my thoughts on zb slayer

First of all, love the ZB slayer playlist, that and MLG feel like how halo should. I definitely think that the DMR should be kept as is, in the ZB playlist, however, I would offer these tweaks:

Increase damage caused by the AR especially at close range, otherwise its pretty much worthless

allow the needler rifle to shoot faster, or kill in the same amount of shots as a DMR

love to see a ranking system, although I know this is a little much to ask, (maybe ZB brought to the arena?)

I will probably edit my post at later dates as long as it stays relevant with other tweaks I would add as time progresses. Feel free to add suggestions

I agree with buffing the AR, but I would leave the needle rifle alone. As for MLG, their gametypes (which I assume are or will be no-bloom) should be put into Arena with a high weighting and the MLG playlist should be removed.

> I agree with buffing the AR, but I would leave the needle rifle alone.

agree. IMO the game should be on 110% damage resistance with a major buff to the AR. Or just tone down nades, which is the main reason we want 110% DR.

> As for MLG, their gametypes (which I assume are or will be no-bloom) should be put into Arena with a high weighting and the MLG playlist should be removed.

… Why not just give the MLG playlist Arena ratings and… OMG NO HE WON’T!.. Yes! I will!.. NO DON’T DO IT!.. I MUST!!! …

Have 2 playlists with Arena ratings !!?!?!1ONE!1?!1

:open_mouth:

EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES THE RAPTURE IS HERE SCREAMS AND COWERS UNDER DESK

No but seriously, who the effing eff thought it was a good idea to have one ranked playlist?

exactly what I was thinking, ranked playlists on H2 and H3 had probably a 3:1 population difference and probably still do on H3, the only playlist that was unranked which had any population to speak of was Social Slayer, and most of those current players used social playlists as a warmup so they wouldn’t derank (especially in H2)

I would prefer a visible rank, that resets at the most once a year, because lets just face it, people like a visible indicator of how good they are in comparison to others. (I know I did)

If 343 hired me, I’m sure I could write an update that adds a visible rank to a ZB playlist similar to MLG, or MLG. If I can do it, I’m sure someone at 343 could as well.

> exactly what I was thinking, ranked playlists on H2 and H3 had probably a 3:1 population difference

Okay not that much man haha, I’m almost positive H3 social had more players than H3 Ranked at a given time. Regardless though, Reach is like 99% social. There’s like 600 People playing Arena, and 100,000 playing everything else.

> I would prefer a visible rank, that resets at the most once a year, because lets just face it, people like a visible indicator of how good they are in comparison to others. (I know I did)

Meh I’m fine if it resets every 3 months, I just think it should be like H3 where it’s right there on your player tag next to your XP rank (Legend, Mythic, etc).
And then Arena would be like 1 page in on your service record with ALL your Arena stats (or at least have them listed on bnet or waypoint).

But first they would have to implement a couple more ranked playlists. Same as H3 would do fine; Snipers, Swat, Slayer, FFA, MLG, Doubles, whatever else there was.

And can we please get some weekend playlists, please? I swear Reach is so boring compared to H3 in like every aspect.