9 Revival
10 Nemesis
11 Arrival
12 Green and Blue
13 Immaterial
14 Ascendancy
15 To Galaxy
16 117

Not sure if it’s considered a leak given that the OST was released in Australia but all of the samples are out and desecration was sent to OST LE purchasers as an apology. I’ll refrain from posting links.

I’ll start off by saying that Halo 4’s music sounds a lot more heroic, virtuous, and electronic. Honestly at first I was disappointed after supporting the samples for so long, though I was listening to the music loudly enough, it was out of in game context, and it’s always better to hear a song more than once to understand it. That being said, Halo 4’s OST is very decent and will hopefully work very well with the in-game. I couldn’t tell which song was the theme song from all the ones I’ve heard though I expected 117 to be it. The monk chants in some of the tracks seem hardly inaudible to nonexistent which was strange to me because of some of the ripped sounds in some of Tridy’s older videos. I’m sure that there will be different variants of some of the tracks ingame so there’s nothing much to worry about. There are also 3 other tracks being released besides Desecration and the original 15, so one of those might be it. I’m looking forward to listening to the theme song. You can definitely hear bits and pieces of the tracks in the original trilogy so there’s nothing to worry if you are a veteran. These tracks should be something that we never forget.

Awakening- This track was just purely beautiful to me. After so much time of Cortana’s suffering and John’s slumber, 5 long years without the Chief is finally coming to an end. The chief is waking up and finally ready to do what spartans do best. Throughout the song I can picture the Chief getting used to his new armor and having brief conversations with Cortana while combating the enemies around him. The second half of the track gets really intense and sounds like Chief has to be really aware of his surroundings but it still sounds peaceful in a sense. I enjoyed the crescendo in the song towards the end of it. well orchestrated and put together piece. Definitely one of my favorites.

Belly of the Beast- This track sounds like it would be the moment when Chief and Cortana are finally being pulled into Requiem and it sounds like the situation is dangerous and unnerving. They don’t know what to expect and neither does the audience. A whole new strange world is upon us and there are certainly dangers that lie ahead. Though I’m sure many people figured that by the title of the track. The ending sounds really dramatic so we can all assume that they also crash on the planet and have to brace for impact. This is also given in the concept art trailer from earlier this year and even the cover art for the game.

Requiem- Definitely invokes a feeling of mystery and instantly makes you ask, “where are we?”. Then the experience gets very forerunner, kind of metallic and electronic. The best part of the song rolls in in the middle where it seems like you are basically looking upon all of Requiem. Such a beautiful new planet, it’s awesome(in the more formal sense). Then the tone dips a bit, feels like Chief had his moment to bask and now he has to move on to more important matters. A very spartan like thing to do but no problem. The track is great, I’ll definitely enjoy entering Requiem ingame. It’ll be very nostalgic, like in Halo 1 when you land on the Halo.

Legacy- Hard song to interpret. Though I feel that it should of been re-titled, Prophecy but I have no idea when it’ll play ingame. I say, Prophecy because it feels like you are discovering something new, about yourself or about the humans and the forerunners. Though when you think really deep into it, Legacy is a fitting name. Learning about the legacy of humans and the burden you carry on your shoulders now. The track is alright but it feels like it can only be an ingame moment. Outside of the game, it just wouldn’t fit at all.

Nemesis- Nice build up, feels like your “Nemesis” is always creeping around the corner and when he appears -BOOM- you don’t know how to react. Though, I’m sure this song will pop up multiple times in the game. Whether it is referring to Jul or the Didact is something that we’ll have to find out. The track itself is very powerful and seems to carry a lot of anger behind it and considering that the Didact may not appear as much as Jul I’ll say it’s more fitting for Jul. This is one of those tracks that will sound amazing the first and last time you hear it ingame.

Faithless- Another favorite track of mine. As some have suggested, this may apply to Master Chief. As we know it, Master Chief is the only spartan II aboard the Infinity, while he may have iinspired Lasky, he’s not on great terms with Del Rio who seems him and Cortana as an “aging spartan and his malfunctioning AI”. The track itself seems very daring and something that you never thought would of happened ever occurs. After the “heat of the moment” passes the song gets dull as if a fight scene had ended. Then it gets adventurous as if Master Chief is on his own, walking away from the Infinity and exploring Requiem some more, only because of what he thinks is right. Speaking of it, I was actually surprised that there was not a song titled, Infinity.

Haven- The track is one of my least favorite tracks in the game, but that’s my personality. Sounds like a track that plays in the BG of a conversation or briefing. It has a very ambient touch to it and has the potential to be emotionally powerful based on the “bursts” in the song. The piano playing in it is a nice touch. Some may find this song to be nostalgic and beautiful, which it is in my opinion. You can also hear the relation between this and the great remix of it. The best part of the song comes in at the end. It starts off slow, but patience is a virtue.

Ascendancy- Oh, Ascendancy. Another great track it may not have much to offer on the feels table, but it is very upbeat and I like the electronic feel to it. This is just the perfect fight music to start off any action scene in the game. I can’t wait to kill promies while listening to this. It gets very serious near the end. You can hear the resemblance between it and the Caspa remix. Very much like ODST and Reach’s music if you ask me. I just love the build up to towards the end of the song.

Solace- Very emotional song, the slow playing piano adds to the “sad” feel of the song. The string instruments just scream “This song will make you cry like a b#$%”. The song is just amazing and sounds like it has a few smiles near the end. Kind of like a happy anime ending or in a Disney/Pixar movie where it goes from Happy - tragic - Happy. Yes, I just compared Halo music to Pixar music, fight me. This is a great track and definitely another favorite.

To Galaxy- I’ve heard so many iterations of this song and even a nice 8 bit version. It was just orgasmic to hear this play. After hearing it so much, the song dulled down over time, but still a great track. I honestly have no idea how this will be used in game. People have thought it to be the theme song, but I’m not so sure. It’s truly amazing another favorite.

Immaterial- This song definitely knows how to invoke a creepy feeling into your body. I’m sure that whatever happens while this plays ingame will give me chills. I’d have to assume that it involves Cortana and her rampancy, that’s all I can think of during the song. Maybe her head spinning as she goes insane, maybe even attacks the Chief, and questions her existence and actions. She’s bound to make some rash decisions that can’t be blamed on her. Anyone who has seen the 3rd episode of FuD knows that there will be some major conflict involving Cortana. Also if Halo 4 has bosses, which I hopes it does, I can see this track as being a boss theme. The track is considerably long enough to suit being a boss track. This song has ensured me that Halo 4 won’t only be jump scares, and even though the Flood won’t be an enemy we’ll hopefully get a moment of fear and mystery like picking up Jenkins’s helmet in Halo 1. The distortion in the sounds and the faint echo out of others just really piece the song together. It feels like so much is happening at once but everything is out of your control. Then you can feel the intense moments where if you are facing someone who was once good then, there’s no reasoning with them and you have to do what you wanted to do the least. The bit at the end makes me feel like the worst has come to pass, but there’s nothing that can be done. Whatever moment this is in the game will surely be one of the biggest factors that take the Chief out of his comfort zone like 343i planned and I’m glad to hear it in the music. Brilliantly composed track.

117- FAVORITE SONG SO FAR. String instruments can instantly improve the quality of a song in my opinion. The song itself depicts everything that Master Chief is and more. Determined, persistent, valiant, strong, towering, and heroic. This is just a “Hero’s song”, hopefully Master Chief himself is not a tragic hero. The song starts off very slow and then slowly builds into the epicness it is. You can feel like the Chief is struggling to accomplish so much but then inevitably fails. But even if he fails or is on the verge of being defeated, he refuses to give up. He gets back up and charges straight back into battle. Ready to take on the world until his last breath. Spartans are just suicide soldiers, but Master Chief has always shown to just risk his life. He’s lucky but his determination and lack of fear shows. He wasn’t afraid to deliver the bomb on the covenant cruiser, he wasn’t afraid of the flood or the Gravemind, he knew what he had to do when he saw Keyes infected, and he was ready to finish the fight between the Covenant and Humans. This track depicts his struggle, but he quickly rises from it to defeat something that is much more than him. It’s like when a person has an epiphany that the world doesn’t revolve around them and there are things much bigger than they are. It shows that 343i kept to their word when they said that there’s something more at stake this time. The song has a great use of instruments and is one of the most powerful and emotional tracks in the game. I’m eager to see the scene that the song falls on. The crescendo and powerful ending make the song beautiful. This track is Chief’s identity.

Arrival- I could immediately hear some sounds from Halo 2 in the beggining of the song. If someone was dying of a venomous bite and their friend arrived with an antidote, well that’s what this song feels like. As if after going through so much we are finally at “that place” and we can finally save you. I can think of many movie scenes when listening to this song. It just feels glorious and whatever happens must be a good thing because there’s not a hint of sadness in this song. Also, based on how the tracks are originally assigned, this track may come up much later in the game.

Revival- Nothing too special. Feels more of an ingame moment only, I don’t think it deserved as much time as it has but given what will obviously happen when this plays, then maybe the scene will be more epic than how I see it. Based on the title of it and the series of chants in the track, it seems that this will be played when the Didact is being revived from his Cryptum. Whatever creatures pops out of it will definitely have menacing and intimidating features. The Didact will be quite the challenge for the Chief.His wife is the Librarian, and he’s the master of the vicious Prometheans. Considering how far down this song is as well, this will be a very dramatic scene in the game.

Green and Blue- The track is obviously referring to Master Chief and Cortana, hence the title. The track felt a little underwhelming in my opinion but it was definitely a sad and depressing song. I’m sure that a major character will kick the bucket in Halo 4. Some may view Master Chief and Cortana’s connection as a love story. Though that’s not the case. Ofcourse they have love for each other because of their bond and what they’ve been through over the course of time, but they are not in love with each other. I can just imagine a flashback of all of Chief and Cortana’s greatest moments during this supposedly sad scene. Something that would make Cortana seem even more human. Cortana may be seen by the military as a tool and only that, but she is a part of Master Chief. Just think of how little dialogue Chief had in Halo 3 until he reunited with Cortana. Each of them have a strong influence on the other, their actions, and how they perceive life to be. As a soldier, Cortana most likely helps Chief deal with all of the cold facts of life and war such as having to kill your superiors, watching thousands of comrades die before you, and having to kill to achieve peace and safety. Cortana helps keep Chief’s mind off of those things with their witty conversations and keeps him from doing something rash. She does not let him lose his focus of the battle at hand however. Without Cortana, Chief would be the cyborg that he was supposed to be in Halo on the Mac. The same goes for Cortana. Imagine living your whole life as a super intelligent being but knowing the depressing fact that you are NOT human. You are just a computer chip, artificial intelligence and you are bound to die at a certain time. She spent 4 grueling years on the Forward Unto Dawn just thinking to herself. That’s enough to drive a person mad, not only that but she wasted literally half of her life just watching and thinking. I can’t imagine how much worse off Cortana would be without the Chief or someone to talk to. The song has an amazing assortment of strings and gets its real “umph” during the mid - end. It is well orchestrated, but sounds like it may not end on too much of a sad note. In my mind, Cortana is either dying or being separated from the Chief. This is a great song in Halo 4’s OST. Anything after this should never be forgotten.

Desecration- It just feels like Halo 4’s version of drumrun in Halo CE. Very nostalgic and has the catchiest beat out of all the songs. I wish this were my theme song for life. It sounds somewhat adventurous but “aware” .The sounds come together really well in this piece. The ending is just ear candy.

Well this is just my opinion and interpretation of the OST, feel free to leave yours whether it’s based on the remix, OST or whatever. I can’t wait til the next trailers coming out after seeing the “Scanned” trailer. I’m excited for Halo 4 and can’t wait to play on November 6th.

Ill read the rest once your done.

I have to tell you, the best track i have heard in the OST, is 117. What an amazing theme. Whoever did that, well done to that person. I’ll probably end up listening to it in my car when i head to work, lol.

> I have to tell you, the best track i have heard in the OST, is 117. What an amazing theme. Whoever did that, well done to that person. I’ll probably end up listening to it in my car when i head to work, lol.

yeah … if only the original Halo theme bits were longer that would be the best OST ever … still my favorite of Halo 4 too

> Ill read the rest once your done.

Lol yeah. Took me a long while because I was listening to each song while writing it. I just finished the second half of the post. Feel free to go view it.

I have to say though, even the “underwhelming” tracks tend to grow on me after a few repeats.

Nice thoughts, you clearly put a lot of effort into this. I really do like the soundtrack. The more I listen to the songs, the more I enjoy them. Personally, my favorite is Green and Blue.

Which of these has “Never Forget”? Also any original Halo theme song?

I also have the soundtrack and I will describe it with one word: Incredible.

Each song has it’s own “style” and rythym, every song it’s different of each other and… uff, beautiful, epic, gorgeus, spooky. Neil Davidge did an excellent work!

By the way, if anyone wants the full soundtrack (OST and Remixes, with Desecration and a suprise), just send me a PM with your mail. Don’t worry, this isn’t a leak 'cause the soundtrack is out on Australia, I think.

:smiley:

> I also have the soundtrack and I will describe it with one word: Incredible.
>
> Each song has it’s own “style” and rythym, every song it’s different of each other and… uff, beautiful, epic, gorgeus, spooky. Neil Davidge did an excellent work!
>
> By the way, if anyone wants the full soundtrack (OST and Remixes, with Desecration and a suprise), just send me a PM with your mail. Don’t worry, this isn’t a leak 'cause the soundtrack is out on Australia, I think.
>
> :smiley:

Well you know how I like surprises :slight_smile:

If any of you are Tridy supporters, this is his new youtube account. He has the full OST up, nothing leaked. He even has desecration. So go enjoy. Tell me what you think.

Personally, my favorites are
To Galaxy
Ascendancy
Faithless
Solace
Awakening

I put it all on my iPod yesterday and have been listening to it non-stop.

Revival, Belly of the Beast, Nemesis, To Galaxy, Green & Blue, Solace, 117 and Requiem are some of the best tracks in the series.

But the title of ‘the best track in the series’ for me goes to Legacy. It’s beautiful, simply put, and I have absolutely no idea how it’ll play into the game but I hope it’s like eerily beautiful background music in a Forerunner cathedral or something along those lines.

Solace sounds like a mix of Journey’s OST with a bit of Oblivion in it, mixed with a Halo flavour. <3

Davidge has certainly made his mark on this series and I hope they bring him back for the rest of the Reclaimer Trilogy.

Absolutely cannot wait to hear them in-context.

Nice review, pretty detailed but i did notice you called The Didact a master builder of the Forerunner race in The Revival section. That is incorrect, he is part of the Warrior-Servant caste. A Promethean. Not a Master Builder like that jerk Faber was.

I have to say my two favorite are Arrival and 117!!!

> Nice review, pretty detailed but i did notice you called The Didact a master builder of the Forerunner race in The Revival section. That is incorrect, he is part of the Warrior-Servant caste. A Promethean. Not a Master Builder like that jerk Faber was.

QFT

Great review

Honestly, Neil did a much better job than I thought he ever would. I find his music very compelling and immersive. In my opinion, he is worthy of the Halo brand.

I love 117!

It’s so epic!

Has anyone uploaded the entire soundtrack into one video yet (youtube)? Or is planning to do so soon?

I find it much easier to push play and let the soundtracks roll through without me having to keep choosing specific things, makes it a lot easier when I’m listening to them while doing homework or something.

> Has anyone uploaded the entire soundtrack into one video yet (youtube)? Or is planning to do so soon?
>
> I find it much easier to push play and let the soundtracks roll through without me having to keep choosing specific things, makes it a lot easier when I’m listening to them while doing homework or something.

Not yet, it’s just separate for now.