My view of all online tournaments.

First off I think giving away prizes to the online comunity is a good idea. It does give people something to play for but having a stat based system I dont think is good at all.

The reason being the same people are always going to be on top of the leader boards for a number of reasons which I will list for you.

  1. newer xboxes are faster than old ones
  2. custom controllers are a advantage
  3. cat 7 wires over cat 5 gives a tiny bounus
  4. some people have faster modems
  5. wired over wireless is faster
  6. broadband/T1/T3/satilite makes a unfair advantage
  7. some service providers have better service
  8. the use of a router over direct modem
  9. the distance you are from your internet provider makes you conn slower the farther away you are from them
  10. the distance inbetween you and the 343 servers is different for all
  11. everyones conn to a host/dedicated server is different, faster or slower
  12. host always as a advantage in an online game
  13. some people have better sound 5.1 or mono
  14. input deley on tv/monitor (faster or slower)
  15. a cooling system for xbox/modem makes it faster
  16. if a conn is split between xbox and computer its slower
  17. programs that people use to cheat (bridge host/standby/host boot)
  18. more than one player plays on the same tag
  19. some people have mics some dont.
  20. boosting
  21. other, im sure there are more reasons

This is why a stat or ranked leader board is flawed. To give out prizes on a system like this makes no sence to me.

What are ways to fix this?

  1. if the winner was random like a lottery
  2. if the details of the competition were not given exept the prize. With no leader board and a random hand selected playlist(s) with a random selected scoring system that no one knows about.

Maybe something like that would work better Im not sure.

Any thoughts?

So you’r saying teamwork is unfair? Have you played any BF games?It nothing but teamwork and don’t get me started on voice chats some player are good with out them

I disagree with some of that, the REAL killer for the Infinity challange is who is going to win is the person who has the most time to kill on the game, which pisses me off. Because I play for as much time as I have, and some other guy is always ahead because he plays 24/7.

Another thing I hate is that the mimimum needed for Tier 1 gets higher when the lowest person in the tier gets any more points
Example, I work really hard because it’s the weekend and I have freetime, but then when I get offline, I look at the leaderboards later to see the the goal to tier 1 has been raised. So no matter how hard I try it always slips away from me

I bet after the Infinity Challenge H4’s mp will drop by at least 10k pop. It needs to be based off of skill, not just the amount of play time. Like H4’s ranking system. What goes around comes around.

> So you’r saying teamwork is unfair? Have you played any BF games?It nothing but teamwork and don’t get me started on voice chats some player are good with out them

No I did not say teamwork is unfair. I said its one of many reasons the same people are always going to be on top of the current leaderboard system. I think teamwork is fair but its still in the reasons because… well just ignore that one ill take it out.

> I disagree with some of that, the REAL killer for the Infinity challange is who is going to win is the person who has the most time to kill on the game, which pisses me off. Because I play for as much time as I have, and some other guy is always ahead because he plays 24/7.
>
> Another thing I hate is that the mimimum needed for Tier 1 gets higher when the lowest person in the tier gets any more points
> Example, I work really hard because it’s the weekend and I have freetime, but then when I get offline, I look at the leaderboards later to see the the goal to tier 1 has been raised. So no matter how hard I try it always slips away from me

Another good point. I did have multiple users on one tag but yes some people just have more time to play than others.

the reason a better conn helps is because its harder to get kills on a laggy conn. any lag hurts but the more the worse. example a host from china will be terrible for a american. This applys to all connections, if its 50 miles away its better than 1000 miles away.

> I disagree with some of that,

what and why?

I will convince all who disagree that im right. I can prove it all.

get em Fall of Reach!