My Thoughts on Theater Mode

So as we all know, theater will not be supported for campaign or spartan ops, I personally don’t mind this as I never used it for that anyway, however I do think it might be complicated for people like RoosterTeeth when they are making achievement guides, of course they can sill do this but it would cause an awful amount of editing, also I don’t even know if they use theater to be honest as I dont work for them, sadly :frowning:

I know a lot of people will be sad about it, and I guess it will be a loss, but from what I have seen of the game, I think 343i have been making the right choices, especially with the music, I have listened to every track and I have to say Neil has done a great job, but this is not about the OST.

So what will happen to Campaign and Spartan Ops clips in Fails of the Weak? I guess we wont have them anymore, I guess I am okay with that as its a lot more funny when real people fail than an AI, although I will miss grunts killing their own team mates and I’m sure the Prometheans will fail once in a while.

I’m not to sure what to think of it, as I said I never use it unless I need to show someone a clip from campaign for some reason for instance, assassinating the elite on pillar of autumn.

What do you guys think of campaign and spartan ops theater being gone?

-Bradley

It’s a terrible step backward. Another mistake by 343i, falling into the category of drastically reduced custom options and no plasma rifle. :frowning:

> It’s a terrible step backward. Another mistake by 343i, falling into the category of drastically reduced custom options and no plasma rifle. :frowning:

I don’t mid no theater for Campaign and Spartan Ops, but I FREAKIN love the plasma rifle!!!

[deleted]

Again, another illogical decision.

> It’s a terrible step backward. Another mistake by 343i, falling into the category of drastically reduced custom options and no plasma rifle. :frowning:

It must’ve been because of the limitations of the 360 as I highly doubt that 343i would remove a feature like that for no reason.

Achievement Guides shouldn’t be a problem for Rooster Teeth because I know they possess capture cards. Fails of the Week will be more complicated for Campaign and SpOps as everybody does not have a capture card(or at least a high-end on).

Hopefully there will be a Day 1 patch or a patch soon after release to include this feature.(I don’t know how this works)

Maybe they just plan to add it later on after people have played through the campaign. I’ve heard that people use theatre mode to find the secret things, it would mean people have to find them properly. I hope they do add it.

I don’t care about scoring. It’s sometimes funny to see headshot medal after headshot medal and to know surely when you have killed someone around the edge, because you get points immediately.

But no campaign theater is the wrongest move they have done so far. I almost love everything, the high details, the music especially…but no campaign theater? That’s wrong, so wrong…they cannot expain that in any logical way. If people could choose between Campaign/Spartan Ops theater and quick time events…guess where the hands would be rised.
Theater needs to come additionally…in one way or another. Because this was the best thing that could happen in Halo 3. It was in every Halo game (not HW) and was used by A LOT of people. It’s almost tradition that you have it. When you speak about Halo, you have to speak about theater. I know, multiplayer theater is still there…but it’s just not the same.

Halo 4 already takes up a ton of room, about 8 gigs for multiplayer. 343 can only have so much on the memory, so they removed less important aspects of theater, like campaign/spartan ops.

> I don’t care about scoring. It’s sometimes funny to see headshot medal after headshot medal and to know surely when you have killed someone around the edge, because you get points immediately.
>
> But no campaign theater is the wrongest move they have done so far. I almost love everything, the high details, the music especially…but no campaign theater? That’s wrong, so wrong…they cannot expain that in any logical way. If people could choose between Campaign/Spartan Ops theater and quick time events…guess where the hands would be rised.
> Theater needs to come additionally…in one way or another. Because this was the best thing that could happen in Halo 3. It was in every Halo game (not HW) and was used by A LOT of people. It’s almost tradition that you have it. When you speak about Halo, you have to speak about theater. I know, multiplayer theater is still there…but it’s just not the same.

Yeah, it’s VERY UNLIKELY that they removed Campaign theater because of QTEs. Otherwise we would have SpOps theater.

Technically, Spartan Ops never had theater to begin with since it was only introduced in Halo 4. It never had a chance to be denied of it’s greatness.

Of course, if you don’t mind providing links…confirmation. I need it.

> Technically, Spartan Ops never had theater to begin with since it was only introduced in Halo 4. It never had a chance to be denied of it’s greatness.
>
>
> Of course, if you don’t mind providing links…confirmation. I need it.

I was reading the thread thinking the same thing, I see no proof.

> Technically, Spartan Ops never had theater to begin with since it was only introduced in Halo 4. It never had a chance to be denied of it’s greatness.
>
>

Speaking of which, was it ever confirmed that there will be NO campaign theater at all, like not being able to be patched in.

Hopefully this will be cleared up by today’s bulletin.

> > Technically, Spartan Ops never had theater to begin with since it was only introduced in Halo 4. It never had a chance to be denied of it’s greatness.
> >
> >
> > Of course, if you don’t mind providing links…confirmation. I need it.
>
> I was reading the thread thinking the same thing, I see no proof.

Unless provided, i am going to have to remain skeptical and dismiss this as doom saying. That is of course if someone doesn’t giv mee the left leg to Exodia (Just. One. More. Card.) and show me that theater has been nerfed again.

>
>

The information is half-confirmed officially. Let’s just say it wasn’t deductive reasoning either, information came from sources looked down upon.

I really hope they bring it back, because I always loved seeing something funny happen in campaign and getting a shot of it.

And it made me miss out on a hilariously epic Spartan Ops video. I was driving an AA warthog, my friend was shooting. A wraith shot launched us way into the air, basically across the level, and mid flight my friend shoots and kills two hunters, three elites and god knows how many grunts. And I can never get a video of it.

And I can’t get a screenshot of me assassinating a Promethean, or making a hunter send a grunt flying, or my weaponless marine follower, or my barrel roll triple elite splatter on campaign. It’s only been a little over a week, and I’ve already missed out on capturing all those great and hilarious moments.