My thoughts on Infection so far.

I really like this Infected mode. It’s balanced, it’s fast paced, and it has that horror vibe I never expected.

However, here are some things I think should be changed around a bit.

• No more radar (at least for the survivors): It only serves to slow the game down when the Infected are essentially forced to crouch walk to sneak up on groups of survivors. A slow paced Infected mode is detrimental and the radar serves no purpose. I know people want to survive, but use your wits without radar–it’s more suspenseful that way. - Power Installation 484’s Basement: It’s a popular spot to survive in because you can close-off the opening with a giant box, forcing the Infected to become bottle-necked in the tightly defended corridors. If a group or every survivor hides in that room, there’s little hope to possibly Infect others. My idea is to remove that big box so that it makes it more difficult to survive down there. - Backwoods Exploit: There is a shady spot in the map. Players will crouch jump over a small tree and enter a tight corner next to a building. This results in that spot making it very difficult for the Infected to get in. It’s not often exploited, but when it happens, you’ll know. This needs a fix. - Losses on our records: Unless I’m mistaken, Infected will staple a loss on your record if you don’t place in 1st (or perhaps the top 3). This should not be a thing. Instead, have neither a loss or victory counted, unless you place in 1st place (or the top 3).

The alpha zombies don’t show up on radar and it’s up to the zombies to use tactics to surprise the survivors e.g one attacks the front and another from behind.

> 2597611927948033;1:
> - Power Installation 484’s Basement: It’s a popular spot to survive in because you can close-off the opening with a giant box, forcing the Infected to become bottle-necked in the tightly defended corridors. If a group or every survivor hides in that room, there’s little hope to possibly Infect others. My idea is to remove that big box so that it makes it more difficult to survive down there.

I’ve seen this happen a couple of times but the survivors have to be resourceful also the zombies can move it too.

I’m not really enjoying it, but I’ve never been a big fan of infection so that it’s saying much. Playing as a survivor is fun enough and can get down right exciting at times, but I can’t stand being infected. No one uses mics, so trying to strategize is nearly impossible. Most of the time I find myself being the canon fodder for everyone else or getting blown away trying to do things on my own, and that just gets boring after awhile.

> 2597611927948033;1:
> - Losses on our records: Unless I’m mistaken, Infected will staple a loss on your record if you don’t place in 1st (or perhaps the top 3). This should not be a thing. Instead, have neither a loss or victory counted, unless you place in 1st place (or the top 3).

I totally agree with you on this one and a I hope they change it to where it doesn’t count towards wins or losses. My win/loss ratio is quickly gaining on each other.

> 2597611927948033;1:
> - Power Installation 484’s Basement: It’s a popular spot to survive in because you can close-off the opening with a giant box, forcing the Infected to become bottle-necked in the tightly defended corridors. If a group or every survivor hides in that room, there’s little hope to possibly Infect others. My idea is to remove that big box so that it makes it more difficult to survive down there.

For this, if you are alpha you just got to rush down and beat the survivors in the room. Usually when I do this, I am able to clear the room all most instantly and that eliminates the problem. If you cant beat them in the room, just keep boosting into the crate and you’ll push it out of the way a lot quicker.

> 2597611927948033;1:
> Losses on our records: Unless I’m mistaken, Infected will staple a loss on your record if you don’t place in 1st (or perhaps the top 3). This should not be a thing. Instead, have neither a loss or victory counted, unless you place in 1st place (or the top 3).

Yeah, that’s a bunch of crap. They need to fix that for sure.

I’ve got a victory placed at 9th, it might be something to do with number of rounds you survive to the end

And a defeat at 2nd place

> 2658598172887564;3:
> I’m not really enjoying it, but I’ve never been a big fan of infection so that it’s saying much. Playing as a survivor is fun enough and can get down right exciting at times, but I can’t stand being infected. No one uses mics, so trying to strategize is nearly impossible. Most of the time I find myself being the canon fodder for everyone else or getting blown away trying to do things on my own, and that just gets boring after awhile.

As it turns out, gamechat is disabled in Infection, period. I discovered this pretty recently, and it fees like a mind boggling exclusion.