My view doesn't matter?

My first Halo and FPS was Halo Reach, why does this mean my view on other games such as Reach > 2, doesn’t matter to the “true halo fans” i don’t even get a chance to explain. I’m just terrible at Halo 2/3 and the skill gap makes me cry - is the reason i don’t like halo 2 or 3 according to the “true halo fans”

They have no authority to determine who a real fan is or isn’t, ignore them.

“True Halo Fans” aren’t Halo fans.

What makes a Halo fan true is ambiguous. Some say you have to have been a fan since the original trilogy, others say you need to be well versed in Halo’s lore. None of that really matters, what does is that you’ve played the games and you have a right to form your own opinion. If someone doesn’t like that, then screw them.

> 2533274875901332;1:
> My first Halo and FPS was Halo Reach, why does this mean my view on other games such as Reach > 2, doesn’t matter to the “true halo fans” i don’t even get a chance to explain. I’m just terrible at Halo 2/3 and the skill gap makes me cry - is the reason i don’t like halo 2 or 3 according to the “true halo fans”

As someone who has played the series since Halo: CE launched I can confidently yell you that your view very much matters. If you are a fan of Halo, guess what?

You are an official fan of Halo!

It doesn’t matter what was your first Halo title or when you started playing. You like what you like and that’s that. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to talk themselves up and are by consequence complete jerks.

> 2533275011491088;3:
> “True Halo Fans” aren’t Halo fans.

Not anymore, anyway. All of the “True Halo Fans” have gone to play some other game because they can’t understand that Halo can’t pull releasing updated H2’s annually

The worst part of a fan-base are elitist people who only like the original, most overrated ones and if your opinion doesn’t match up you’re below them. It’s a silly claim, and the people who say it, are just a bunch of yahoos.

Many players equate fandom with skill or with longevity, or with both. Both are wrong. Fandom is just loving the game, no matter how good or bad you are, no matter when you joined the fight.

Now, on the other hand, if you’re arguing some point on the forums, and that argument has to do with a newer title vs. an older title, and you never really played the older title, or never played it until MCC, that’s a different story. It doesn’t mean you don’t love Halo - it just means you may not have the experience that some consider relevant to the argument at hand.

A true Halo fan would accept your opinion for what it is . . . . . . . AN OPINION! And you have every right to Form your own! It sucks that someone would try to convince you otherwise but in reality those people are not the majority but a select few. Personally I think that Halo 2 was the worst campaign by far, yet many would say it was their favorite. It all just boils down to opinion.

> 2533274806696796;5:
> > 2533274875901332;1:
> > My first Halo and FPS was Halo Reach, why does this mean my view on other games such as Reach > 2, doesn’t matter to the “true halo fans” i don’t even get a chance to explain. I’m just terrible at Halo 2/3 and the skill gap makes me cry - is the reason i don’t like halo 2 or 3 according to the “true halo fans”
>
>
> As someone who has played the series since Halo: CE launched I can confidently yell you that your view very much matters. If you are a fan of Halo, guess what?
>
> You are an official fan of Halo!
>
> It doesn’t matter what was your first Halo title or when you started playing. You like what you like and that’s that. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to talk themselves up and are by consequence complete jerks.

True that! We love you and accept you with open arms! Your opinions do matter to us!

Look, I don’t really think there are such things as “TRUE Halo fans”. Just Halo fans…and that’s what we all are here, right?
We are Halo fans, we are Spartans in our own ways…and we always have each others’ back.

> 2533274978553590;4:
> What makes a Halo fan true is ambiguous. Some say you have to have been a fan since the original trilogy, others say you need to be well versed in Halo’s lore. None of that really matters, what does is that you’ve played the games and you have a right to form your own opinion. If someone doesn’t like that, then screw them.

Well said… My first game was HALO 3. That said, I was not that good at it and only truly became good once Reach came out. Then I found out with MCC that I am pretty decent with 2 and well CE is another story… Screw what others think… Just enjoy yourself. I hate that gaming has become so try hard.

do what ya want when ya want

“True Halo fans” are now what “Oldfags” were back in the day. You shouldn’t care about this.
Like Macho Man so perfectly put it: “The cream will riiiiise to the top!”

> 2533274978553590;4:
> What makes a Halo fan true is ambiguous. Some say you have to have been a fan since the original trilogy, others say you need to be well versed in Halo’s lore. None of that really matters, what does is that you’ve played the games and you have a right to form your own opinion. If someone doesn’t like that, then screw them.

LOL wow there are people that say that? So, I guess in their view it is completely impossible to become a “true fan” for anyone who got into it after 2007…

Say whatever the heck you want, OP. :slight_smile:

“Your opinions are perfectly valid as long as they coincide with mine.”

A creepy thought from a “true halo fan’s” brain.