
>
> But it was worth it. There’s a lot of stuff I see in there that I agree with. And a very tiny bit that I disagree with. I think some of the vehicles should be slightly stronger. And your remake list is solid.
>
> My opinion about Armour Lock would differ with yours, but I’ll keep it short and sweet: No Grenade shredding, no shield recharge and no 360 degree view (180 would be better in my opinion). I think having a health and shield system is superior to having just shields though, it adds more of a dynamic to gameplay. And finally, of course, Alpha Zombies back would be nice. Speaking of bringing back gametypes, why not VIP too?

Well we finally got Alpha Zombie