My two cents about Warzone Firefight

It is overall, awesome. However I see there are still issues that make parts of the game (mostly vehicles) nearly unusable on a couple of the final bosses. The snow map (sorry I don’t know map names) spawns swarmlords inside the cramped little base with way too many enemies and only gives players 5 minutes to complete. I have only completed this boss once, because the only way to kill them is to buy a power gun and become vulnerable to insta kill from the ads and the hunters themselves.

So, I guess I’ll list off things I think could still be improved to make WF perfect. It’s great, now lets work out the kinks.

1, Final Bosses spawning inside buildings rendering both power weapons and vehicles nearly obsolete.
2, enemy health is too high. Perhaps I would enjoy more enemies, but less health. I get that enemies are probably on legendary, but it doesn’t feel awesome to kill the AI. Players are easier to kill… Not to mention enemies with health bars. No. Stahp it. You are halo, you are better than that! Health bars render enemies invulnerable to most powerful things without more than one hit. Again, I’d rather this be more enemies rather than kill barriers.
3. YOU CAN’T STEAL ENEMY VEHICLES okay the dev team might have their reasons for this, but as a long time fan, not being able to steal a vehicle in Halo 5 is like playing Halo CE with no grenades. You don’t need em, but you need em.
4, spawn times exacerbate. I do not like this. This only makes dying more painful, and when you are fighting 3 warden eternals, people are gunna die… a lot. Punishing players is okay, but not when the game only gives you 5 minutes to begin with, then the spawns are farther away. After dying and running back to battle only to be insta killed again (Don’t have a problem with the insta kill enemies like wardens or hunters, makes you HAVE to play well) you have wasted a whole minute or so. Die 3 times and bam, that’s the round.
5, We are playing against AI. Make it challenging but not impossible. When my team completes 1 out of 4 games because of dumb boss spawns, there is something wrong. This isn’t like fighting other people. The AI don’t HAVE to be so unforgiving. Don’t make it too easy, but also, make it so players can consistently complete the match. Far too often we will fail on wave 2 from some obscure enemy that needs a certain type of weapon or vehicle to kill but we only have req 2s. A lot of these have been fixed but there are still a few. Getting to the final boss only to fail because the game spawns and enemy types are rigged against the player and then failing with 2 hunters left at half HEALTH is not a positive experience. Against AI, there is no reason players should lose as often as they do. Again, we don’t want artificial difficulty, we want real difficulty.

But, even so, I love WF. Do you agree? Disagree? Think I am crazy? Let me know below!

I agree with most of this. here is the issues I find a lot:

-Round 3 or 4 on Attack on Sanctum one of the mantis bosses spawns inside the garage. This is just stupid
-AI glitching or disappearing
-Objectives on the other side of the map after intermission, meaning you waste a minute running there.
-There is nothing that tells you what the next objective will be after intermission, so you don’t know what weapon/vehicle to get.

Warzone is fine the way it is. Personally I would rather they increased the difficulty. Killing the hunters is probably the 2nd easiest final round. You’re limited to the vehicles you can use but you can spawn a wraith also you need to do different things with different bosses. Just use any plasma caster or fuel rod (pick up the pool of radiance from the elites) you can kill a bunch of them at a time since they spawn together at the back of the base.

Calm down there Rambo… Not everybody is a masochist. Also I have no idea what pool of radiance is, and I couldn’t care less about the named weapons.

my only complain about WZ and FFWZ is the respawn time, is way to much, only if you like been on shape you can do situps while waiting lol.

> 2533274815439346;3:
> Warzone is fine the way it is. Personally I would rather they increased the difficulty. Killing the hunters is probably the 2nd easiest final round. You’re limited to the vehicles you can use but you can spawn a wraith also you need to do different things with different bosses. Just use any plasma caster or fuel rod (pick up the pool of radiance from the elites) you can kill a bunch of them at a time since they spawn together at the back of the base.

Hunters is the easy round because your alternative in that map is to face 2 Knights, 2 Wardens, and one Mythic Warden all under 5 minutes.

Doesn’t matter how difficult you make it because the enemies are bullet sponges with near aimbot accuracy and rage that even goes beyond draw distance.

I HATE the three hunter bosses inside the base by the garage!!!

> 2533274815439346;3:
> Warzone is fine the way it is. Personally I would rather they increased the difficulty. Killing the hunters is probably the 2nd easiest final round. You’re limited to the vehicles you can use but you can spawn a wraith also you need to do different things with different bosses. Just use any plasma caster or fuel rod (pick up the pool of radiance from the elites) you can kill a bunch of them at a time since they spawn together at the back of the base.

If they make it any harder than it already is, I’ll give it up in a heartbeat. It’s bad enough we have to rely on people using their Vehicle REQs to win in this uber-mythic-legendary Aimbot Sponge fest as it is in what I was hoping would be a more casual gametype for those of us sick of fighting other players.

My only complaint is the respawn timer, it is hella lame. It would be nice to be able to hijack or at least board and plant a grenade on enemy vehicles.

I think my biggest complaints are:

• Invincible Phantom gunners and turrets with incredible firepower, accuracy, and range. - A 30 second Respawn timer is just too much. - Bosses that Spawn in Bases, limiting Vehicle DPS substantially. - Boss Banshees and sometimes normal Banshees that can instantly kill players and kill Tanks in a few seconds. - Defending the Core spawning across the map so players must run to it while Enemies get to spawn within meters of it and can damage it early. - Extreme Enemy damage output, health, accuracy, and aggression combined with numbers which exacerbates the respawn timer.

> 2533274881560701;10:
> I think my biggest complaints are:
> - Invincible Phantom gunners and turrets with incredible firepower, accuracy, and range. - A 30 second Respawn timer is just too much. - Bosses that Spawn in Bases, limiting Vehicle DPS substantially. - Boss Banshees and sometimes normal Banshees that can instantly kill players and kill Tanks in a few seconds. - Defending the Core spawning across the map so players must run to it while Enemies get to spawn within meters of it and can damage it early. - Extreme Enemy damage output, health, accuracy, and aggression combined with numbers which exacerbates the respawn timer.

Especially those AI that spawn in bases. Ugh

> 2533274815439346;3:

Ummm, No.

Its not that WZFF is impossible, its just horrible design that hampers it.

15 seconds of intermission, I’m chilling in the west armory on Darkstar. Intermission ends, objective is defend the east armory. None of my team is there, so we all spend a minute running over to the armory, which is already overran with 20+ aimbot bulletsponge soldiers and half captured. Seriously? No warning of the upcoming objective is pretty dumb, and I can’t tell you how many games I’ve lost because of this.

Back in the beta, many people complained that WZFF was too easy, and it really was. They wanted a punishment for dying to be more ODST-like. So with 343 logic, an extended respawn timer comes to mind. Probably the laziest solution possible. Can we at least get the revive system from campaign to take the edge off? Nope. Can’t even get that. The revive system would make WZFF loads better, but we can’t have fun, right? We need to be punished for being cross-mapped by a suppressor soldier.

The very idea of putting 3 Wardens inside home base is just pathetic. Then we go on to have 2 knights (or 4 soldiers on urban) to take out BEFORE you can even get to them. This round is very tedious mainly because of the hundreds of ads located inside, along with the only effective vehicle being a Wraith.

Urban is a god-awful map, plain and simple. You might as well spawn in a scout hog each time you die because you spawn at the garage. Every. Single. Time. Then you have to cross the entire map because apparently teleporters or man-cannons did not cross their mind when creating this monstrosity.

One of the most questionable decisions was invincible phantom gunners. Everyone knows that is a BAD idea. Even worse, giving them 300% accuracy and 5000% damage. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to tell that this idea is bad.

Not a bad idea, actually a good concept, but executed poorly. Remind you of MCC? Halo 5’s launch? and now WZFF…

> 2533274833081329;6:
> > 2533274815439346;3:
> > Warzone is fine the way it is. Personally I would rather they increased the difficulty. Killing the hunters is probably the 2nd easiest final round. You’re limited to the vehicles you can use but you can spawn a wraith also you need to do different things with different bosses. Just use any plasma caster or fuel rod (pick up the pool of radiance from the elites) you can kill a bunch of them at a time since they spawn together at the back of the base.
>
> Hunters is the easy round because your alternative in that map is to face 2 Knights, 2 Wardens, and one Mythic Warden all under 5 minutes.
>
> Doesn’t matter how difficult you make it because the enemies are bullet sponges with near aimbot accuracy and rage that even goes beyond draw distance.

That round is awful, mainly due to map issues.

The one Knight who spawns down the stairs is a bit of a time chewer, especially compared to the other that climbs on that platform, as the downstairs Knight has a bunch of other knights, soldiers and crawlers nearby shooting at you as you have to be in close range. And then he sometimes likes to hide under the platform. So even if 2-3 players deal with platform knight, the 5 or 6 dealing with downstairs knight take longer as it’s a lot tougher. Which means everyone is parked on the main road…

So after that, everyone (or close to it) deals with the main road Warden. Who generally dies pretty quick by Warden standards in my playthroughs. But then everyone heads for Mythic Warden from that same path and there’s Scorps and Wraiths moving forward with a log jam as there’s hardly room for 3 vehicles to shoot at the Mythic Warden from one side. And to deal with “back path” Warden in a Scorp or Wraith, one has to drive almost all the way down toward the Fortress to find a spot to get to the back path. And “back path” Warden conveniently spawns further back in the base, so he can’t even be shot by people parked outside the other side. So players try to deal with him last which means Mythic Warden is being dealt with from one side by 2 or 3 vehicles, there’s usually someone shooting those vehicles in the back, frustrated they can’t get a shot, generally one guy (me) who goes over to the other side and tries to deal with the other standard/yellow Warden and gets EMP’ed a million times in a row.

I’d be curious if the Knights both spawned on that base roof of how easier it would be. People tend to hang by the far side of the map anyway, so people would be more likely to take the back path to line up shots with vehicles and they’d die quicker. Then teams could divide up a bit more and deal with both yellow/standard Wardens and then converge on the Mythic from both sides. After all, the A.R.C. Warden final isn’t nearly as tough with the same enemies, but the Knights are far easier to deal with.

What about the Ark?

I lose most of it because you respawn a couple of miles away from the action…

It’s only if teammates use up their vehicles that may save the game.

I personally enjoy WZFF. I usually use it as my warm up game before jumping in Arena or sometime’s I just stick playing it.

My only gripes with it is that respawn timer. 30 seconds? Come on! Especially on the final round it’s the most annoying thing. I’m not bothered about enemies/bosses being ammo sponges and needing high level req’s too defeat them. Because end of the day that’s what WZFF is for isn’t it? Just to use up lots of ReQ’s etc and the health bar itself doesn’t really bother me.

> 2533274810779230;16:
> I personally enjoy WZFF. I usually use it as my warm up game before jumping in Arena or sometime’s I just stick playing it.
>
> My only gripes with it is that respawn timer. 30 seconds? Come on! Especially on the final round it’s the most annoying thing. I’m not bothered about enemies/bosses being ammo sponges and needing high level req’s too defeat them. Because end of the day that’s what WZFF is for isn’t it? Just to use up lots of ReQ’s etc and the health bar itself doesn’t really bother me.

Yeah I guess if they would make it a static 5 second re-spawn I really wouldn’t mind where or what types of enemies spawn.

> 2533274822234620;1:
> It is overall, awesome. However I see there are still issues that make parts of the game (mostly vehicles) nearly unusable on a couple of the final bosses. The snow map (sorry I don’t know map names) spawns swarmlords inside the cramped little base with way too many enemies and only gives players 5 minutes to complete. I have only completed this boss once, because the only way to kill them is to buy a power gun and become vulnerable to insta kill from the ads and the hunters themselves.
>
> So, I guess I’ll list off things I think could still be improved to make WF perfect. It’s great, now lets work out the kinks.
>
> 1, Final Bosses spawning inside buildings rendering both power weapons and vehicles nearly obsolete.
> 2, enemy health is too high. Perhaps I would enjoy more enemies, but less health. I get that enemies are probably on legendary, but it doesn’t feel awesome to kill the AI. Players are easier to kill… Not to mention enemies with health bars. No. Stahp it. You are halo, you are better than that! Health bars render enemies invulnerable to most powerful things without more than one hit. Again, I’d rather this be more enemies rather than kill barriers.
> 3. YOU CAN’T STEAL ENEMY VEHICLES okay the dev team might have their reasons for this, but as a long time fan, not being able to steal a vehicle in Halo 5 is like playing Halo CE with no grenades. You don’t need em, but you need em.
> 4, spawn times exacerbate. I do not like this. This only makes dying more painful, and when you are fighting 3 warden eternals, people are gunna die… a lot. Punishing players is okay, but not when the game only gives you 5 minutes to begin with, then the spawns are farther away. After dying and running back to battle only to be insta killed again (Don’t have a problem with the insta kill enemies like wardens or hunters, makes you HAVE to play well) you have wasted a whole minute or so. Die 3 times and bam, that’s the round.
> 5, We are playing against AI. Make it challenging but not impossible. When my team completes 1 out of 4 games because of dumb boss spawns, there is something wrong. This isn’t like fighting other people. The AI don’t HAVE to be so unforgiving. Don’t make it too easy, but also, make it so players can consistently complete the match. Far too often we will fail on wave 2 from some obscure enemy that needs a certain type of weapon or vehicle to kill but we only have req 2s. A lot of these have been fixed but there are still a few. Getting to the final boss only to fail because the game spawns and enemy types are rigged against the player and then failing with 2 hunters left at half HEALTH is not a positive experience. Against AI, there is no reason players should lose as often as they do. Again, we don’t want artificial difficulty, we want real difficulty.
>
> But, even so, I love WF. Do you agree? Disagree? Think I am crazy? Let me know below!

I agree with bosses spawning in buildings and spawn times are ridiculous

About AI, they kind of, I don’t know, maybe a little bit of, you know… cheating. Like i don’t know, the fact that Marines melee kill in 2 hits(Spartan Melees are the same, although Spartans are made to be stronger), and through -ahem- “testing”, we can see that, AI have more effective damage against Spartans, and a more effective tracking range(Boltshot, Heartseeker, Supressors, Needlers, Plasma Pistols). Plus, the "Heartseeker"s that Knight Bosses have, are also River of Lights, we know this through the fact it shoots a burst, as much, but faster, than the River of Light can. Which, sadly, still can track.

> 2535420374627419;19:
> About AI, they kind of, I don’t know, maybe a little bit of, you know… cheating. Like i don’t know, the fact that Marines melee kill in 2 hits(Spartan Melees are the same, although Spartans are made to be stronger), and through -ahem- “testing”, we can see that, AI have more effective damage against Spartans, and a more effective tracking range(Boltshot, Heartseeker, Supressors, Needlers, Plasma Pistols). Plus, the "Heartseeker"s that Knight Bosses have, are also River of Lights, we know this through the fact it shoots a burst, as much, but faster, than the River of Light can. Which, sadly, still can track.

Not only is it able to track, it’s so “clever” it can turn around corners to find you…