My unrealistic expectations for season 2

I feel like season 2 is going to be a make or break for a lot of people and I’m fully prepared to be disappointed by it knowing how 343 has been acting recently. However I do still have a sliver of hope for what it could be and would like to put some of my desires for S2 here.

Co-op campaign
Long term progression system (probably like 3/Reach/MCC)
New maps (I’d like to see 3 maybe some more in forge)
Season 2 Battlepass (Includes less filler and gives us the rest of the Reach armor)
Earnable credits outside the battlepass (maybe tied to weekly ultimate)
Cross core between Mark 5 B and Mark 7 (cross core with all coatings as well)
Coatings apply to chest pieces
A fix to desync
Weapon balance update
Majority of the major missing game types added that should have been here at launch
UI/Store overhaul (this may be too large and instead be S3 idk)
Fix for many PC performance issues
Proper service record
Kits repurposed into saved presets instead of useless restrictive nonsense
More substantial events that people can be actually excited for
Red reticle on PC

So yeah even trying to keep my expectations in check it’s a lot and that’s why I’m not really expecting to get most of these things. I think it shows just how much is wrong and needs to change with Infinite and how little time 343 has to do it before it kills the game.

What are your expectations for S2?

Sorry for the long post. Thought you had a good list and wanted to respond to each point.

Co-op campaign

Still possible, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was delayed at this point.

Long term progression system (probably like 3/Reach/MCC)

I wouldn’t bet on this.

New maps (I’d like to see 3 maybe some more in forge)

I think this is very possible. Though, while I would like to see at least three (2 Arena, 1 BTB), I wouldn’t be surprised if we get one or two.

Season 2 Battlepass (Includes less filler and gives us the rest of the Reach armor)

Less filler? Yes. Rest of the Reach armor? No.

Earnable credits outside the battlepass (maybe tied to weekly ultimate)

Could possibly show up for weekly ultimates. That’s about the only place I could see it outside of a paid battlepass.

Cross core between Mark 5 B and Mark 7 (cross core with all coatings as well)

Still don’t see this happening any time soon if at all.

Coatings apply to chest pieces

This would be very cool and I have absolutely no idea if this will happen or not.

A fix to desync

I think it will be improved but not entirely gone.

Weapon balance update

I don’t see anything major happening in Season 2. Commando and Ravager need to be looked at though.

Majority of the major missing game types added that should have been here at launch

I think we will get at least two.

UI/Store overhaul (this may be too large and instead be S3 idk)

I think you might be right on that. I just want more than four items at a time ffs.

Fix for many PC performance issues

I think some improvements will be made.

Proper service record

Don’t see this happening yet.

Kits repurposed into saved presets instead of useless restrictive nonsense

Also do not see this happening yet.

More substantial events that people can be actually excited for

I think this ties into new game modes. Depends on what they add. Don’t think too many people will be that excited for King of the Hill, but Infection would be a massive hit.

Red reticle on PC

343 hasn’t shown any real interest in doing this.

A good response.

Why don’t you think we will see the rest of the Reach armor added in S2? Feels like a no brainer and would be considerably easier to do that creating a bunch of new armor. I feel like people being able to create their reach spartans at the very least would alleviate some of the pressure on 343 regarding customization.

The reason why I put cross core for S2 is because it really needs to happen sooner rather than later. The more cosmetics they add the harder it will become to change. I even put just MK 7 and MK 5 B as a compromise as they would have less clipping issues. How do you think they will handle cross core going forward?

I feel like a long grindy progression system (like MCC) wouldn’t honestly be that hard to do out of everything I put on the list. It was also one of the first complaints 343 properly responded to when the game launched so them making 0 progress on it in S2 seems a bit odd to me. Maybe we will just get proper per match xp idk.

I still think we should get 50-100cr alongside the weekly ultimate reward each week. Knowing 343 they will probably only put enough cr in the battlepass for the next one (1000) so having an alternative method would go a long way. Someone doing the weekly challenge for 10 weeks straight = 1000cr isn’t that bad and will help motivate people to play each week which 343 desperately needs. A lot of the current weekly rewards haven’t exactly been great motivators.

Thanks for the response